Murder on Emerald Princess

dkjretired

Thats terrible, but how does this relate to Celebrity Cruises at all?

whatever will bewilder me

It doesn't relate to Celebrity, it's news that people on this board might find interesting. How about we take every post off the board where someone talks about another line. You know, someone asks if Celebrity has a laundry room and someone posts in answer HAL or whoever does. Give me a break...

My cousin is currently on an Alaska cruise on Princess (not sure which ship) so I am glad you posted this on the Celebrity Board!

The thread will drop to another page and it wont clutter the first pages of the these boards if you dont get responses...Keep that in mind people before giving Don a hard time! 😊

Many Celebrity cruisers cruise Princess as well and may be interested in this sad event. So what is wrong with posting here? Nothing. Those who complained went on further to read the posts on this thread...

A man has been charged with murdering his wife on the Emerald Princess during an Alaska cruises. FYI

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fbi-suspect-custody-cruise-ship-death-article-1.3361442

Thanks for posting this; definitely relevant and interesting. Condolences to the family. Ignore theriac- indisputably the biggest troll on Cruise Critic.

Thanks Don, I am yet to read a thread from you I have not found interest in. As cruisers from 'over the pond' we would often miss general cruise interest stories if CC did not alert us to them.

Thank you everyone, if this had been about an assault, I would not have posted. Homicides on cruise ships is so rare, I thought it would be of interest.

Celebrity cruisers are not in isolation and not so narrow we can't care and be interested in something this serious on another cruise line. This is very sad. Thank you for posting.

It has nothing to do with Celebrity but as you said it is something which is exceptional. There is absolutely nothing in Cruise Critic Guidelines which says everything on the Celebrity site has to be about Celebrity or any cruise site.

The Celebrity boards seem to be getting as bad as the RCCL boards. I wonder why?

I once posted an article on the George Smith case on the RCCL boards - which actually happened on an RCCL cruise - and I got flamed to high heaven. I guess you are not allowed to post anything negative about RCCL over there.

I was interested in this story and would not have seen it otherwise as I only view the Celebrity forum and roll calls. I don't believe anyone other than the official moderators has the right to censor comments or posts. The subject line was clear that it was not Celebrity. Those who are not interested can skip it and let the rest of us make our own decision as to whether or not we find it of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you everyone, if this had been about an assault, I would not have posted. Homicides on cruise ships is so rare, I thought it would be of interest.

It is of interest, or should be, to anyone who cruises..... I saw it on the National News last night and again in the NYC papers this morning....so why would it NOT be posted here...I feel sorry for the children who have lost both of their parents and have to spend the rest of their trip home without a parent to comfort them or take charge....it must be terrifying for them.

Don, thanks for posting this. The attitudes of the newer people on the Celebrity boards sometimes just drive me crazy. That is why I don't post too much anymore here. We are all here because we love cruising I thought. We might like Celebrity more than other cruise lines we are still interested in cruising.

Pat

Slightly OT - Not ALL of us who are newer on the Celebrity boards are anti-everything. I'm newer and about a year ago was actually scared off going on a Celebrity cruise by posters on here being so negative about the cruise line. I'm booked for Edge in Feb 2019 and am trying to avoid the negative threads as much as possible as I'm super excited about trying the new ship.

For the OP - thank you for posting!