Kid jumps from Princess deck railing into pool

jeffdal

Oh, man, this is wonderful! I haven’t visited this thread in a few days and you all have written SO MUCH great material for comment!

Where do I begin? Feral child—

A more apt definition: "(of a young person) behaving in a wildly undisciplined and antisocial way." ie a child who is acting up, out of control, no manners, no consideration for others, flouting rules, and generally making a nuisance of him/herself. A child that has never been taught boundaries or respect for other people or property.

Undisciplined and a general nuisance is way too mild to describe this. I see a wolverine, a hyena, a rabies-damaged brain in these brats. Is that feral enough? “Wild child” doesn’t do it.

And just one more--to rgmacm--your well-developed post is exactly correct and says everything that needs to be said. So with that, I won't add to the diatribe here.

Thanks to you all.;p

A 19 year old and a 10 year old without supervision at night? Give me a break. That's not parenting. I don't care what you say.

Sail on most ships in March & you'll see plenty of that.

Maybe not as apparent but still enough to disrupt the ship in some fashion.

A 19 year old and a 10 year old without supervision at night? Give me a break. That's not parenting. I don't care what you say.

10'year old I agree. But a 19 year old? Do you supervise married 19 year olds? Or 19 year olds driving cars.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A more apt definition: "(of a young person) behaving in a wildly undisciplined and antisocial way." ie a child who is acting up, out of control, no manners, no consideration for others, flouting rules, and generally making a nuisance of him/herself. A child that has never been taught boundaries or respect for other people or property.

What's a "snowflake"?

A "snowflake" is a person who lives in a Fantasy World. They receive Trophies for doing nothing.

They get patted on the head for accomplishing nothing. They major in themselves at the uni and

get a degree while they study in their quiet space. They are 18-27 and are unemployed living at

home without any job, but believe they will be a millionaire when they turn 30. That is a "snowflake"!

My brother has one, so that's how I know so much about them.

The only thing I don't like about cruises are the feral children and their awesome parents . But let's be honest, Princess does little to entertain children from 10 and up. I'm Sorry but some crappy Playstation 3's with no internet or local network and an air hockey table (unplugged and covered crap) doesn't really cut it. My point, the parents and children are to blame every time, I also don't think princess is suited to certain age groups.

10'year old I agree. But a 19 year old? Do you supervise married 19 year olds? Or 19 year olds driving cars.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the United Kingdom nineteen year olds driving cars are always supervised by an experienced driver until they have passed their driving test. The UK driving test is designed to examine someone's driving to ascertain whether they are responsible and safe to be allowed out on the roads alone. It is not a test to see if you are a good driver.

This guy should be banned from the roads immediately.

In respect of this guy being married I defer to any women on the forum who may wish point out the positive aspects of marrying him.

Regards John

A "snowflake" is a person who lives in a Fantasy World. They receive Trophies for doing nothing.

They get patted on the head for accomplishing nothing. They major in themselves at the uni and

get a degree while they study in their quiet space. They are 18-27 and are unemployed living at

home without any job, but believe they will be a millionaire when they turn 30. That is a "snowflake"!

I've heard the term used so much lately but never took the time to look up any definition thinking I knew all along what they were implying. I see it's definition has changed over the years but yours is much more appropriate for this point in time.

OMG,its gone over everyones head.I thought the yanks would get it.Free cruise on the Woolwich ferry for 1st correct answer,cheers,Brian.

Sorry it must be a Brit thing, speaking as an expat, it's not something I can remember coming across

Terry

In the United Kingdom nineteen year olds driving cars are always supervised by an experienced driver until they have passed their driving test. The UK driving test is designed to examine someone's driving to ascertain whether they are responsible and safe to be allowed out on the roads alone. It is not a test to see if you are a good driver.

Regards John

Off topic and I apologise....but is the above correct? Is this a new thing? I'm a Brit and haven't lived there for the better part of 20 years but don't recall this rule when I passed my test. Curious as to when the change happened??

The term "snowflake" was originally coined as a term to represent how people are unique and special individuals -- much like the common thinking that: no snowflake is exactly the same as another in its make-up or design. Often, it used to help children be able to find self-identity and to foster independent thinking vs. a peer collective that can potentially lead to narrow-mindedness and a 'follow the herd' mentality.

Somehow, insecure bullies (that often feel threatened by those that are different/think differently) took the term and bastardized it to represent something more akin to 'fragile, weak and/or thin-skinned'.

Edited by Skai

Interesting! It's not a term I've encountered here in Australia but it is apt.

Plenty of feral kids here though!

Somewhere there was a change from teaching kids independence while still having good manners, to a me-me-me first and to hell with anyone else attitude. Sad! :eek: :( :mad:

You hit the nail square on the head with this one.

I'm pretty sure I know what my dad and his generation (those that fought in WWII when they were 18 or so) would think of these "kids".
Hi,that was the point I was making in my jokey post.The US sent 19 year olds to war in Vietnam.