re meat pies

12 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I really can't think of anything that would make a Cadbury "Cream Egg" edible. We have several different Cadbury "eggs" available, some like the Caramilk are quite good in my opinion. The "Cream Egg"...not so much.

Only 9 months to Easter, Lyle, the Easter Eggs and Hot Cross buns will be in the supermarkets soon, lol.

I hope Aldi get some good products in for Oktoberfest, they normally do, around September. Do you have Aldi in Canada, Lyle?

Edited by NSWP

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Only 9 months to Easter, Lyle, the Easter Eggs and Hot Cross buns will be in the supermarkets soon, lol.

I hope Aldi get some good products in for Oktoberfest, they normally do, around September. Do you have Aldi in Canada, Lyle?

I was in a supermarket the other day. I did spy some spicey buns.

They looked just like hot cross buns, but without the cross.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

No Aldi here that I know of Les. We do have several supermarkets with International sections, German, English, Dutch, Mexican and of course the Asian section often has a whole array of different nations represented.

The Unterseeboots are on their way across ye olde Atlantic Herr Lyle, laden with goodies from Germany and the rest of the EU. Pickled Herrings perhaps?

Yes our main supermarkets, apart from Aldi, like Coles and Woolworths have international sections, I get my lovely mushy peas from there, I know you love them Lyle., lol.

th.jpg.3d76c36151ae2bbcf103b0c5f0191c5d.jpgpeas.jpg.77f730c0e95123c427c53533c672a8a1.jpg

Edited by NSWP

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

I'm sure I could find pickled herring any time if I ever lost my mind and sense of smell and taste. My mom loved the stuff. Me? never. I can get any number of German style sausages here any time.

Bratwurst and Bockwurst I like, although I check for garlic, if garlic therein, not for me, makes me ill. There is no garlic in my house, guaranteed.

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The Unterseeboots are on their way across ye olde Atlantic Herr Lyle, laden with goodies from Germany and the rest of the EU. Pickled Herrings perhaps?

Yes our main supermarkets, apart from Aldi, like Coles and Woolworths have international sections, I get my lovely mushy peas from there, I know you love them Lyle., lol.

th.jpg.3d76c36151ae2bbcf103b0c5f0191c5d.jpgpeas.jpg.77f730c0e95123c427c53533c672a8a1.jpg

As I have said before I will be holding off the "mushy peas" until we come to Oz (even though I could get a can any time) and as it looks like I may never get to Oz I may be able to go my entire life without ever having them.😎

Edited by Blackduck59

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Bratwurst and Bockwurst I like, although I check for garlic, if garlic therein, not for me, makes me ill. There is no garlic in my house, guaranteed.

Glenwood Meats (my local butcher shop) has a very good house made Oktoberfest sausage available most times of the year. There are several butcher shops with house made sausages and some even have smoked sausages made in house. I do like Weisswurst from time to time and a couple of supermarkets have them most times. I also have a co-worker who enjoys hunting and is generous to share the sausages he has made from his success.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

As I have said before I will be holding off the "mushy peas" until we come to Oz (even though I could get a can any time) and as it looks like I may never get to Oz I may be able to go my entire life without ever having them.😎

You could get a can of mushy peas and a meat pie locally, then you could pretend you are 'down under.' 

th.jpg.fef705ff3d2b25e78bf06a68bf5a5f0d.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

Lucky we topped up the frozen 4&20's when we shopped this week & the crownies stock is good, so we are all settled for 2 weeks of lockdown. Won't be able to go to the footy next Fri night - guess the game will be played in empty stadium.

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2021 at 3:57 PM, mr walker said:

Lucky we topped up the frozen 4&20's when we shopped this week & the crownies stock is good, so we are all settled for 2 weeks of lockdown. Won't be able to go to the footy next Fri night - guess the game will be played in empty stadium.

Good planning young Neil, Blues to win tonight, many Penriff boys in the lineup?

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 11:46 AM, Docker123 said:

I was in a supermarket the other day. I did spy some spicey buns.

They looked just like hot cross buns, but without the cross.

Bless you my son, crosses are a no no this time of year.

I was in k mart today, they had big signs, Christmas Laybys, ye gods.

Edited by NSWP

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 12:03 PM, Blackduck59 said:

Sure you will get to Aus although you may be retired by then!  So save your money for when you can cruise down under every year and enjoy pies with mushy peas to your heart’s content!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I don't  think I would like a pie with a leak.

The bag has not leeked yet, I will try one of them later in the week. Chicken and leeks in a creamy white wine sauce.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

can always just eat the chicken and wine.

Indeed, with a spoon, certainly meat pie weather this morning down here, 0 degrees overnight. Canberra would be minus -3 I reckon.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 12:27 PM, NSWP said:

These are new on the market, just got some from Woollies in my delivery.

3._Moo_Free_Dairy_Free_Easter_Egg_Cheeky_Orange_110g_2ed9e0f3-a26b-491f-922f-55bd64349f41_2000x.jpg

Well the pie was nice, few bits of chook and leek therein, with a tasty creamy sauce and decent pastry. I would buy again. Here is a pohto, not mine, as I forgot to take it but the same.

ChickenandLeekPie-683x1024.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2