re meat pies

Same story as Uncle Les.ย  Wife passed away and in less than 48hrs Centrelink emailed me to say my Pension and health cards were gone.ย  Thanks to Uncle Les I knew what to do when they when they cancelled my Opal card. Life goes on just not as sweet.

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Great you enjoyed it, sounds a winner, would you regard it as Asian Fusion cuisine?

More Modern Pan-Asian in that it doesn't highlight one particular Asian cuisine. It's certainly the most interesting of the new restaurants so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dillpickle48 said:

Same story as Uncle Les.ย  Wife passed away and in less than 48hrs Centrelink emailed me to say my Pension and health cards were gone.ย  Thanks to Uncle Les I knew what to do when they when they cancelled my Opal card. Life goes on just not as sweet.

Yes they have no mercy, i paid for my state super pension over 36 yrs, no lumpย sum, 75% of my final salaryย rate, indexed, no cpi riseย this year mate, at least no tax payable. But i have beenย drawing it since 2003, lucky to retire @ 55.ย Life goes on, not starving, yet. Hope you are not going too badly after your loss, its tough.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Iโ€™mย currently having a Wynnโ€™s Cabernet Sauvignon called โ€œThe Gablesโ€ very nice and only available at the cellar doorย 

Great drop. It used to bear a black colored label.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

More Modern Pan-Asian in that it doesn't highlight one particular Asian cuisine. It's certainly the most interesting of the new restaurants so far.

My son is going nuts over sugarlane, when i am up there next, i will give it a go, suppose i will have to pay theย ย jack and jill for the mob. Aaagh

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

My son is going nuts over sugarlane, when i am up there next, i will give it a go, suppose i will have to pay theย ย jack and jill for the mob. Aaagh

I really like that style of food and the quality is excellent. I was very impressed over how they handled my coriander intolerance. My only complaint is that they only open for lunch on three days, Friday to Sunday.ย 

ย 

The other two restaurants next to Sugarlane have interesting dinner menus but not so interesting lunch menus. Bummer as we tend to eat out more at lunchtime these days.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I really like that style of food and the quality is excellent. I was very impressed over how they handled my coriander intolerance. My only complaint is that they only open for lunch on three days, Friday to Sunday.ย 

ย 

The other two restaurants next to Sugarlane have interesting dinner menus but not so interesting lunch menus. Bummer as we tend to eat out more at lunchtime these days.

The Canopy development certainly appears a winner, a plethora of fine dining in Lane Cove Village now. Enjoy.

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The Canopy development certainly appears a winner, a plethora of fine dining in Lane Cove Village now. Enjoy.

Bit of a change from meat pies....

ย 

201009_Sugarlane_65.jpg

201009_Sugarlane_7.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

ย 

Do you know how they picked the name Sugar Lane. ย Strange but it reminds me of sugar cane and Qld.
ย 

11 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Do you know how they picked the name Sugar Lane. ย Strange but it reminds me of sugar cane and Qld.
ย 

They also own a restaurant called Sugarcane in Coogee. So for the Lane Cove name they just changed "cane" to "lane".

35 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Bit of a change from meat pies....

ย 

201009_Sugarlane_65.jpg

201009_Sugarlane_7.jpg

The dish top left, with the lemon segment on it, is the crispy chicken dish that we tried. It was soooo good. We didn't try any of the others in that photo - it's hard to try everything in one visit when there is only two dining, it's going to take several visits. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜Š

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The dish top left, with the lemon segment on it, is the crispy chicken dish that we tried. It was soooo good. We didn't try any of the others in that photo - it's hard to try everything in one visit when there is only two dining, it's going to take several visits. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜Š

Good reason for more visits to try them all. ย 

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They also own a restaurant called Sugarcane in Coogee. So for the Lane Cove name they just changed "cane" to "lane".

That is funny. ย Some things automatically remind me of Queensland, without thinking, like the smells of Hawaii when Iย get off the plane. ย 

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Cooler today, so I'm making Irish Stew, chopping vegs. whilst watching the outcome of the US President election. ย 

Yum, put the leftovers in a pie case tomorrow and we are back on topic.

ย 

the main reason I got a pie maker was to use leftover stews and the like. Later in the week I am making (maybe) sweet and sour and will see how the leftover goes in a pie, Iโ€™m not to sure how it will go, but you only live twice.

20 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

ย 

the main reason I got a pie maker was to use leftover stews and the like. Later in the week I am making (maybe) sweet and sour and will see how the leftover goes in a pie, Iโ€™m not to sure how it will go, but you only live twice.

I don't have a pie maker, however, I rarely have left overs that don't get eaten. ย Stew is even better the second day. ย 

Sweet and sour what?

On 11/7/2020 at 12:31 PM, Blackduck59 said:

Definitely looks like a place for us to visit when we get down there. This is in Sydney? maybe we can get a group together.

It's 10 minutes or so from the Sydney CBD, over the harbour bridge. Not the easiest to get to by public transport, despite how close we are. Plenty of free parking though.

26 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

ย 

If it tastes good on it's own it will taste good encased in pastry. ๐Ÿ˜Š

So here you go you CC cake eaters and doughnut lovers....from one of my favourite cafes...Gundary Store @ Moruya, NSW. They produce the goods fromย their bakery in Bodalla. They did the afternoon tea following my wife's funeral in May. All items approved by Light n Easy, Weight Watchers etc,lol.

ย 

124335452_691112438187089_7412323904693692890_o.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Uncle Les I wouldn't want to doubt your claims of approvals by these organizations butย ๐Ÿคจ. I would however suggest that this particular selection would be certified as most tasty by our group of food experts.๐Ÿ˜

They sell pies as well Lyle, you would be pleased to know that.

ย 

th.jpg

Edited by NSWP