Worst RCCL Ship

I am just looking for opinions on the least desirable ship on the RCCL'S. I see a couple of itineraries that interest me, but do not want to commit to it yet...because I don't know a lot about the ship. (I don't want to name the ship because I want to see what everyone says) I hope this makes sense.

I would say more people don't like the smallest ships in the fleet with the short intineries because they attract weekend booze cruise goers.

But

RCCL is a smart company and they have a cruise ship for just about every type of cruiser. So if you surveyed everyone that cruises, I'd be willing to bet that you'll see that there is no ship that is universally disliked.

Instead of saying worst ship period, you should ask what the worst ship is for a specific travel expectation/ want.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree that their ships are well maintained. (have never been on one that is not) and yes, perhaps I should have phrased my question differently....but I recall a few people making statements about how they would never sail "this ship again". (reliable people here on CC).

Yes, I agree that their ships are well maintained. (have never been on one that is not) and yes, perhaps I should have phrased my question differently....but I recall a few people making statements about how they would never sail "this ship again". (reliable people here on CC).

In our case...the answer is all of them have been great.

That said...it's really difficult to answer the question in the proper context. If someone happened to have a negative experience at a port, with a staff member, a flight to the ship, a taxi ride...or anything else that is loosely associated to a specific cruise on a specific ship on a specific date...that likely has a miniscule representation of the ship itself.

As other have pointed out...RCI does a pretty good job of maintaining their ships, so the negative postings one sees from time to time typically represents venting tied to a specific negative experience.

We'd go on any of the ships we've sailed before, and in fact...have sailed several multiple times.

Yikes! Thank you...and please don't take this the wrong way. I know all of this. I was really looking for specific answers. Maybe I should phrase it differently.

If you had to choose ONE ship to put on the bottom of your list in the RCCL fleet, which one would it be?

Every time I read a 'never again' comment there are multiple responses from people that have a completely opposite opinion. We're at 33 cruises with 22 on Royal. If we took the 'never agains' with a grain of salt, we probably wouldn't be cruising.

I personally think youre going to find that folks that have sailed on RCCL are generally happy with their experiences, especially those who have sailed enough to experience multiple ships. That said, I prefer the smaller ships as the service, the experience, and in general the ambience offer a more personal experience. I would disagree that the smaller ships attract more of a booze cruiser as previously stated. They do however seem to attract more of a mature clientele, as he larger floating cities cater more to families with younger kids.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wouldn't rank any ship as "worst", but my preferences are the larger ships. As other people said, they are all well maintained and look excellent, and any cruise is better than no cruise.

I am just looking for opinions on the least desirable ship on the RCCL'S. I see a couple of itineraries that interest me, but do not want to commit to it yet...because I don't know a lot about the ship. (I don't want to name the ship because I want to see what everyone says) I hope this makes sense.
It makes zero sense....:rolleyes:

Yikes! Thank you...and please don't take this the wrong way. I know all of this. I was really looking for specific answers. Maybe I should phrase it differently.

If you had to choose ONE ship to put on the bottom of your list in the RCCL fleet, which one would it be?

You are STILL asking the wrong question. What you need to do is set up your parameters first. Decide when & where you are going. Then for how long. Then what type of cabin you're looking for. Then see what ships are sailing those parameters you chose. THEN you can ask for opinions. Your question is too open ended to be of any use. Someone can say they don't like the Empress, others won't sail on the Anthem if it was free. But those are ships on either end of the spectrum. You need to be more SPECIFIC.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I would say more people don't like the smallest ships in the fleet with the short intineries because they attract weekend booze cruise goers.

But

RCCL is a smart company and they have a cruise ship for just about every type of cruiser. So if you surveyed everyone that cruises, I'd be willing to bet that you'll see that there is no ship that is universally disliked.

Instead of saying worst ship period, you should ask what the worst ship is for a specific travel expectation/ want.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Try again. Just back from Empress to Havana out of Tampa. Four days. Little "booze." Lots of families. Small cabin, good crew. Decent food.

Royal Caribbean has 25 ships in their fleet. If you specify any one of them, you will find people that say it is the worst ship in the fleet and others that say it is the best ship in the fleet. You seem to torn between two specific ships and/or itineraries. Why don't name them and let us give you our opinions on the two of them? As others have mentioned, RCI does a great job of maintaining their ships. I don't think you will be disappointed in any one of the ships, however, the overall experience (which includes departure port, the ship, the crew, the ports of call etc.) may not be what you expected. Tell us what you want to know and we'll be better able to answer your question.

Another comment about your vagueness. You asked for the worst RCCL ship. RCCL is Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited. They own Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity, Azamara, and Pullmantur. So, if you're asking us to name the worst RCCL ship, we'd have to consider the other companies in addition to RCI.

The problem with your question is what one person likes doesn't mean another likes it or rates that as highly.

We have sailed one ship, that whilst by no means awful, we didn't feel the love and changed our upcoming cruises booked on her to other ships. That being said we were sailing that ship for convenience not the itinerary. If it was sailing an itinerary we really wanted to do then yes we would go back on her.

When sailing for an itinerary there have been several times that the itinerary we wanted to do is limited to either one ship or in some cases we have only been able to do on different lines. It's always worked out fine. Does that mean we were bowled over by the other lines - not in all cases, but did it make them awful cruises - not in the slightest.

IMHO there are two types of cruises. You go for the ship or you go for the itinerary. We know that what we regard the best ship is not always going to do the best itinerary. It's give and take. If there is somewhere that you want to go then go. If you don't go with a negative attitude about the ship you will be fine!

Been on 3 Royal ships. Enjoyed each one. All in the last 20 months. Vision (8 or 9 night eastern Caribbean), Radiance (Alaska cruise with land tour), and most recent Oasis (Caribbean). I would go on any of them again. But if the itinerary is what we are looking for, we would probably do a different ship just to see how they are and see different entertainment, etc. I trust RCCL.

With all due respect, the original question is not fair. We all agree that RCI offers many options regarding size, amenities, price ranges, and options for itineraries. It stands to reason that, for the most part, the smaller and older ships in the fleet will be relegated to the shorter itineraries. There are so many options, that by the time you factor in individual tastes and preferences, there really is no "right answer."

I have sailed on just about every class of ships in RCI's fleet, and while I prefer some more than others, there were none that were bad. Granted the older ships had some quirks that we had to deal with, but nothing that I would consider a deal-breaker.

Pick the itinerary you want to do, look at the ship that's being offered for that sailing, and decide for yourself if you want to do it. Don't go by other peoples' opinions. If it's a ship you weren't previously familiar with, you might surprise yourself and find that it is a great experience. And something different that what you are used to.

Have a great cruise!

If I had to pick one ship, just based on the ship and the ship amenities, I would say that for me the least desirable ship would be the Majesty of the Seas.

My comment is based on very small cabins, no balcony cabins ( just suites) lack of specialty restaurants, and fewer dining options.

Sometimes a ship with fewer amenities may make up for it with terrific staff and crew.

Enjoy

M

If I had to pick 1 it would be Majesty of the Seas. To me, it was just too small of a ship. I could feel the rocking and the cabins are small (at least the 1 we had). Another thing I didn't like was it did not have a Promenade. It was much more of what I would call a "booze cruise". But, in all fairness we went at the beginning of March. I personally prefer the Freedom class of ships best.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The question is really impossible to answer because everyone cruises for their own reasons and looks for different things in a ship. The amenities of a ship that I enjoy may mean nothing to someone else and what someone else looks for in a ship may mean nothing to me.

What I can say is that the different classes of RCI ships provide different cruise experiences and it is wise to do bit of research prior to booking a ship.

Really, same answer. None.

There are starting ports that I would not want to sail out of- which is a shame because one of our favorite ships is currently in Galveston.

But RCI is pretty good about matching the ship to the itinerary, so we've not found a ship we would never go back to.

We did not enjoy our cruise on Monarch because we booked an oceanview cabin. The ship was ok. We are booked on sister ship Majesty but in a junior suite as we only sail balcony or better.

The dirtiest ship we have ever sailed was Enchantment. I do believe that after discussing the cleanliness of the ship with Officer in charge, the ship was cleaned up.

We personally prefer the ships which accomodate about 2,000 to 3,000 cruisers and have a variety of specialty restaurants to choose from.