Rci app

1 minute ago, soremekun said:

Quantum of the Seas is now available via the new app.

Thanks for the update, I believe that is the first Quantum class ship to get the new app.

It's new to me but if you select a ship and date when it will be at Cococay, there are some new features.

Under "Explore the port", you'll find:

-"Top Things to Do" - information about the attractions

-Map

-Excursions - info and booking 

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

Quantum of the Seas is now available via the new app.

I assume you saw this in Android as I don’t see it in iOS. Or, they listed it by mistake. 

Edited by Biker19

On 4/28/2019 at 2:14 PM, klfrodo said:

Question about the chat feature.

Does the App give notifications if the app is not open.

Like texting on my phone, if my wife wants to reach me, she can send a text and my phone will let me know with a notification that I have a text message.

So,,, does the Royal App notify you that you have a message? Or,,, do you need to have the app open to see a message?

We got off the Harmony a week ago and the chat feature does give push notifications. It worked well for most of us, most of the time. The two in our group that actually paid for internet had the most issues for some reason. But it was really handy to have since we had a group of 10 and we were totally fine with not purchasing the wifi!

We were on the 17 day Vision Transatlantic crossing  that left Galveston April 19th, and the app was useless to most of us.. it just did not work!  For example, we could not access our account and since Vision is an older ship, the account info was not available on TV.  If you wanted to double check your account, you had to go to Guest Services for a printout.  Some days we could pull up a few of the activities from the Cruise Planner but it was not consistent.  Most of us deleted the app and relied on the paper Cruise Compass for onboard activities.  Hope others have better luck than we did. 

2 hours ago, hancogran said:

We were on the 17 day Vision Transatlantic crossing  that left Galveston April 19th, and the app was useless to most of us.. it just did not work!  For example, we could not access our account and since Vision is an older ship, the account info was not available on TV.  

Not all features are enabled on all ships which have the app - most don't have the chat features enabled and some, like Vision, don't have the account viewing feature enabled.

Just now, noitsnotatuba said:

The new update supposedly shows The Key on your Set Sail pass but it isn’t showing on mine. 🤷‍♀️

Some features are only enabled on some ships - I think Key is one of those. 

One new feature with the app. It dropped us from Diamond to pre gold with zero points, and it lists only one of our booked excursions. 

Thankfully it is correct on the web site.  Maybe it will get straightened out closer to sailing. 

35 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It dropped us from Diamond to pre gold with zero points, and it lists only one of our booked excursions. 

Log out and then back in a few times (in the app) - that may fix it as well.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

One new feature with the app. It dropped us from Diamond to pre gold with zero points, and it lists only one of our booked excursions. 

Thankfully it is correct on the web site.  Maybe it will get straightened out closer to sailing. 

Is the refresh button in the app when you aren't on the ship or is it only available on ship?  None of my sailings are soon enough to see it in the app currently.  Using the refresh button on the ship was very helpful.  Maybe that would help you.