How Many Cruises A Year Are Too Many??

I believe it is a matter of personal preference. We are becoming "empty nesters" in the fall and have taken up cruising again. We did a few before kids, took them on 3, and are now booking what we can afford. Two in college hurts some but this too shall pass. We actually have 3 booked within the next year - October 2017, April 2018 and September 2018. My husband and I still work but have always valued vacations. It is a toss up between visiting the Mouse (yes - Walt Disney World) and cruising. We went to Disney twice this year and have two trips booked next year as well.

I think the bottom line is do what feels right for you. Life changes on a dime, enjoy it and don't worry about what others think!

One year we took 5 in a 14 month period - way too much and will never do that again. My entire life was wrapped up with travel/packing/unpacking and was hectic. (But we did have a good time on the cruises.)

This year we really hadn't planned on taking any cruises, but we decided just a few weeks ago to take a 7 night to the Caribbean in August, where I'm sure we will end up roasting!

One year we took 5 in a 14 month period - way too much and will never do that again. My entire life was wrapped up with travel/packing/unpacking and was hectic. (But we did have a good time on the cruises.)

This year we really hadn't planned on taking any cruises, but we decided just a few weeks ago to take a 7 night to the Caribbean in August, where I'm sure we will end up roasting!

We have taken 5 in the last 15 months and are hoping to take another this fall, if I can find a good deal. I have not found it hectic at all. Planning for our May 2018 Alaska cruise is proving to be a challenge but lots of people are now posting reviews, so that is helping.

DirtyDawg' date='

We drive by home get the mail and do laundry-that is about it.

Charles and Connie[/quote']

That's us! We rarely spend more than a week at home at a time. If we're not cruising, we're at our mountain home or at one of our children's homes. We go and spend a few days with them every time we cruise. #lovinglife

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are never too many cruises in a year. We try to make one a month, but sometimes not during the summer. We average 10 a year I would guess, mostly 3 or 4 nights and then at least 2 or 3 7 night cruises. We never get tired of it.

WE LIVE TO CRUISE! THE MORE THE BETTER:hearteyes:

That's awesome for those that can cruise so much. For those that do mtiple a year, I take it you live within driving distance to the port. For us, it's often the flight that is the killer. We were in Allure in 2016 and have one booked in 2019 so not even close (but we have a different trip planned this year)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

First let me say.....we are retired, we love to cruise and we never book anything we can't pay for in full.

That being said....this year we cruised in January, March and are booked to cruise in November. Found a great deal on another one in October that hubby wants to book.:o:o.

I have always been the conservative one in the family and had to handle all the bills and save all the money. While I am very tempted, a part of me still wants to be that conservative one, even though it's not necessary anymore.

Anyone else start getting cold feet when you think you have booked "too many"......:confused::confused:

I would never book more than 52 7-night cruises in a year. More seriously, the only way I can imagine booking too many cruises if I booked more cruises than I could afford to pay for.

We started out with two a year then three and for the last couple of years four cruises. We are now trying to do a bucket list cruise every year so that might change the frequency. Traded in a cruise in July for a land based trip to Aruba. Hadn't been there (land based) since 2014 so wanted a very relaxed/no schedule vacation and got just that. We enjoyed it but paid way more money eating out for dinner every night.

All in all, glad we did it.

We just love cruising anywhere really. We hardly get off the ship in the Caribbean but enjoy the shows.

Never too many! Go book it.:D

And don't forget your August cruise. We are on the same ship!!!!! See you at the Meet and Mingle.

Yes!!! When I posted this I was totally forgetting about our cruise coming up in about 3 wks....:'):')

The price of the October cruise went up so I am holding off (for now)......:'):')

First let me say.....we are retired, we love to cruise and we never book anything we can't pay for in full.

That being said....this year we cruised in January, March and are booked to cruise in November. Found a great deal on another one in October that hubby wants to book.:o:o.

I have always been the conservative one in the family and had to handle all the bills and save all the money. While I am very tempted, a part of me still wants to be that conservative one, even though it's not necessary anymore.

Anyone else start getting cold feet when you think you have booked "too many"......:confused::confused:

If I could I would cruise 10 times a year ,I love to cruise.

We average 8 weeks per year usually 2 + weeks at a time. We go almost always based on where the best deals are with most of the cruises booked after final payment. To do this we are fairly frugal at home. I can't remember the last time we ate a meal out or went to the movies. We prefer to brown bag it and save for vacations. Of course family and friends think we go to often.

That's us! We rarely spend more than a week at home at a time. If we're not cruising, we're at our mountain home or at one of our children's homes. We go and spend a few days with them every time we cruise. #lovinglife

You are my kind of people.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

There are never too many cruises in a year. We try to make one a month, but sometimes not during the summer. We average 10 a year I would guess, mostly 3 or 4 nights and then at least 2 or 3 7 night cruises. We never get tired of it.

WE LIVE TO CRUISE! THE MORE THE BETTER:hearteyes:

I agree the shorter cruises make you hungry for more whereas on the longer cruises boredom and repetitiveness creep in.

That's awesome for those that can cruise so much. For those that do mtiple a year, I take it you live within driving distance to the port. For us, it's often the flight that is the killer. We were in Allure in 2016 and have one booked in 2019 so not even close (but we have a different trip planned this year)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

We have to fly for every cruise.

My girlfriend and I are, 28 and 32 respectively. We're on path of doing two a year. If you're retired and have to money to spend on cruising, go as much as you want.

Anyone else start getting cold feet when you think you have booked "too many"......:confused::confused:[/quote

Tomorrow is not promised. Go for it.

We have to fly for every cruise.

Us too so we usually do 14 days at a time (or 7 days b2b). But we mostly just look for the best deals. My husband's always looking for new, creative ways to piggyback cruises together and get incredible deals. There have been times he called our TA to book and the TA was shocked at the deals--then he would call other people to suggest those deals. Once the deal changed shortly after we booked (was too good I guess). It takes diligence to find them, but worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums