MDR Menus - How Early Can These Be Obtained?

JennaS90

My Partner and I are massive foodies! :)

We are wondering if it is possible to ask for MDR menus for all nights when we board Reflection on 21 Aug so that we can pick our Speciality Restaurant nights and book accordingly?

You can ask the Restaurant Hostess if she has menus, but as said they may vary according to your cruise and there food supplies. They often change the normal menu order. You can always ask your waiter to see the menu for the next day. I do wish that they would place the menus for the cruise on the Interactive TV as it would make it much easier to decide on Specialty restaurants or going to the Buffet. Guess they don't want people complaining that what was on the TV was not accurate when the Chef makes a change in plans.

Agreed.

If you are looking for more than one day out, the menus likely won't be available, or, if they have them, tell you they may be changed.

Nothing is locked in stone at the beginning of a cruise. They may, as mentioned, shuffle around days. They may (and do) add or eliminate items based on availability.

Just go with the flow. Never really had anything on a Celebrity ship that would drive a "foodie" agog save perhaps the Beef Cheeks or the Pork and Beans.

Agreed.

If you are looking for more than one day out, the menus likely won't be available, or, if they have them, tell you they may be changed.

Nothing is locked in stone at the beginning of a cruise. They may, as mentioned, shuffle around days. They may (and do) add or eliminate items based on availability.

Just go with the flow. Never really had anything on a Celebrity ship that would drive a "foodie" agog save perhaps the Beef Cheeks or the Pork and Beans.

Thanks to all for the input.

We aren't worried about any food driving us agog but we'd rather pick a Speciality night if the MDR menu isn't to our taste and likewise don't want to miss out certain key dishes from MDR.

We were impressed with Speciality dining last Sept, MDR was hit or miss with quite a few duff meals, so I reckon we will do Speciality more often than not.

We had day 1 to 7 menus on the interactive tv for our 12 night Silhouette cruise just past. Then the last couple of days. The first 7 days was not entirely accurate (some days were indeed swapped, some dishes differed ) but it did give an idea. Definitely worth checking out!

I know they have copies for the maitre'd and his assistants. On our last cruise on the Millennium to help deal with DW's food allergies our assistant maitre'd brought a copy of the next day's menu to our table to make sure there were things she could eat and enjoy. They do make changes from time to time due to supplier shortages, especially in the more remote areas they sail too. I am sure if you ask to see the week's menus so you can plan your other specialty dining they will be glad to pull them out.

Someone in our group would usually get them in the morning. About 7 of the 10 days, but the time dinner came, something on the menu had changed. I don't think you can guarantee they won't make changes, although it wouldn't be massive changes.

If this is really important to you, ask the Maître d' at the beginning of the cruise if he/she can obtain them for you. As said, they may be tweaked but should give you a general idea. You can expect fancier/better food options on Elegant Chic nights as a general rule.

We asked our waiter to look at the upcoming menus to help us plan the nights we wished to go to speciality restaurants ( avoiding certain nights where we knew from experience we didn't care for the choices) and were given copies of all 12 MDR menus to keep.

I have all the MDR menus for the cruises we have taken on our website, that is linked to in my signature. The days can get mixed up sometimes; but I would bet big money that the first day is always the same with prime rib. It has been on all of our 22 Celebrity cruises.

I have all the MDR menus for the cruises we have taken on our website, that is linked to in my signature. The days can get mixed up sometimes; but I would bet big money that the first day is always the same with prime rib. It has been on all of our 22 Celebrity cruises.

Excellent site! Thank you

We have sailed many times with Celebrity, 1st night is always home style pork chop and my fav the prime rib! We often ask for the menu for the following night to look at after dinner. Dianne:)

Your website is my go-to place for pictures of every menu, plus great pictures of every port and ship you visit. Your thoroughness is appreciated.

Your website is my go-to place for pictures of every menu, plus great pictures of every port and ship you visit. Your thoroughness is appreciated.

Thanks so much. I am so glad it has helped you. We were in Calgary, Banff and Jasper in June and just fell in love with your part of the world. It is an amazing place. I am so glad that we finally got to experience it.

I read that! I laughed at your search for a bear sighting. We had relatives from Denmark and that was all they wanted to see. On that trip, none could be found. On all our previous and past trips, they were everywhere! You'll have to return when it's not the 150th anniversary, not nearly the crowds in the parks.

I read that! I laughed at your search for a bear sighting. We had relatives from Denmark and that was all they wanted to see. On that trip, none could be found. On all our previous and past trips, they were everywhere! You'll have to return when it's not the 150th anniversary, not nearly the crowds in the parks.

We will come back; we love the place! But it was nice not to have any entrance fees for the parks this year:D.

• 2 weeks later...