re meat pies

16 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And a killer python removed one of my crowns on the first day of our South Australia trip two years ago. Luckily I wasn't driving at the time.

Have not sighted them for sometime, are they still about??

17 minutes ago, beatleman said:

Have not sighted them for sometime, are they still about??

They were in Coles or Woollies a year ago but I haven't noticed if they are still there.Ā  We only buy them when we're doing long distance road travel - they are ideal for munching on when driving because of the size, and give that little sugar hit when needed.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They were in Coles or Woollies a year ago but I haven't noticed if they are still there.Ā  We only buy them when we're doing long distance road travel - they are ideal for munching on when driving because of the size, and give that little sugar hit when needed.Ā 

I Don't know them. Ā Could one of the clever people attach a photo?

22 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

thank you Ā I thought it was a tongue in cheek name, not a real name. Ā We have dainty snakes, not kiler pythons!

Some big pythons in NQ and NT, they can strangle you. People keep them as pets my Vet Grandaughter had a job on a big sick pet python šŸ on a property in Townsville. Whacked antibiotics into it. All good, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

Definitely pie weather!Ā 

Ā 

We had pies for lunch today too. We had some from our local bakery in the freezer. In the past they've been really good even after being frozen but the ones we had today seemed to have a layer of oil floating on top of the meat. Not nice! I guess we'll have to find a new source of pies.Ā 

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Definitely pie weather!Ā 

Ā 

We had pies for lunch today too. We had some from our local bakery in the freezer. In the past they've been really good even after being frozen but the ones we had today seemed to have a layer of oil floating on top of the meat. Not nice! I guess we'll have to find a new source of pies.Ā 

For frozen pies, the aldi elmsbury pies are ery good.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

For frozen pies, the aldi elmsbury pies are ery good.

Yes, we've tried a couple of different ones from that range. Must get some more.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

Not a meat pie

Ā 

But a baked vegetable pie, not bad, not a case of Iā€™d go out of my way to get one, but will probably have one from time to t8me if I am nearby, nice mornay type sauc3 and topping, a bit of zing to it too.

IMG_1028.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Not a bad looking pie Mr. Gut, I'm guessing Mrs. Gut would appreciate it.

She enjoyed it, so did I, (but I also ha$ a chunky beef) she considered a Red Lentil Pie.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

It looks like what we called a Mexican pie.

Ā 

the filling of spiced meat, beans, unidentified filling, cheese over the top, etc.

Ā 

The filling was roast vegetables in a mornay like sauce, browned on the top.

Ā 

I have had a Mexican Pie, but not a big fan of beans.

4 hours ago, Jean C said:

Wish we had really good pies in NZ, most of ours are cheap (or not so cheap) and cheerful šŸ„§ šŸ™

Hello, what about the NZ favourite, a Dads Pie, Lemb and vegtible of course with Watties Tomato Sauce. Jubbly. With a Watties ice cream from the Dairy.Wattie-s-Tomato-Sauce-Ice-Cream_listingimage.jpg.579c421f9abaa7f921b3745e25126fa7.jpg

lamb-and-roast-vegetable.png.8021396209cb12713c98404496a44058.png

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1