Next Cruise reduced deposits gone after August 1st

I don't think I've met Jennifer. Hopefully she will be around in a few weeks when it's our turn on MJ.:)

Jennifer Sinde is excellent - a rising star!

I believe John was celebrating a close family member's birthday ;)

I'm thinking that they will be able to reduce the space needed for the Next Cruise area after August 1.

The last 2 weeks on the Liberty, the Next Cruise area was always empty and very few appointments in the appointment book. One of the agents told me they had already seen a large reduction in on board bookings and at the time the reduced deposit was still in effect!!

Can't believe RCCL just renovated and enlarged the Next Cruise areas on most of their ships and quadrupled the staff!! Probably figured out all the new staff was costing them too much money. The Next Cruise Agents must all be Officers since it is considered a step up from the Loyalty Ambassador position.

Carla

The last 2 weeks on the Liberty, the Next Cruise area was always empty and very few appointments in the appointment book. One of the agents told me they had already seen a large reduction in on board bookings and at the time the reduced deposit was still in effect!!

Can't believe RCCL just renovated and enlarged the Next Cruise areas on most of their ships and quadrupled the staff!! Probably figured out all the new staff was costing them too much money. The Next Cruise Agents must all be Officers since it is considered a step up from the Loyalty Ambassador position.

Carla

We were on Liberty in June, and the NC area was always empty. But summer is family cruising time. They probably aren't the ones who book a lot of cruises on board anyway.

Forget the reduced deposit.

Did anybody else notice they've ALSO reduced the OBC structure? (except now it included 4 nighters)

You beat me to it. I was just coming to post that. 5 nights used to get you $100 OBC:) Now we will have to wait and find out what happens if you change a 5 night booked on board that now has $100 OBC to a different date, I am guessing it will get reduced to $50?

Edited by molly361

You beat me to it. I was just coming to post that. 5 nights used to get you $100 OBC:) Now we will have to wait and find out what happens if you change a 5 night booked on board that now has $100 OBC to a different date, I am guessing it will get reduced to $50?

Unless you're booking non refundable, 6 months in advance or more, really not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do not think so!

RCI is such a little fish when you think who sells cruises in Europe!

Certainly NOT RCI!

The volume doesn't really matter - besides, most of the other lines have similar booking rules.

Biker, who thinks the lack of reduced deposits has negligible affect on overall bookings.

The only time I use "my cruise" is if a cruise I've already booked falls under my current price. I then run over and cancel/rebook to get the OBC and reduced price.

Has only happened twice....both times on TransAtlantics.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Don't think they have thought this through. Why book onboard now?

Some RCI ideas seem so strange.

I would look at developing and enhancing the programme to guarantee more business.

More cruises you book the better the deal.

RCI watch out for MSC, there comping soon with aggressive marketing and great deals

Don't think they have thought this through. Why book onboard now?

Some RCI ideas seem so strange.

I would look at developing and enhancing the programme to guarantee more business.

More cruises you book the better the deal.

RCI watch out for MSC, there comping soon with aggressive marketing and great deals

It's not unprecedented that they make a change in the Next Cruise and back off when they see the consequences.

Booked a cruise for next year on Harmony last week and did not get the reduced deposit. Did get the OBC. Now after reading this thread I understand. Disappointed in no reduced deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cannot see what the win is for RCI for stopping reduced deposits? Some deposit is better than no deposit ? Who runs the sales department? Are they from a sales background ?

RC has more of your money for a longer time, espically if people booked the next cruise on a whim not knowing if they were actually going or not. If you are putting the same money down, as on land, one would be more certainly that they are going than not. The $100 OBC for the booked cruise is now your "bonus". ;)

These actions will reduce the number of whim cruise bookers, who cancel their cruise before final payment. If the cabins do get turned in at least RC is able to hold and use the more substantial deposit money to their advantage up until that day.

As for the sales department I can't answer your questions directly. I will say that I have met some that are more polished than others.