re meat pies

Goat stew,mashed spuds and dumplings last night(skipped the goat pie idea).OK,made a change from turkey,which is in abundance here.Lamb is another story,Italy is the 4th economy in the EU,but our half might as well be the Congo.Only 1 supermarket sells lamb chops on a regular basis and legs of lamb are only around at Easter.Now,if you want lamb with all the good bits,you have to order half a lamb with all the bad bits,including half a head,lol.Rant over,still love it though,better than Essex.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Some slices of cucumber needed for the Greek Salad and Balsamic.  A work of art anyway. 

Greek Salad does NOT have balsamic vinegar in it. Balsamic vinegar is Italian, not Greek. Greek Salad should have a good slosh of olive oil and a sprinkle of either red or white wine vinegar added before tossing.

Just now, Docker123 said:

Well, if we want an egg salad, can’t go past salad nicoise.  

Also red wine vinegar in the dressing, not balsamic from the beautiful town of Modena.

unfortunately, cruise ships cannot get up the Po.

Did you ever have an egg salad baguette from Delifrance when it was operating in Australia? It waas the wickedest egg salad I've ever tasted. So yummy but loads of mayo so not very healthy.

29 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Good news for Uncle Les.100 more Greggs outlets to be opened in UK.

I will have to try one of those famous Greggs pies when we're in the UK next year at the end of the Western Europe cruise we're doing.

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Never heard of the place.

What Greggs or Delifrance?  Loads of them in UK.  When we were in Southampton last year, there was a Greggs, down near ye olde Town Gate.

GR.jpg

Edited by NSWP

18 hours ago, brian1 said:

Are you serious,Uncle Les don't stop talking about Greggs,I'm sure there are GF options.

No GF pastry in Greggs Brian, I have been into many Greggs stores and checked their website. Their only GF option is a salad sometimes, who wants that rubbish on a cold, wet English day?   You need a HOT pie or pastie !!

Edited by NSWP

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Except he wants gluten free products.

Yes, I was a shattered man in 2010 when Coeliac Disease hit me, I nearly jumped off the Gap or should I say ship, no more beer,  pizzas, bread, pastas, cakes, pastries, pies etc. Not the real thing anyway, GF products are just not the same and twice the price.☹️ 

Edited by NSWP

18 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I will have to try one of those famous Greggs pies when we're in the UK next year at the end of the Western Europe cruise we're doing.

There would be Greggs in Dover, for sure.  They look like this....

greggs.jpg

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

No GF pastry in Greggs Brian, I have been into many Greggs stores and checked their website. Their only GF option is a salad sometimes, who wants that rubbish on a cold, wet English day?   You need a HOT pie or pastie !!

Sorry,I stand corrected.Hard to believe with a big firm like that.I read yesterday that they are introducing GF soup.They are being pressurised by different groups.Can't be that hard.Our town in Essex has an Italian restaurant that makes GF pizzas.I'll keep you posted on any developments.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

What Greggs or Delifrance?  Loads of them in UK.  When we were in Southampton last year, there was a Greggs, down near ye olde Town Gate.

GR.jpg

They should give GF pies to you for free,with all the publicity you're giving them down under.

18 minutes ago, brian1 said:

They should give GF pies to you for free,with all the publicity you're giving them down under.

I  might open a Greggs Franchise here, GF pies available and all their other items of course.

How about a Greggs franchise on P & O UK cruise ships, Costa Coffee and that Marco Pierre White fella are on board.

GR.jpg

Edited by NSWP

36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I  might open a Greggs Franchise here, GF pies available and all their other items of course.

How about a Greggs franchise on P & O UK cruise ships, Costa Coffee and that Marco Pierre White fella are on board.

GR.jpg

pandO here had a Harry’s on one ship for a while

43 minutes ago, NSWP said:

GR.jpg

Sounds good business sense,I'd go for Cunard as well.