Equinox Mast Grill Now Extra Cost

TommyD3

As an adult with adult tastes you find this a satisfactory burger to buy.

But if you pay the $10 to buy this for a 10 year-old child, will the child like it or just take one bite and threw the rest away?

Gourmet burgers may make sense to adults, but what about to children?

What you describe could happen at any dining establishment anywhere when you order a burger for a kid. You do have the option of buying the $5 burger (4 oz) instead of the $10 burger (8 oz).

A fairly simple solution would be for Celebrity to take a cart of the pre-cooked lousy burgers and hot dogs from the OVC and bring it out by the pool for those who want what they had before. No additional cover-ups needed. No wet people in the OVC. Kid-friendly. No additional charges. I see this as an option that does not compete with the TDBB concept and could make everybody happy.

Exercise daily for 2 hours with routines I gave in Maryland several years back as as a water aerobics instructor.I feel good perhaps younger than most but then again you're as young as you feel. How old are you?

You can exercise all you want, and you will probably lose weight, but on the inside you're still the same person. If you find yourself denigrating and bullying people for their looks or what they choose to eat then you might want to stop and think for a second why. Don't go through life being that sort of person.

I've sent two politely worded emails about this to Celebrity this week. The first was to the customer service address, and when this wasn't answered, the second to the CEO. No reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is what is needed, a mass emailing, not just grumbling here. I have done the same. NO response.

How old are you? Just FYI people with certain health issues cannot skip meals.

Exercise daily for 2 hours with routines I gave in Maryland several years back as as a water aerobics instructor.I feel good perhaps younger than most but then again you're as young as you feel. How old are you?

What I said in an earlier post as I gently don't eat breakfast or lunch I may have oatmeal or maybe a small salad and I realize people with health problems need to eat so what did that have to do with my post when I said that I exercise? The whole idea of this thread was to talk about the Mast Grill and now people are all over the place

Burgers need to be free

They can be free but people shouldn't eat them, right?

Just so that you know, there are a lot of medical conditions where people have swollen stomachs and look overweight. Ex. Liver cirrhosis, abdominal cancers, abdominal hernias and even early stages of pregnancy when their pregestation BMI is >25 (some women you just cannot tell if they are pregnant or not...even if they are over 40yo b/c it happens).

Plus there are certain conditions where you cannot lose weight no matter how hard you try. Ex. Hypothyroidism, and others.

I've known people who are stricken with these conditions and they are SO EMBARRASSED to go out in public b/c people like YOU make them feel less than. They already feel awful b/c they don't look like they use to or be able to do the things that they use to love. ugh....such a typical ugly American who cannot think of others

Quote "By pixie:

The whole idea of this thread was to talk about the mast grill and now poeple are all over the place."

By 4cats4me:

Everybody was on the same page until you started fat shaming' date=' which is when the train ran off the track.

Just so that you know, there are a lot of medical conditions where people have swollen stomachs and look overweight. Ex. Liver cirrhosis, abdominal cancers, abdominal hernias and even early stages of pregnancy when their pregestation BMI is >25 (some women you just cannot tell if they are pregnant or not...even if they are over 40yo b/c it happens).

Plus there are certain conditions where you cannot lose weight no matter how hard you try. Ex. Hypothyroidism, and others.

I've known people who are stricken with these conditions and they are SO EMBARRASSED to go out in public b/c people like YOU make them feel less than. They already feel awful b/c they don't look like they use to or be able to do the things that they use to love. ugh....such a typical ugly American who cannot think of others

Agree with everything you've said except the American part. Bad attitudes can occur anywhere in the world and I have personally experienced this in the past.

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I figured out hos to post the picture from Shutterfly (photobucket now wants hundreds of $$$).

Here is the menu on Equinox:

ry%3D480

Sorry resolution is way too low. Original is great but Shutterfly shrunk it.....

I was combining answers from more than one of your posts. What does the Mast Grill now charging have to do with eating habits? When is your next cruise?

What I said in an earlier post as I gently don't eat breakfast or lunch I may have oatmeal or maybe a small salad and I realize people with health problems need to eat so what did that have to do with my post when I said that I exercise? The whole idea of this thread was to talk about the Mast Grill and now people are all over the place

Where is the like button?

I've sent two politely worded emails about this to Celebrity this week. The first was to the customer service address, and when this wasn't answered, the second to the CEO. No reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My Celebrity New England district sales rep was notified on the day this article was released about the "meat upgrade". He is well aware of this discussion and will be sharing it with his Board of Directors. I did get a response which stated their customers would want the best Quality meats even at a price. I asked him to monitor CC and this thread and to share it with his senior staff in Miami or Kansas. They do feel we are just a small minority as well.

To the person who prefers to use computer speak; TDBB. Hope your parents are proud of you when you grow up. Especially being critical of others.

To the person who wrote for us to do a mass email; that does work. Shortly after the Millennium set sail (maybe a year or two) Celebrity wanted to make a major change that affected everyone. The consumer won that battle. I don't recall the exact details but it was something like having to pay for the Thalossotherapy Pool in the spa. As you know those wonderful pool areas remain a complimentary part of your voyage.

Had a nightmare last night. Many older folks might remember when Horn and Hardart operated self-service cafes called "Automats." In an Automat, you have hundreds of little compartments which are loaded from the rear (kitchen) and customers get their food from the front. But to get your food you had to pay money to open the little windowed compartment. Well, we can see LLP doing this on the new builds. One would have to swipe their cruise card (they would likely change this to wrist band transponders) to get the window to open with the food. You would be charged for each item. So, for example, a hotdog might cost you $25....and you would have to pay another $5 for a dab of mustard. Water (out of a dispenser would still be free), but if you wanted your water out of a "filtered dispenser" it would be $2 per ounce. Weak coffee (kind of like dishwater) would be free....but if you wanted it stronger (with some flavor) it would only cost $5 per ounce. And I also dreamed that Bingo cards would be sold at the bargain price of 3 cards for $100! But you would be eligible for the Million Dollar Jackpot...if you could cover your card in the first 23 numbers. Deck loungers would cost $5 per hour....and would automatically dump their patrons if they failed to pay up. Cabin showers would have meters....and you would pay $25 per minute for water. And in a move to have something similar to "resort fees," LLP would impose an "Air Fee" which would be $30 a day for just breathing the filtered air inside a ship. But there would be no charge for the air on deck :).

Hank

Your post brillint and stirrring.Brought lots of smiles

Agree with everything you've said except the American part. Bad attitudes can occur anywhere in the world and I have personally experienced this in the past.

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Touche. I'll give you that. I have stories too ;)

Nah, the best revenge is living well.

I agree. Touche. Let pixie rot from the inside out. Live and let live

Trying to post the menu again:

ry%3D480

Can someone tell me the instructions to post a full resolution Shutterfy link here on CC? I used the instructions in a thread here on CC - Select the image, right mouse click on the image and select copy, then paste into CC. It takes my 2 MB picture and posts a 25KB image on CC. Text is not readable. Thanks.

Edited by TommyD3

Oh, I see they're charging for veggie burgers and turkey burgers as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They would probably tell you they are dry aged Kobe veggies and turkey :).

Hank

Oh, I see they're charging for veggie burgers and turkey burgers as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course, you can't let the healthier choices go free or no one would shell out $10 for a kobedog! :halo:

It seems a lot of customers aren't happy with the change. I guess so. Especially since they haven't made a big announcement about the change, and are just seemingly randomly surprising it on people.

Drip Drip Drip.... The cruise industry has had this pesky leak for 20 years now. Don't be surprised when install that pay toilet in your room that requires your ship card to operate.

They would probably tell you they are dry aged Kobe veggies and turkey :).

Hank

Ha, that wouldn't surprise me if they attempted that as well. I think a lawyer is gong to win far more money for Celebrity's blatant false advertisIng than Celebrity will make from selling faux Kobe dogs & burgs. Then they will need to come up with a whole new scheme to recoup that $$$$$.

Hahaha,

I am Elite with Celebrity but this Cruise line has became such a joke. Another milestone of maaaaany cutbacks.

We are all lucky to have the freedom of choice and they will most likely find their target group. I will gladly remember the Celebrity it was a whole while ago.

I'd love to see what you look like now and then when you get old. Especially if you become mobility challenged sometime in life or your metabolism changes as you age. At that point I hope someone treats you with the same attitude you're displaying now. What goes around, comes around.

btw nekkid pics are optional. ;p