re meat pies

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

I do all the cooking at my place as I am a frustrated Chef and Keens Curry powder is what I use, I think it is a better product than 'Clive of India Curry powder. I always throw in a tablespoon of Paprika as well. 

keens.jpg

I like Herbies Medium Curry Powder (Madras style). There is also a mild version. https://www.herbies.com.au/shop/herbs-and-spices/sugar-free-blends/curry-powder-medium-madras-50g/

4 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Depends on the region, or Nonna's individual choice, my lot favour 50/50 pork and veal. Real pork not the stuff squeezes out of a sausage. Then again when I tell people the Spag Bol starts out with Onion, Carrot, and Celery they think I'm weird.

True,there are variations.Don't see spag bol on menus here very often.We use our sauce for chilli con carne,just add chilli mix.

19 hours ago, brian1 said:

Touching 40 here at the moment.Balti chicken with homemade onion barjis last night.Mad dogs and Poms,lol.

Couple of ice cold Peroni or perhaps even a couple of pints of 'wife beater' (Stella Artois) to wash it down in the heat.  The Brits call Stella Artois 'wife beater' as it is stronger than their usual real ale.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

I can recommend the egg and bacon pies from the new Blacksmiths bakery on the Pacific Highway just over the bridge from Swansea. I had one for lunch yesterday - yummo.

"Real men don't eat quiche"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I can recommend the egg and bacon pies from the new Blacksmiths bakery on the Pacific Highway just over the bridge from Swansea. I had one for lunch yesterday - yummo.

Thanks I’m a real man so don’t eat quiche but love me egg and bacon pie

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Thanks I’m a real man so don’t eat quiche but love me egg and bacon pie

So just close your eyes Mr Gut and imagine that the quiche is egg and bacon pie, for that is what it is, with a little cheese in the mix.  

As the old saying goes....'Real men don't eat quiche.'  (But they do eat egg and bacon pie !!) 😄

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

BTW they are not little thin flans, they are nice big thick pies with filo pastry. About the same diameter as a meat pie but even thicker.

5 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

BTW they are not little thin flans, they are nice big thick pies with filo pastry. About the same diameter as a meat pie but even thicker.

You are torturing me !!!!😭

8 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

What a sick yolk that was.

I would have felt SHELLfish if I did not share it though.   

I cannot believe there have been  86 pages  on this topic and this is my first contribution😱😱

4 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I would have felt SHELLfish if I did not share it though.   

I cannot believe there have been  86 pages  on this topic and this is my first contribution😱😱

Finally come out of your shell.