Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

Right now I think having the 3 drink coupons, on top of having a Diamond Lounge, more then takes care of losing access to one of two lounges. I can now go to a whole bunch of lounges to get my drinks if I want to.

TBH 3 drinks coupons are not enough.

On Harmony the DL drinks waiter brought me 3 drinks in 20 minutes and we only popped in at 5 pm for a couple of snacks.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Ok, let's really mess this $--- up.... We will make it a dress code thread. When we started cruising in 1996, we always dressed up for formal night. This continued for us until two things happened. The first was 911. The airlines made luggage expensive. This didn't deter me.... the bridges in Venice did. 2004 we did a land trip to England, flew to Venice, then trained to Rome then car to Amalfi for a week in a villa. We arrived in Venice at 11PM got dumped off by the cheap bus from Marco Polo airport at the big plaza where the bus goes, 4 bridges later and the 4 50pound bags and two small backpacks lugging all of our stuff, and suddenly I decided in the future no more two bags of luggage. The last time we had a tuxedo in our luggage was probably 2007 on our first TA. Since then we have skipped formal night mostly, we eat in specialty restaurants or the Coastal kitchen on our last cruise, which had 3 formal nights:eek:!

That said, I used to wear nice clothing. In the last 5 years, I have given up taking any nice clothing other than a couple of say Robert Graham shirts. I wear Kuhl Renegade pants, which are kind of fancy hiking pants. I wouldn't consider wearing shorts other than board shorts while flowriding in the evenings in the dining rooms or the DL. That said, expect to see me before the first morning session for stand-up in board shorts and rash guard and my ancient Mion sandals getting two lattes with and extra shot of expresso and 3 Splenda....

I really could care less what others wear, but I will only be so marginally out of style.... Gotta look good... enough.

JC

I still do the tux. Heck, I even bring the White jacket as well. Even if we fly, which is rare. It makes the Mrs happy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Bravo...... we wear our shorts but the D+ can't stand it.... thats why CL should be limited to Suite Guest and PC. If D+ want to play with Suite Guest, tell them to behave.

Are you sure they were D+? On our Vision cruise there was a group of 6 or so Pinnacles who threw a fit about shorts in the CL.:rolleyes: We really preferred the CL on this cruise as you never knew when you were going to get cocktails and a show😀😀.

Personally, I am starting to prefer the 3 drink coupons over any lounge.😀

Sherri:)

Me too. Diamond Plus that is. As long as the majority of the diamond benefits are still offered, I am not going to winge too much, because at some point someone might think these ungrateful SOBs are a PITA let's do away with the whole program. Because they can and will change the program at any time and in any way that they choose. It is not something we have actually earned, because of the wording I am referring to.

They have limited space and the primary goal of making as much money as possible with the facilities that they are paying for. Which means nothing will remain the same forever. A belief that things will remain the same forever is one that is sure to leave a person unsatisfied.

I will tell you of a horrible situation that occurred on my last cruise in the substitute diamond lounge. I am still so shattered by the experience that I can only now share my story, three months later!!!!:eek:

On the Ovation of the Seas, they closed the Diamond Lounge!!!!! When I went with my key in hand, to get a coffee the door was locked and the diamond Lounge label was replaced with the Golden Room. I was traumatized!:eek: Fortunately, They had a large sign in the hall that said the upstairs portion of the music hall was reserved for Diamond members. Whew! I went in, and to my horror, my precious expresso machine was sitting inside the bar area, where the bartenders work, and to which passengers can not enter. How was I to get into the employee only area to make my expresso. Fortunately, a ships crew member of a slightly higher rank than bartender was there to make my latte with an extra expresso.... Still it was very traumatic having to explain to her how to make my coffee just the way I wanted it. :loudcry: Telling this horrific story has reopened my old scarred wounds. I am not sure if I will be able to enjoy the weekend or if I will lay curled in a ball in my hallway....

JC

If the coffee means so much to you why not just go to Cafe Latitudes or Starbucks and just get what you need for your fix?

The coffee machines are great but if they are not available and it means so much to you, why not go elsewhere? Is it because it's free?

I've had situations where the BOSS sent me for coffee and machine in both lounges not working. I dared not go back to the cabin without that cup of Java so I thought outside the box and bought one at Cafe Latitudes. I mean if it means that much?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Harmony the DL drinks waiter brought me 3 drinks in 20 minutes and we only popped in at 5 pm for a couple of snacks.

3 drinks in 20 minutes! This might be a drinking issue, rather then a DL issue :) Though also might be why they might start to kick people out of there if so many drinks are poured.

That's why we like the option of the DL and also using our vouchers at a lounge. Especially if we don't have the BP.

As D+ we have all attained 175 points and one of the inducements was we can go to the CL as well as the DL.

If you are Diamond you would be howling if they​ banned you from the DL so with that thought you might understand why we feel aggrieved about losing our 2 choices of lounge.

The-interesting-thing-about-greed-is-that-although-the-underlying-motive-is-to-seek-satisfaction-even-after-obtaining-what-you-want-youre-still-...-Dalai-Lama.jpg

If the coffee means so much to you why not just go to Cafe Latitudes or Starbucks and just get what you need for your fix?

The coffee machines are great but if they are not available and it means so much to you, why not go elsewhere? Is it because it's free?

I've had situations where the BOSS sent me for coffee and machine in both lounges not working. I dared not go back to the cabin without that cup of Java so I thought outside the box and bought one at Cafe Latitudes. I mean if it means that much?

Wow, that might be why people struggle with your posts and you had to reinvent yourself.... What is the condition where you can't get sarcasm?:halo:

JC

The-interesting-thing-about-greed-is-that-although-the-underlying-motive-is-to-seek-satisfaction-even-after-obtaining-what-you-want-youre-still-...-Dalai-Lama.jpg

It takes an extra 95 points or several years cruising to move from D to D+.

Lets say your boss at work says if you stay loyal to him and hit your performance targets he will give you a pay rise,you do what he asks then he demotes you?

So how would you feel then because i think it is a good comparison with the promise of the CL when i reach D+. I've been loyal to RC for years knowing i will​l​ have use of CL and they take it away. It's a false promise. You can't in all fairness offer a carrot and then hit them with a stick once they achieve the target given.

I agree, especially considering there are quite a few kids who cruise regularly. Maybe they don't like how kids inherit their parents status and keep it when they turn 18, and figured they got it that way. Our DD has been on about 14-15 RCCL cruises (at 13yo), and would be Diamond on her own right already (she's D+ through us). I suspect people will think that's her case when she goes in there for a snack, or down the road when she's 21.
Same here. Our 11 year old son is d with his own cruise points. He will be d+ after our cruise in oct, but will be 20 points shy by his own cruise history. Told him he is lucky to have 175 cruise points at the ripe old age of 11!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

So how would you feel then because i think it is a good comparison with the promise of the CL when i reach D+. I've been loyal to RC for years knowing i will​l​ have use of CL and they take it away. It's a false promise. You can't in all fairness offer a carrot and then hit them with a stick once they achieve the target given.

I think this is the issue. Is it really a "promise" if by rule it may/can be changed at anytime without warning? I believe by reading the C&A rules, it is just a perk or benefit changed subject to Royal needs.

Same here. Our 11 year old son is d with his own cruise points. He will be d+ after our cruise in oct, but will be 20 points shy by his own cruise history. Told him he is lucky to have 175 cruise points at the ripe old age of 11!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Does he drink coffee?

I think this is the issue. Is it really a "promise" if by rule it may/can be changed at anytime without warning? I believe by reading the C&A rules, it is just a perk or benefit changed subject to Royal needs.

August 2011 we cruised as first time D,June 2017 we cruised first time D+ and we continued like several of our friends to be loyal to Royal for the CL choice so it will be a big PR mistake by RC that they will regret.

August 2011 we cruised as first time D,June 2017 we cruised first time D+ and we continued like several of our friends to be loyal to Royal for the CL choice so it will be a big PR mistake by RC that they will regret.

So will this be as big a PR mistake to them as when they eliminated CL access for D?:confused::rolleyes:

It is not a false promise as they clearly say how the programm can change or even be stopped at any given time.

As for the carrot on a stick, don´t forget it´s the monkey who goes for the carrot:eek:

Not greedy at all.

RC offers inducements to be loyal and should honour them or give an alternative if they can't deliver what they promise.

They eventually did offer an alternative... 3 free drinks in any bar.... kind of like take one small lounge away and gave you a dozen better ones.

So, the first 20 minutes you go visit a bar slam a drink go one to another, repeat. After 3 bars, and the exercise you will have acquired (call it a fitness bonus) then you show up at the DL and the early dinner folks will be getting up to head for chow... scoot into their now empty seats and there you go. Unlimited drinks in multiple bars and a seat to boot. Woohoo.:halo:

JC

Ok, speaking of the Royal espresso machine, what is difference between latte, cappuccino, and machiatto?

BTW, Bella loves puppachino from Starbucks

033b31bdb3dc6d304ce5568b542fd97e.jpg

Isn't the difference between the three all related to the ratios of milk and steam?

BTW, does Bella know that there is a Starbucks on Oasis/Allure?

Yours is a fair question. I'll attempt to answer.

First & foremost, I mention this via a message board. I would never express my displeasure w/ others in person in a case like this. I doubt others would either. Like myself, I imagine most would express their concerns direct to Royal.

Second, The competition. Many other cruise lines have installed multiple levels of privacy for their suite only cruisers. RCL is no different and is installing something similar.

Third. Not all of course, but many Suite Cruisers are 'new' cruisers to RCL or just new to cruising in general. All of the D & D+ cruisers are very cliquish in general as they all have a special bond of being loyal. Often there would be a clash.

Now can one or more D+ explain why they believe they should be in a Suite lounge when they aren't cruising in a suite?

I have no desire to frequent that Suites Lounge..none..nada..zip. Those chairs are uncomfortable anyway. Though I do enjoy CK. (And yes...sometimes we "clicqish" D's and D+ actually cruise in a full suite. :rolleyes:) On Oasis, you have a situation where they added many new Suites, much more than any of the older ships. It made perfect sense...more suites equals more suites pax needing an additional lounge to handle the higher numbers.

Also...being such a highly populated ship, there are also many more D's and D+ passengers. The DL and CL were already getting crowded. So what did RCI do with Oasis? They eliminated one of the lounges down from two to one, which is now just the DL.

If you were to bother reading this thread, you will see we are not asking to add a lounge, but to have kept the original lounges in place. Is that too much to ask??!!

The added (and needed) lounge is the SL.

I have no desire to frequent that Suites Lounge..none..nada..zip. Those chairs are uncomfortable anyway. Though I do enjoy CK. (And yes...sometimes we "clicqish" D's and D+ actually cruise in a full suite. :rolleyes:) On Oasis, you have a situation where they added many new Suites, much more than any of the older ships. It made perfect sense...more suites equals more suites pax needing an additional lounge to handle the higher numbers.

Also...being such a highly populated ship, there are also many more D's and D+ passengers. The DL and CL were already getting crowded. So what did RCI do with Oasis? They eliminated one of the lounges down from two to one, which is now just the DL.

If you were to bother reading this thread, you will see we are not asking to add a lounge, but to have kept the original lounges in place. Is that too much to ask??!!

The added (and needed) lounge is the SL.

So Island Lady, why do you need two Lounges? Just because you once had them?

Actually, we find the chairs in the SL to be quite comfortable. The PC we have meet and seem in the SL seemed to enjoy it. I guess they are snobs as well? John will have card access soon.

I do a latte with extra shot of espresso and about 6 of the raw sugars. [emoji2]

Boing..boing..boing...bouncing off the walls John?? ;p;p

I think that is the thing I miss the most on MJ...no lounge...no self serve Latte machine. :( And I didn't like the "pay for" option version.