re meat pies

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Pie day today, a balmy 7C down here on Far South Coast, it was 1C overnight.

Not too warm here in Penrith today either mate. And they're saying it's going to get cold tomorrow, with possible snow in Katoomba! 

Tonight is Game 1 of the Rugby League State of Origin series between the mighty NSW Blues & those canetoads from north of the Tweed. As is our family tradition, we will be having footy food tonight ahead of watching the game on TV. So it will be party pies, little sausage rolls, mini spring rolls, pizza & cocktail frankfurts accompanied with a beer or two. Life's good 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Not too warm here in Penrith today either mate. And they're saying it's going to get cold tomorrow, with possible snow in Katoomba! 

Tonight is Game 1 of the Rugby League State of Origin series between the mighty NSW Blues & those canetoads from north of the Tweed. As is our family tradition, we will be having footy food tonight ahead of watching the game on TV. So it will be party pies, little sausage rolls, mini spring rolls, pizza & cocktail frankfurts accompanied with a beer or two. Life's good 🙂 

Enjoy, Neil. I think some nice Shiraz would be more appropriate, rather than icy lagers.  Perhaps a little drop of Tawny Port to wash 'the little boys' down as well. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Enjoy, Neil. I think some nice Shiraz would be more appropriate, rather than icy lagers.  Perhaps a little drop of Tawny Port to wash 'the little boys' down as well. 

I just love the way you think mate 🙂 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dillpickle48 said:

Thanks Gut. Are you happy with the Sunbeam 4 pie maker?

Yeah not as good as doing it in the oven, but way quicker.

Great for a quick feed, leftover stew, Chinese, can of steak and vegetable, eggs benedict quiche.

I have also done some cakes in it,

fruitcake last Christmas,

basic vanilla cake with pineapple or tinned apple or mango through it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

The cane toads got a real caning, Neil. Up the blues !!

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I thought they would win but not by that margin.

5 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

A massacre as long as they don’t get too cocky for game 2.

I see what you did there Les 🙂 . It was a great night, and my Panther boys played well for the Blues, but as you say Mic, thought they would win, but not by so far. I'm sure they will stay focused . after the disappointment of last years loss.

I got so wrapped up in the game, I just stuck to the crownies & never got to the port. Maybe a port or two tonight to warm up - it's freeeeezing here & reports of snow flurries at Warragamba😮 Cheers

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I see what you did there Les 🙂 . It was a great night, and my Panther boys played well for the Blues, but as you say Mic, thought they would win, but not by so far. I'm sure they will stay focused . after the disappointment of last years loss.

I got so wrapped up in the game, I just stuck to the crownies & never got to the port. Maybe a port or two tonight to warm up - it's freeeeezing here & reports of snow flurries at Warragamba😮 Cheers

Stay safe and warm, nd as they say, any port in a storm will do.

• Haha 1

Yesterday I spent most of the day running between GP, imaging, centre, pathology centre, back to GP then ending up in Belmont Hospital, the outcome of which is going to have an affect on my pie, sausage roll etc.. eating habits any other stuff likely to mess with my gall bladder and pancreas. Bugger.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Yesterday I spent most of the day running between GP, imaging, centre, pathology centre, back to GP then ending up in Belmont Hospital, the outcome of which is going to have an affect on my pie, sausage roll etc.. eating habits any other stuff likely to mess with my gall bladder and pancreas. Bugger.

Oh no! Bugger indeed!

31 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

It was what pushed Mrs Gut onto an almost total vegetarian/vegan diet. Take care.

Had a couple of pies from Croydon Park today for lunch, very nice indeed. Great prices too, Meat pie $3.20, Curry pie $3.30 and steak and mushroom pie $3.30.down here in Canberra it is unlikely to get a hot pie for less than $5.

FIL was 91 yesterday so we had a picnic in his backyard, wonderful way to celebrate .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Had a couple of pies from Croydon Park today for lunch, very nice indeed. Great prices too, Meat pie $3.20, Curry pie $3.30 and steak and mushroom pie $3.30.down here in Canberra it is unlikely to get a hot pie for less than $5.

FIL was 91 yesterday so we had a picnic in his backyard, wonderful way to celebrate .

Happy birthday to your FIL. It wasn't as cold as I expected yesterday afternoon when we went out to do some shopping, so your picnic would have been quite pleasant if his backyard was sheltered.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Happy birthday to your FIL. It wasn't as cold as I expected yesterday afternoon when we went out to do some shopping, so your picnic would have been quite pleasant if his backyard was sheltered.

Cheers, actually the picnic was today but his birthday was yesterday today was around 19 degrees.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

That is a bargain   Happy birthday FIL

On 6/12/2021 at 5:18 PM, lyndarra said:

strewth, take care mate.

On 6/12/2021 at 5:18 PM, lyndarra said:

Oh dear, no pies or sausage rolls, you will have severe withdrawal symptoms.  Here is some treatment...

186480908_5937365062955352_4871242354735370642_n.jpg.3e117c6d3ca7e920817b38baf2efbde6.jpg

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Oh dear, no pies or sausage rolls, you will have severe withdrawal symptoms.  Here is some treatment...

186480908_5937365062955352_4871242354735370642_n.jpg.3e117c6d3ca7e920817b38baf2efbde6.jpg

I have a follow up appointment with my regular GP on Thursday. Basically, they reckon a gallstone, which, has been there for years may be causing a blockage to a duct from pancreas causing pancreatitis. It's likely I'll be referred to a gut surgeon to have my gall bladder deleted from inventory.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I have a follow up appointment with my regular GP on Thursday. Basically, they reckon a gallstone, which, has been there for years may be causing a blockage to a duct from pancreas causing pancreatitis. It's likely I'll be referred to a gut surgeon to have my gall bladder deleted from inventory.

Ouch! Take care.

3 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Sorry to hear about this bit of bother Lyndon. Several years ago Lynn had here gall bladder removed and several people were visiting, I think there were 6 total including me and Lynn, I was the only one there with a gall bladder. Although it is surgery most people breeze through it with few lasting effects. Best of luck mate hopefully your quality pastry pause will be short and you move forward with no lasting restrictions.