All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

Inquiry on the last day of the cruise for disembarkation, can anyone tell me what time you are to absolutely get out of the room by? I will be on the Greek Isles cruise and I believe we arrive at Rome at 5:30am. Also, does anyone know if they might do an early morning breakfast room delivery on the last morning?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

2 minutes ago, Jadeeelisa said:

Inquiry on the last day of the cruise for disembarkation, can anyone tell me what time you are to absolutely get out of the room by? I will be on the Greek Isles cruise and I believe we arrive at Rome at 5:30am. Also, does anyone know if they might do an early morning breakfast room delivery on the last morning?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Out of your room by 8:30am, off the ship by 9:30-10am.

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Out of your room by 8:30am, off the ship by 9:30-10am.

It was 8 am on our July cruise. All cabins had to be empty.  Time off finished by 09.30 am unless suites or the new, stay for longer scheme. 

I was on the ship 8/4/19-8/11/19.  Has anyone else been on the ship recently (say this summer) and experienced excess gas throughout the cruise.  My friend and I were burping almost hourly on the ship and even in the middle of the night!  I am not joking.  Another passenger in the elevator referred to the Jewel as the "fart ship."  This was my 8th cruise and have never experienced this "activity" before.  We spent three days in Rome post-cruise and did not experience any excess gas at all.  What the heck is up with the ship?

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

I was on the ship 8/4/19-8/11/19.  Has anyone else been on the ship recently (say this summer) and experienced excess gas throughout the cruise.  My friend and I were burping almost hourly on the ship and even in the middle of the night!  I am not joking.  Another passenger in the elevator referred to the Jewel as the "fart ship."  This was my 8th cruise and have never experienced this "activity" before.  We spent three days in Rome post-cruise and did not experience any excess gas at all.  What the heck is up with the ship?

Our group of 12 sailed on JOTS earlier this summer...5/29-6/7...no problems that I've heard of.  

2 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

TMI! Sounds like a personal problem. 😜

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:11 AM, Host Clarea said:

Yes, but dress suggestions are hardly enforced anymore.

On our sailing on July 7-14, it was referred to as "Wear your Best".    Say goodbye to Formal Night and hello to Wear Your Best.   it's time to shine - your way.

6 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

For those of you that have cruised recently, did you dock or tender in Mykonos? 

That varies - depends on other ships and timing of arrival. There'a pier, but you may or not dock (only enough for one ship).

Hello!

First cruise coming up in a few weeks on the Jewel and have a question please - what snacks do the Solarium do?

We are travelling with family, including our 85 year old grandmother and thought that might be a good option for lunch on embarkation day?

Also, can you just turn up at the MDR for breakfast and lunch or do you need to book once on board?

3 minutes ago, misslottie said:

Hello!

First cruise coming up in a few weeks on the Jewel and have a question please - what snacks do the Solarium do?

We are travelling with family, including our 85 year old grandmother and thought that might be a good option for lunch on embarkation day?

Also, can you just turn up at the MDR for breakfast and lunch or do you need to book once on board?

Just show up at the MDR for breakfast and lunch .

Edited by FLACRUISER99
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, misslottie said:

First cruise coming up in a few weeks on the Jewel and have a question please - what snacks do the Solarium do?...

Small sandwiches, breakfast wraps and sanwiches, pizza slices, fruit cups, desserts, etc.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Small sandwiches, breakfast wraps and sanwiches, pizza slices, fruit cups, desserts, etc.

Thank you. I’ve read how busy the buffet can be at lunch on first day and I thought that might be a little calmer for her.

4 minutes ago, misslottie said:

Thank you. I’ve read how busy the buffet can be at lunch on first day and I thought that might be a little calmer for her.

True, and unfortunately, that is the only alternative to the buffet for boarding day lunch on Jewel.

There is a lunch on embarkation day at Chops (limited hours) that you can purchase online in your cruise planner, or for people who purchase the Key.  When I purchased it for our late September cruise, many of the time slots were already full. I doubt that there will be many walk-up openings.

5 minutes ago, Truluv said:

There is a lunch on embarkation day at Chops (limited hours) that you can purchase online in your cruise planner, or for people who purchase the Key.  When I purchased it for our late September cruise, many of the time slots were already full. I doubt that there will be many walk-up openings.

Thanks!  😊