Looking for recommendations for a good back pack

Axxill

Looking for a good backpack for walking around ports of call. We plan on walking around st Thomas and San Juan on our next cruise and need a comfortable pack that will hold our personal items, camera and a towel or two. Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have one from North face, and I love it. It's my all round almost every day bag, and it's a great quality and very comfortable. I also love that they make some styles in a women's version … It seems ridiculous but they really do fit better. The shoulder straps are much more comfortable for women who have a medium or larger sized bust. It's worth a little bit of extra money in my opinion.

I have a very comfortable daypack that's made by Swiss Gear. The thing's about 20 years old, and it's looking like it's going to outlast me. Has lots of pockets and options for stowing things. The outside mesh water bottle holders could be bigger, but that's about the only downside I can find. I added a sternum strap, and that's a good thing to do if the pack you end up with doesn't have one. It keeps the pack from trying to sag down your back and distributes the load.

I bought the lightest backpack I could find at Target in 1996, nothing but nylon fabric, zippers, and padded shoulder straps. Assume it was for the school kid market. Works great as a day bag and weighs next to nothing empty. It has served me well for 21 years, used it again this weekend.

PacSafe is the only brand I use when I travel. No one can get into it, cut it, etc. they come in many sizes, styles, are light and comfortable.

I wouldn't hike or climb with it but best daypack for me when I travel.

We use inexpensive but very serviceable backpacks by Outdoor Products, sold at Walmart. Lightweight, plenty of pockets and comfortable to wear - and cheap.

We just don't like to flash brand names when we're walking around in port or on the beach - sorta like walking around wearing a Rolex or a Coach purse, but that's just us......

Do not spend a lot of money on a back pack to use two or three days on a cruise. Any inexpensive pack with wide shoulder straps will work and be just a comfortable as one you pay a fortune for, in fact it will likely be more comfortable. Also be careful what you put in it, keep your cameras in your hands.

Nobody can or should recommend a backpack for anyone else. Body shapes vary too much What you want to put into it varies too much. Backpacks vary from cheap $15 ones to really good expensive ones.

The last time I bought one, I spent several hours at REI figuring out exactly which one worked for me. When my wife bought her's, she bought a totally different style that I can not use but she likes it.

DON

Looking for a good backpack for walking around ports of call. We plan on walking around st Thomas and San Juan on our next cruise and need a comfortable pack that will hold our personal items, camera and a towel or two. Thank you in advance

Your needs may be different from ours, but a few years ago, for each of us, I bought packable daypacks. There are several different ones to choose from on Amazon. eBay is another possibility. Choose the one that has the features you need most (separate compartments, a mesh pocket for a water bottle, etc.). A packable daypack, when folded up, will take roughly the space of a couple of pairs of socks in your suitcase. I bought ours because I got tired of carrying a huge beach bag to the beach stuffed with beach towels, water bottles, sun block, etc. Now, whether it's a trip to the beach or some other excursion, we each carry our own stuff.