Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

You were lucky, someone made a mistake.

The last time we were on Freedom, we passed a couple trying to access the CL door which was not opening for them. I told them they may have to go to GS to get it replaced. They said they had booked a suite for their first RCI cruise, so they were supposed to have concierge lounge access.

I asked ..."is it a Junior Suite?"...he barked "Yes it is!! So I should have access!"

I just smiled and walked away. ;)

So we were lucky twice on two ships? DL opened with Gold card and not Diamond at that time ??

I'd say one or more of these:

1) Someone made a mistake.

2) Some restriction on how the locks/keycards work such that because D+/PC can legitimately go to both lounges, then they are stuck with allowing all to go to both lounges.

3) Local policy on those ships.

We booked grand suites before we were Diamond and were in a junior suite on our first Diamond cruise. We never thought about trying our cards to open doors we knew we were not entitled to enter. I cannot imagine very many passengers would attempt to do that.

So we were lucky twice on two ships? DL opened with Gold card and not Diamond at that time ??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Two totally different situations. A JS does not have access to the CL, neither does a Diamond member. A GS gets a gold card and has access to the CL, it shouldn't have access to the DL but it seems many time, gold cards open both doors.

We booked grand suites before we were Diamond and were in a junior suite on our first Diamond cruise. We never thought about trying our cards to open doors we knew we were not entitled to enter. I cannot imagine very many passengers would attempt to do that.

It was done for inquiring minds..... not to mention the coffee machine was down in the CL.

Why wouldn't a full Suite Guest have access to either lounge?

It was done for inquiring minds..... not to mention the coffee machine was down in the CL.

That was me too.

Just wanted a nosey around in the afternoon and had a coffee.

Consierge was in at the same time and just said hello.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Because the suite lounge is the perk for suites and DL is the perk for loyalty. We rarely use the DL because there is no need to add to the crowding issue since we have the SL.

In the Lounges, yes. Did you have it on Oasis in June?

I did not have it in June, and did not notice if it was gone. Only one I had was the welcome aboard beverage from C&A, which we got only one of instead of two.

I thought we covered that already.

DL aka Diamond Club is a loyalty perk

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I think we have covered that and just about everything else that has to do with the DL, a bunch of things that have nothing to do with the DL, and a bunch of bogus huffing and puffing about what people who don't know a thing, think is going to happen to and in the DL....

Just sayin

JC

I think we have covered that and just about everything else that has to do with the DL, a bunch of things that have nothing to do with the DL, and a bunch of bogus huffing and puffing about what people who don't know a thing, think is going to happen to and in the DL....

Just sayin

JC

We did not cover usage of the computer. I've seen folks camped out there for days

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Just sayin

JC

Maybe everyone should declare how many cruises they have done to justify their comments.

We have done 45.

27 on RC and 18 on other lines.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app