So if you look for cruises on HAL on the website - you can expect to get......

Oceansaway17

Every time I wander around HAL website just to view and price things, I get a phone call and/or an email from HAL.

It appears that they are aggressive in trying to books ships.

I keep telling them to offer solo pricing and rooms more otherwise stop bothering me.

Be warned they will bother you and don't get me started on the many mailings they send in the mail.

Shame they can't price better for solo travellers but continue to spend money on advertising and contacting you each and every time you access the website.

Every time I wander around HAL website just to view and price things, I get a phone call and/or an email from HAL.

I keep telling them to offer solo pricing and rooms more otherwise stop bothering me.

Be warned they will bother you and don't get me started on the many mailings they send in the mail.

Shame they can't price better for solo travellers but continue to spend money on advertising and contacting you each and every time you access the website.

Don't log in when you search and you will not get the emails, I have never gotten a phone call. I truly do not believe it matters when searching for prices whether you are logged in or not, just my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solo pricing for cruises is ridiculous. I took two solo trips this summer, and was able to book nice hotels without a surcharge. Cruising is my favourite way to travel, but now that my family can no longer join me, I'm looking elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You must have been assigned a PCC at one point.

I verify the HAL site a few times a month (sometimes even more often) and I have never received a phone call or e-mail from HAL as a result of these visits.

I've always thought I was assigned a PCC when I registered to win a cruise on the HAL website. I think he's pretty much given up on me, but when we decided to book a cruise with HAL, he was not very helpful. I ended up booking using an online Travel Agent that I had booked with previously.

If you log in to the HAL website you should be able to set your Preferences for how you would like to be contacted. Go to "My Account" and then "My Preferences"

They never e-mail me when I check out prices. I do get mail offers from time to time.

I am not holding my breath for HAL (or any other cruise line) to make prices better for those of us who cruise solo.

I agree. :)

Doesn't the K'dam have rooms just for solo travelers, and are they not priced as a single?

Allan

they do, as do the Prinsendam - not sure how great the pricing is though.

OP - the only benefit with booking wth HAL is a smidge more control over your booking - no perks other than what is on the website contrary to booking with some TAs

Don't log in when you search and you will not get the emails, I have never gotten a phone call. I truly do not believe it matters when searching for prices whether you are logged in or not, just my experience.

The only time I log in is if I want to see if there is a lower price for my Mariner number.

I do get an email if I am logged in asking if I need help booking.

I don't get an email if I am not logged in.

I was assigned a cruise consultant and I have told her many times to leave me alone until I need her. I guess they did not appreciate me cancelling a 14 day cruise to Norway. Got my refund back.

Thanks for all your replies. I guess it happens to me the most then.

Good for all you but I was wondering.

You can call or email customer service and request a "Marketing Hold" on your account.

The only time I log in is if I want to see if there is a lower price for my Mariner number.

I do get an email if I am logged in asking if I need help booking.

I don't get an email if I am not logged in.

I think that's what I said except for the Mariner issue and it's rare if you get a better price, we're 5* and don't recall getting a better deal.

Doesn't the K'dam have rooms just for solo travelers, and are they not priced as a single?

Allan

The single price for a solo cabin is not the same as the per person rate for a double cabin. On a random cruise on K'dam the p/p rate for a comparable (a little larger but only a few doors away - cabin #1017) double cabin is $1769. The price for the solo cabin (#1009) is $2789.

Here is my experience....

If I am just cruising thru the website checking itineraries and prices, whether I sign in or not, I get no response from HAL.

However, to check solo prices one must start a mock booking and select "1" passenger. Then after prices are obtained one must "exit" the booking. This usually results in an email from HAL or my PCC the next day asking if I need help to "complete" my booking. Would be so much easier if solo prices were posted straight away - on the website and in brochures! It is a tedious process especially if checking several cruises, as the system does not retain the "1" passenger profile, but one starts from scratch with each cruise.

I just ignore the emails and they do not keep pestering me.