Oasis vs Harmony

We are looking at booking either of these ships. Cruise is about $100 less for harmony but it is a 3.5 hour drive where Oasis would be 1 hour. We have done the Allure when she was about 6 months old so we are familiar with the layout of this class of ships. Would you say one is better than the other or does harmony make it worth the 3.5 drive? The price would end up being the same after paying for parking in Ft lauderdale.

yes I did see that. We will be going with our 3 year old so probably won't be spending much time in there unfortunately :(

If you do Harmony, be aware that the slides (other then the diaper area) in splashaway bay are only for kids 42 inches or taller. My 4 year old was just a little short. The bigger slides are 48 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you do Harmony, be aware that the slides (other then the diaper area) in splashaway bay are only for kids 42 inches or taller. My 4 year old was just a little short. The bigger slides are 48 inches.

That is very good to know. I didn't think she would go on them since she hasn't mastered the whole, hold your breath and don't drink the water thing ;) Are adults allowed to take them down or not?

That is very good to know. I didn't think she would go on them since she hasn't mastered the whole, hold your breath and don't drink the water thing ;) Are adults allowed to take them down or not?

Nope, they were pretty strict that if the kids weren't 42 inches tall they couldn't do any slides in Splashaway Bay except for the small ones where swim diapers are allowed.

Also on the band wagon to choose Oasis. 3.5 hours versus one hour, no brainer there plus the traffic in Ft. Lauderdale is horrible, especially getting around the airport to the port. Drivers are nuts!! :o

Vacations are for relaxing...Port Canaveral is a relaxing port to use in comparison. :)

The difference of the two ships is not enough to choose one over the other either IMHO.

The price difference is negligible, ships are similar. Being an hour from Port Canaveral too I would consider the drive down south a deal breaker.

I'm about to drive 14 hours for 4 days on Majesty, so it would be less of a deal breaker for me ;) If I was in the OP's shoes, or car seat, I would probably not want to see CATS ;p

Ok, I'll bite.... what are bad welds? :confused:

There's poster on CC who takes every opportunity to bash Harmony, including the state of the welds on her hull (because of where she was built), hence the mention of welds as an inside joke.

There's poster on CC who takes every opportunity to bash Harmony, including the state of the welds on her hull (because of where she was built), hence the mention of welds as an inside joke.

I figured....but was curious enough to ask.

Taking the toddler in consideration, I would pick the shortest drive. Sure, it may seem like only a three and a half hour drive, but depending on their mood, it could feel like a six hour drive.

I think there are some posters who lost track of who brought up the bad welds!:rolleyes:

I am very certain it was someone living in the rust- belt and who is doing welds for a living - I am very sure he knew what he was talking about!(y);p

"the because where she was build part" was then added by these same posters that like to belittle others - to add a nationalist twist to it....and to justify their belittlement of others!

It is always the same crowd that uses that technique....

Anyway Oasis and Allure were build with some quality in mind - while Harmony was build as cheap as possible.

Lots of materials used on Harmony are just cheap and flimsy in comparison - example plastic foil instead of glass for the roofing of the Solarium and the hot tubs - that cheap foil flaps and makes bad noises in the wind - the hot tubs on the other ships have nice glass domes that will let you see the sky - the white cheap foil used on Harmony will not....just little things like that you will notice and add up....

Also service on Harmony seems to be a lot worse then on other ships...

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

Choose the Harmony! I have been on both and with the Harmony being so new, everything is beautiful and the service is excellent. I had one of my best cruises ever this year on Harmony. Definitely worth the drive. Oasis is older and starting to show its wear and tear.

Well, we sailed Harmony in November and Oasis this May. First time on both ships and I have got to say that of the two, Harmony was much better than Oasis. The drive really isn't that much of a deal breaker for me, besides you would be on the newer ship. I reviewed both my trips (Harmony was a live review) and you can find them in my signature.

So glad that I had done Harmony, because if I had done Oasis first, I would have never tried Harmony because I would have been "put off" from that class. For us, the Solarium was much better on Harmony that Oasis, even though it doesn't have a "pool" that people are so enamored with.

I think there are some posters who lost track of who brought up the bad welds!:rolleyes:

I am very certain it was someone living in the rust- belt and who is doing welds for a living - I am very sure he knew what he was talking about!(y);p

"the because where she was build part" was then added by these same posters that like to belittle others - to add a nationalist twist to it....and to justify their belittlement of others!

It is always the same crowd that uses that technique....

Anyway Oasis and Allure were build with some quality in mind - while Harmony was build as cheap as possible.

Lots of materials used on Harmony are just cheap and flimsy in comparison - example plastic foil instead of glass for the roofing of the Solarium and the hot tubs - that cheap foil flaps and makes bad noises in the wind - the hot tubs on the other ships have nice glass domes that will let you see the sky - the white cheap foil used on Harmony will not....just little things like that you will notice and add up....

Also service on Harmony seems to be a lot worse then on other ships...

I'm not sure you were actually on the Harmony. The service on the Harmony was much superior than that on the Oasis...first and foremost. And we never saw anything remotely "cheap" looking or "flimsy" on Harmony.