Bayonne no longer home port for Summit???

C 2 C

We were on the last cruise of the MERCURY. After having the pleasure of sailing on her before it was sad to see that as we were not even back to Baltimore the decking around the pool was already being ripped up and the changes to becoming "Mein Schiff 2" had begun.

bosco

We were also on that cruise. It was horrible to watch a nice ship being turned over while passengers were still on board. Not a good move.

Pat I agree that the Celebrity product is changing, but unfortunately all the mass market cruise lines have been.

Like you we do not want to have to fly to cruise. I would love more Celebrity ships out of Bayonne doing different itineraries. That 12 night Silhouette cruise in 2012 was great.

Yes it was. We love sailing from Bayonne. We drive to all our ports, no flying for John any more, and it's just 3 more days of expense. Bayonne is, and even the City was, so much easier. Of course the parking is out of sight but still........

Yes it was. We love sailing from Bayonne. We drive to all our ports, no flying for John any more, and it's just 3 more days of expense. Bayonne is, and even the City was, so much easier. Of course the parking is out of sight but still........

Exactly how we feel now. For our next cruise we will at least be on a ship, not airports or hotels, for the entire 14 days of our scheduled Winter vacation. Maybe not our first choice of cruise lines (having never been on NCL).. We are lucky to have the choice of either a bus directly to the port at $90/ passenger round trip or doing the 3 hour drive in our own car on our own schedule and using the port parking. No matter what we choose it will be less expensive that flying and 14 days on NCL may be as good as if not better that 12 on the ANTHEM.

bosco

bosco

Bottles of water have reappeared in AQ Class. Someone asked Lisa about the water and she said that she would correct the situation. She has, at least on this cruise.

Wow..does that mean that AQ will now get the daily bottled water back?

It was not very nice to remove it..We have the drink package but dont enjoy having to scavenge for cold water in sizes we like. Not all bar servers are happy being water distrbutors.

We also hated to see Mercury go...great ship

People need to STOP spreading rumors...more FAKE NEWS...ENOUGH with this until you can present facts. Stupid and ignorant rumors and people is what put businesses out of business. People that spread rumors are the same people who yell "FIRE" in a theatre to get better seats (cabins). IMHO)

People need to STOP spreading rumors...more FAKE NEWS...ENOUGH with this until you can present facts. Stupid and ignorant rumors and people is what put businesses out of business. People that spread rumors are the same people who yell "FIRE" in a theatre to get better seats (cabins). IMHO)

You mean the rumour spread by Lisa that she has other plans for Summit? Perhaps it's a fire sale. Take a valium if you have problems when a thread contradicts your view of reality.;)

You mean the rumour spread by Lisa that she has other plans for Summit? Perhaps it's a fire sale. Take a valium if you have problems when a thread contradicts your view of reality.;)

Arno is correct in that this is not a rumor, it came from the mouth of the President of Summit, a lot better than some of the rumors we have seen on this board. . She left a lot open and we can wait until such time as a decision is made and it is announced but this is not fake news. Point I'm making is Arno is and has been a good source of info for years and he got it from the boss's mouth so lets wait and see what Lisa actually meant.

Arno is correct in that this is not a rumor, it came from the mouth of the President of Summit, a lot better than some of the rumors we have seen on this board. . She left a lot open and we can wait until such time as a decision is made and it is announced but this is not fake news. Point I'm making is Arno is and has been a good source of info for years and he got it from the boss's mouth so lets wait and see what Lisa actually meant.

It could be good info, and Arno may certainly be a source of good information, including this tidbit.

"Friends on Equinox report..."

But... Arno got this info from a friend who apparently got it from the boss' mouth. Does not make it a rumor, but does make it hearsay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, my husband and I both know Albert a fine gentlemen.On our Summit cruise last July 2016 and MayJuly 2017 of this year we had a wonderful time sharing experiences about life and time spent on the ship. We are booked for April/July of 2018 and look forward to sharing with him again. :ship:

A regular senior resident of the Summit is a passenger named Albert. He lives on the ship almost every week of the year. He will be very sad if they sell the Summit as it is his home. I am sure the Summit regulars know him.

We met Mr. Albert on our July 7, 2017 cruise - a lovely man. He told us he is on Summit 50 of 52 weeks, getting off only when Summit is chartered by groups.

If that Silhouette cruise was its first to the Caribbean out of Jersey, we were on it as well. The lawn was covered in plastic to protect it and it WAS A GREAT CRUISE, even if our table in the MDR kept falling apart. lol

Was on that same Silhouette cruise as well. It was a great cruise! I've done several cruises out of Bayonne - only 40 minutes away. I really hope Celebrity doesn't pull out of Bayonne, especially now, when I'm on the verge of retiring in the next year and I'll have more time for easy cruising out of Bayonne.

Was on that same Silhouette cruise as well. It was a great cruise! I've done several cruises out of Bayonne - only 40 minutes away. I really hope Celebrity doesn't pull out of Bayonne, especially now, when I'm on the verge of retiring in the next year and I'll have more time for easy cruising out of Bayonne.

We also enjoy leaving from Bayonne in the summer. We are booked on the Adventure of the Seas out of Bayonne to the Bahamas. It looks like a nice ship. We have sailed on the royal caribbean freedom and Oasis class ships previously and enjoyed them. Not fans of the Quantum class ships, so the Anthem is off our list. If you are an Elite member on Celebrity, you become a Diamond member on Royal.

We also enjoy leaving from Bayonne in the summer. We are booked on the Adventure of the Seas out of Bayonne to the Bahamas. It looks like a nice ship. We have sailed on the royal caribbean freedom and Oasis class ships previously and enjoyed them. Not fans of the Quantum class ships, so the Anthem is off our list. If you are an Elite member on Celebrity, you become a Diamond member on Royal.

I sailed on Explorer of the Seas a few times out of Bayonne a number of years ago as well, but do prefer the Celebrity ships. Hope you enjoy the Adventurer.

I sailed on Explorer of the Seas a few times out of Bayonne a number of years ago as well, but do prefer the Celebrity ships. Hope you enjoy the Adventurer.

We do prefer Celebrity Ships and will continue to fly to Florida for our spring and winter cruises. Our favorite Celebrity ships are the Reflection and the Silhouette. But we enjoy them all.

After reading this I became a little concerned about the repo we have booked for next April which would bring the Summit back to Bayonne. On Celebrity's site, it shows as no rooms available so I checked some of the Bermuda cruises for next summer and got the same message. Ironically we chose the repo because the cruise we were originally booked was chartered so this was our second choice. Earlier this year we were booked on the Summit cruise which was canceled two weeks ahead of time due to mechanical issues. We were also to go to the Med this month before they pulled the Equinox to sail in the Caribbean. I used to not worry about cruises once they were booked but now I don't have much confidence as to whether they will actually happen.

After reading this I became a little concerned about the repo we have booked for next April which would bring the Summit back to Bayonne. On Celebrity's site, it shows as no rooms available so I checked some of the Bermuda cruises for next summer and got the same message. Ironically we chose the repo because the cruise we were originally booked was chartered so this was our second choice. Earlier this year we were booked on the Summit cruise which was canceled two weeks ahead of time due to mechanical issues. We were also to go to the Med this month before they pulled the Equinox to sail in the Caribbean. I used to not worry about cruises once they were booked but now I don't have much confidence as to whether they will actually happen.

Celebrity took their booking systems offline due to Irma.

I don't blame you. We booked the Edge for March 2019 the day bookings became available. We were told a couple of months ago the cruise would be canceled due to a charter. We were advised if we wanted to go the following week they would honor the rate. Unfortunately we cannot go the following week and as you would guess the rates went up over 30%. I wrote to Celebrity but they didn't respond. Not great customer service.

Still something strange with the Summit

Needed to book a FV cabin for 5

I could see on the system FV guarantee cabins for 4 and the FV guarantee cabins where available for every sailing I have checked.

So I phoned Celebrity UK got a price was about to book and suddenly there was a problem, booking was referred to a supervisor and when they could not sort it out the matter went up to their manager.

Spoke to the manager apparently FV cabins are not normally sold as guarantees. He said he could see 3 cabins available, when I asked which cabins were left he became flustered and said they could not give me a cabin number, and told me they would phone me back after they had looked into this as they could not confirm the cost of the cabin.

Waited over 24hrs and got bored so phoned a US TA who have offices in the UK. I have used them before. They came back with a quote £220 cheaper. It took them 2 days to sort out and the booking had to be referred to the revenue department.

The upshot is all booked but it was all very strange.

Most likely the booking system was disrupted due to Hurricane Irma - not really a Summit specific issue.

Would agree except it was long before Irma and from the other ships I have checked it seems only to be on the summit for virtually every week FV cabins are guarantees

Maybe they're trialing something new book a FV cabin with a big balcony for 4 get a C3 as an upgrade lol

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

We also love M Class and we are so happy that the ship in Bayonne is M Class. We only did Silhouette because it was sailing from Bayonne. We were not thrilled with S Class over M Class. Heck I'd take Mercury, Galaxy and Century over S Class. I guess we are in the minority.

I'm with you. Just completed a cruise on the Connie and still love it even with its recent changes. Also loved the Mercury and Century.

BTW, I was on that Silhouette cruise out of Bayonne also. Enjoyed it and have been on several of her sisters for their itineraries but haven't warmed up to the ships.

• 2 weeks later...

We are heading out on Summit today. I will try to speak to a few officers on board or even the captain if I have an opportunity to see if they will give us some answers on Summit in Bayonne in the future (or another Celebrity ship). Sometimes they hold a Q&A session.