Equinox Mast Grill Now Extra Cost

TommyD3

Go to a supermarket, try and find a pound of coffee, five pound bag of sugar, hundreds of items. Prices haven't changed much. I've been complaining about this for a long time, never hear any of our politicians mention this when the cost of living is discussed, probably because most of them haven't been in a supermarket for years.

UK research reported a couple of days ago suggest over 2500 everyday household products in the U.K. have been subject to Shrinkflation

According to the menus posted an 8 oz gourmet burger is 9.95 and a 4 oz gourmet burger is 4.95 You can buy two 4 oz burgers for (slightly) less then the cost of one 8 oz gourmet burger.

I read a list of the top chain burgers. Five Guys, Shake Shack, Wendy's and in and out were in the top 10 (I think top 5). All use fresh, never frozen, meat. I don't think ground beef lasts a week. Is it ground on the ship? Is it frozen? Can a burger prepared from frozen meat be considered gourmet?

According to the menus posted an 8 oz gourmet burger is 9.95 and a 4 oz gourmet burger is 4.95 You can buy two 4 oz burgers for (slightly) less then the cost of one 8 oz gourmet burger.

I read a list of the top chain burgers. Five Guys, Shake Shack, Wendy's and in and out were in the top 10 (I think top 5). All use fresh, never frozen, meat. I don't think ground beef lasts a week. Is it ground on the ship? Is it frozen? Can a burger prepared from frozen meat be considered gourmet?

I am pretty sure Celebrity is receiving the meat frozen and already ground. So long as beef is properly frozen, stored and defrosted it is very difficult to discern a drop in quality from never-frozen beef, but ONLY if it was properly frozen, stored and defrosted. That is amusing the 4oz burger is less than half the cost of the 8oz burger.

That is amusing the 4oz burger is less than half the cost of the 8oz burger.

A lack of attention to detail. Order two burgers, twice the effort for the restaurant staff yet charge less!

They probably meant yo charge $5.95 but someone didn't proof the menus :-)

Not to worry they'll correct it next season .... "8oz Premium Aged Gourmet Burger Royale Luxury Kobe like blend - $19.99 4oz Angus blend Modern Luxury Burger $10"

A lack of attention to detail. Order two burgers, twice the effort for the restaurant staff yet charge less!

They probably meant yo charge $5.95 but someone didn't proof the menus :-)

Not to worry they'll correct it next season .... "8oz Premium Aged Gourmet Burger Royale Luxury Kobe like blend - $19.99 4oz Angus blend Modern Luxury Burger $10"

Yeah, one can just imagine a LLP correction. She would likely change the prices to $9.95 for a 4 oz burger, and $19.99 for an 8 oz :). And then they would have a crew member running around the deck offering 30% discounts.

Hank

THis is all now Moot, see today's posting that the pay venue was just a "pop-up" and is no more. Everything back to normal, move along, nothing to see here.....:)

Link, please? [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't laughed so much in years! Thanks all. :')

Happy to hear that Celebrity Corporate has owned up to their faulty decision making. Maybe next pop-up idea should be posted/tested here first. Some very well thought out suggestions from posters on this thread. Hope it stays!

According to the menus posted an 8 oz gourmet burger is 9.95 and a 4 oz gourmet burger is 4.95 You can buy two 4 oz burgers for (slightly) less then the cost of one 8 oz gourmet burger

And you get twice as many French fries.

And you get twice as many French fries.

Gourmet French Fries? Made from Polenta and covered in Truffle oil and Parmasean? i.e. Ruined :p

Can't beat good old fashioned Fries or English Chips - if it ain't broke don't fix it

Gourmet French Fries? Made from Polenta and covered in Truffle oil and Parmasean? i.e. Ruined :p

Can't beat good old fashioned Fries or English Chips - if it ain't broke don't fix it

Aye - doused in vinegar. Yum!

Did tried the burger last week.It was good.Bet that was the last FREE burger I had at Mast Grill.

Yea all the good stuff been taken away,what left behind is the JUNK FREEBIE.

Celebrity going downhill.

Was in a suite on this cruise, the maitre de set up a group of SIX and one group of EIGHT at the front section of Luminae.It was like a fish market once these groups started conversation and laughter.

It totally lost the elegant feel of suite class restaurant.Out of seven nights I only dined in there three nights.

Very disappointed on this cruise.

Going on Hal next cruise because sushi is included as are great burgers and I got a suite for balcony price on Celebrity, really like Celebrity but I was disappointed when they took the sushi and made us pay for it, haven't Ben on Hal for years.

My bet is that they will test another location.

After reading all this upscale burger bar info for the last couple of weeks, doesn't Equinox already serve an up sell premium burger at the Gastro Bar? I think the last time I saw the menu it was $12. Do they really need 2 venues selling premium burgers?