Murder on Emerald Princess

Aquahound

I know that watching lots of CSI makes me an expert, but feel reasonably sure the authorities arriving on crime scene took lots of their own but probably appreciated having photos from the immediate discovery. And security prob wanted some for any potential litigation from other parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Is this going to be a federal trial?

I think I read it was, because it happened in international waters or something like that.

And to the poster above, I think we're talking about the criminal trial, which is not something Princess has a say in. Settling has to do with civil trials and lawsuits.

• 3 months later...
We have family members onboard the Emerald and their cabin is two away from the scene. Apparently, there was a large group of family traveling together occupying several cabins. We talked to my brother in law a bit ago and he said it was horrible. People were screaming and running up and down the halls covered with blood trying to get help. My BIL and 4 other men were getting ready to storm the cabin, but then security showed up.

So terrible.....:-/ I don't want to know the cabin number, just the deck..The thought of staying in there I cannot contemplate..Booked on this ship in Dec.....

So terrible.....:-/ I don't want to know the cabin number, just the deck..The thought of staying in there I cannot contemplate..Booked on this ship in Dec.....

from memory..........a mini-suite, Dolphin....aft.........port side

We cruised on Emerald a few months after the sadness ....so I wanted to know.

Edited by land lover

Good grief, people, that happened over a year ago. Give it a rest!

Tom

It isn't over until he gets convicted. His trial starts May 20, 2019.

https://fox13now.com/2018/08/12/judge-sets-new-trial-date-in-cruise-ship-murder/

Did you know that a crew member sued Princess because he was forced to take pictures of the scene?

http://bernews.com/2018/02/crew-member-sues-following-murder-photos/

This isn't "gossip," it's news. News that affects people and ruined some vacations.

Whether still newsworthy or not, today's thread bump was completely pointless. Really is time to lock.

I disagree, the reason why I looked at is because I wanted to find out if he went to trail.

I was surprised what the request was, but don't view it as pointless, did remember the details so provided the information.

In recent months, seems...that so many threads are being pulled from the archives, that we have to check the dates and search for a current post before responding.

Fishy, I actually am pleased that some people remember this event. In today's 24-7 world, with news cycles getting shorter and shorter, I am pleased that Kristy Manzanares is not forgotten by the cruise community.

If she was murdered by her husband at home, I would never have heard about it, but because it was on a Princess ship, I heard, I mourned, I lit a candle for her soul, and sometimes, I remember.

The kids must be going through he!! as this drags on for another year.

from memory..........a mini-suite, Dolphin....aft.........port side

We cruised on Emerald a few months after the sadness ....so I wanted to know.

Thank you....I am not on that deck, I am glad I am not the only person who would want to know..But I just couldn't, well you know....I remember watching it sailing into Juneau harbour before I knew on PTZtv....So awful terrible....I don't know how the trial went I am in the UK..I will try and see somewhere....:-/...

It isn't over until he gets convicted. His trial starts May 20, 2019.

https://fox13now.com/2018/08/12/judge-sets-new-trial-date-in-cruise-ship-murder/

Did you know that a crew member sued Princess because he was forced to take pictures of the scene?

http://bernews.com/2018/02/crew-member-sues-following-murder-photos/

This isn't "gossip," it's news. News that affects people and ruined some vacations.

Thanks, elliair. I did not know that the trial does not start until May, 2019.

So sorry for the long delay.

Like others, I too have sailed on the Emerald, and I will do so again.

I disagree, the reason why I looked at is because I wanted to find out if he went to trail.

I was surprised what the request was, but don't view it as pointless, did remember the details so provided the information.

In recent months, seems...that so many threads are being pulled from the archives, that we have to check the dates and search for a current post before responding.

I also vote to keep this thread active. I want to know about the trial outcome and further details along the way. Thanks to everyone for providing information!

Darn, didn’t know this thread was still around.....:D:D:D

Bob

Only two ways this thread will die. If the mods lock it, or when the man gets a conviction. It's an ongoing case, why Google when anyone can come here and read for themselves and go to provided links. It will never be over for the family and my heart and prayers go out to them at this difficult time. Tragedies happen all the time on cruise ships, it doesn't prevent me from going. It's a floating city, always be ware oi your surroundings.

.............. Tragedies happen all the time on cruise ships, it doesn't prevent me from going. It's a floating city, always be ware oi your surroundings.

Right about being always aware of your surroundings. Also, don't sail with someone who has a feeling of animosity towards you. BTW, just something that I surmised from the story that was presented about the incident. Totally a tragic story for all involved.