Bayonne no longer home port for Summit???

C 2 C

I would just like to know what ship (M or S) they have planned for our cruise Oct. 2018, because we are very picky about the cabins we choose, and will not take a cruise if any of our favorite cabins are not available, and I don't want to be stuck with non-refundable air when they decide to make the announcement.

We love the M class above all the Celebrity ships now in service for the cabin choice as well..

bosco

We love the M class above all the Celebrity ships now in service for the cabin choice as well..

bosco

We also love M Class and we are so happy that the ship in Bayonne is M Class. We only did Silhouette because it was sailing from Bayonne. We were not thrilled with S Class over M Class. Heck I'd take Mercury, Galaxy and Century over S Class. I guess we are in the minority.

I agree. We have done 4 RCCL cruises. We do it because they have Anthem in Bayonne all year long and what's a girl suppose to do who doesn't want to fly? Anthem's food has been a bit better in the Main Dining Room than what we had on Explorer and Liberty but their buffet for lunch is still no where near as good as Celebrity's. We even broke down and went to Johnny Rockets one day for lunch. Why can't they put out a better product? Can't they steal a few Celebrity chefs? I mean they are swapping other positions like, Presidents, Cruise Directors, etc.

Hi CC,

We did the Anthem for 14 nights in Europe when the ship first came out and I was excited to try their new dining plan with the four MDRs (Grande, Silk, Chic, & American Icon Grill). What a huge let down; the venues were nice enough, but the food was beyond mediocre. Buffet looked like Celebrity's, but once again just so so food. We ended up in Jamie's Italian three times, and Chops a couple of nights. At lunch, we just headed to Two70 for the great roast beef sandwiches. Wonderland was just too weird. Entertainment was good, and I even tried iFly Rip Cord and loved the Northstar.

It's too bad, as the rumor of the Q-class were originally going to be Celebrity ships, but at the last minute they added all the RCL stuff. The Anthem with Celebrity food would be one of the highest rated ships afloat (IMHO). The Q-class really does look like a Celebrity ship with climbing walls, bumper cars, flow-rider, ripcord added on. Even the cabins have a Celebrity look. Two70 is the precursor to the Edge Class Eden.

Enjoy!

Kel:D

We also love M Class and we are so happy that the ship in Bayonne is M Class. We only did Silhouette because it was sailing from Bayonne. We were not thrilled with S Class over M Class. Heck I'd take Mercury, Galaxy and Century over S Class. I guess we are in the minority.

We also love the M class ships, but have found that after a few S class sailings, there is a lot to like about them as well.

Each class has aspects that we like. The S class bathrooms are much nicer, but the standard bathrooms do not have removable shower heads. The balcony doors are also easier to open. We don't care for the pool grill one level up from the pool, with limited seating. Love Cafe Al Bacio!

M class dining rooms are more dramatic, and the Rendezvous Lounge is by far a better venue for pre dinner cocktails and dancing than anything on the S class ships.

We also loved the C class; Century and Galaxy were our favorite ships.

If RCI starts taking Celebrity Chefs, Celebrity will become RCI - not a good idea.:eek:

Thought the Royalizing downgrade already happened...but agree that service and dining on X is still far better than Royal..

The question was about cheaters on Summit. Lisa said that the new schedule will not make Summit attractive to Charters. She said nothing about Bayonne. The summit may stay therefor be move. Another ship may be sent there. She didn't say. She was only talking about charters from Bayonne on Summit. She was also asked about reducing the fleet. Her response was that the plan is to expand the fleet and no plans to sell any ships. She went further sayng that there are plans to upgrade M Class ships.

How does her comment square with the ads that folks have posted ..those are clearly pics of M class Celeb ships...Seems to be a disconnect somewhere....

We also love the M class ships, but have found that after a few S class sailings, there is a lot to like about them as well.

Each class has aspects that we like. The S class bathrooms are much nicer, but the standard bathrooms do not have removable shower heads. The balcony doors are also easier to open. We don't care for the pool grill one level up from the pool, with limited seating. Love Cafe Al Bacio!

M class dining rooms are more dramatic, and the Rendezvous Lounge is by far a better venue for pre dinner cocktails and dancing than anything on the S class ships.

We also loved the C class; Century and Galaxy were our favorite ships.

Three thumbs up.

Since we love Murano type restaurants above the rest, we will be moving towards S-class since the M-class downgrade from elegant specialty restaurants to Tuscan means we have to forget about the Rendezvous Lounge. A way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I'm giving up dancing in M-class rendezvous to eat my goat cheese soufle, Lobster Bisque, Dover Sole and my cheese course in Murano. Less exercise, better food. We cancelled three Summit cruises in January to sail on Equinox instead. It will be nice to see an S-class ship in Bayonne in 2019.. ( My conclusion of Lisa's cryptic comment "We have other plans for Summit".. (ie.. it's for sale, my guess), NY/NJ is too important a port to abandon and Royal spent too much $$ on facilities. And Captain Kate will get a new ship... (I know nothing, I see nothing, but I hear a lot and I love to speculate). I also love scifi and fantasy.

How does her comment square with the ads that folks have posted ..those are clearly pics of M class Celeb ships...Seems to be a disconnect somewhere....

Anyone with good computer skills can create a fake ad. Lisa was quite clear in her comments that there are no plans to reduce the fleet. I was at the table when Lee called the VP who was responsible for the department that would arrange any sale and he said that he was unaware of an ad.

Anyone with good computer skills can create a fake ad. Lisa was quite clear in her comments that there are no plans to reduce the fleet. I was at the table when Lee called the VP who was responsible for the department that would arrange any sale and he said that he was unaware of an ad.

Couldn't "no plans to reduce the fleet" also mean you add some (the Edge ones) and take old ones away (M class)? That would make a net fleet of the same size...

I would just like to know what ship (M or S) they have planned for our cruise Oct. 2018, because we are very picky about the cabins we choose, and will not take a cruise if any of our favorite cabins are not available, and I don't want to be stuck with non-refundable air when they decide to make the announcement.

The fall 2018 itineraries/ship assignments have been in place since last fall when they were announced. Short of a decision to redeploy a vessel completely (like they did with Equinox this Summer cancelling all European cruises to keep her in the Caribbean year-round), an unplanned drydock for engine maintenance or a full ship charter, if you are currently booked on "xxxx" ship for 2018 that is the ship you will sail upon :)

Celebrity hasn't really had a chef since Michele Roux and the quality, presentation and menu changes were evident almost from the day he left.

bosco

Absolutely agree, MDR food and service under Mr. Roux was better than any specialty restaurant Celebrity currently has and the menu changed every night.

Just an FYI about ship broker listings.

It is my understanding many of these are done by the brokers in an attempt to solicit a good offer they can take to the cruise line and therefore make a large commission.

They are not necessarily initiated by the cruise lines themselves.

But I remember being booked on Century while it was being sold to a French cruiseline as part of Pulmantor, having my itinerary changed to sailing to Rome rather than Japan and then finding out that the ship was sold to a Chinese affiliate and Rome cancelled.

All the time Celebrity was silent about the fluid negotiations while itineraries changed again and again.

Lee was also not aware of the brief Celebrity experiment of having loyal passengers answering the phone for information as several of the cruise critic community joined the now defunct outfit.

But I remember being booked on Century while it was being sold to a French cruiseline as part of Pulmantor, having my itinerary changed to sailing to Rome rather than Japan and then finding out that the ship was sold to a Chinese affiliate and Rome cancelled.

All the time Celebrity was silent about the fluid negotiations while itineraries changed again and again.

Lee was also not aware of the brief Celebrity experiment of having loyal passengers answering the phone for information as several of the cruise critic community joined the now defunct outfit.

Yes, I didn't realise how short lived that programme was. I remember Curt (used to always be posting on here) joining the 'Ambassadors' and asked him what had become of the scheme.

There were quite a few pax caught out with the selling of Century. You just never know what is on the cards - look at those pax booked on Equinox that suddenly had to make new plans. Only the bottom line counts ;).

The same thing happened to us booked on the Mercury. We were scheduled to sail out of Charleston (just driving across town) in April 2010. Celebrity decided to cancel all cruises after Baltimore when they sold the ship to TUI. Our choices were drive to Baltimore for a cruise in February or get a refund. They gave us a whole $100 OBC for the inconvenience.

Just an FYI about ship broker listings.

It is my understanding many of these are done by the brokers in an attempt to solicit a good offer they can take to the cruise line and therefore make a large commission.

They are not necessarily initiated by the cruise lines themselves.

Ha...that's an odd way to operate ,Does not work that way in real estate where you need a signed listing agreement.

No matter to us; the M class ships even with many upgrades feel old in many spots, We are ready to give them up after our upcoming Infinity cruise...unless one does an East Coast cruise similar to the one done by Grandeur on Royal,,.

I know that next year the Adventure of the Seas will be sailing to florida and the Bahamas out of cape liberty. I cannot believe that Celebrity would remove the Summit- perhaps just a rumor. Hope not as the Quantum class is far from our favorite cruise ship. If the Summit is removed and my DH and I want to sail to Bermuda, we would probably sail on the Breakaway in the Haven or even Carnival. It is expensive to sail in the Haven, but the Quantum class was a nightmare. The ships layout was so poor and the service disappointing.

If we would have to sail out of Boston or Maryland, we would fly so no savings and limited ports, so probably more options from Florida-

The same thing happened to us booked on the Mercury. We were scheduled to sail out of Charleston (just driving across town) in April 2010. Celebrity decided to cancel all cruises after Baltimore when they sold the ship to TUI. Our choices were drive to Baltimore for a cruise in February or get a refund. They gave us a whole $100 OBC for the inconvenience.

We were on the last cruise of the MERCURY. After having the pleasure of sailing on her before it was sad to see that as we were not even back to Baltimore the decking around the pool was already being ripped up and the changes to becoming "Mein Schiff 2" had begun.

bosco

If we would have to sail out of Boston or Maryland, we would fly so no savings and limited ports, so probably more options from Florida-

We don't like the restrictions, expense and time wasted on flights from NY to Florida and have cruised from NY and NJ well over a dozen times (3 hr drive for us). We will be trying NCL for the first time and will see how 14 days with an enormous veranda, beverage and dining packages on the Breakaway stacks up. They must be something right, being able to do it on a regular basis. Only time will tell. LOL

bosco

We were on the last cruise of the MERCURY. After having the pleasure of sailing on her before it was sad to see that as we were not even back to Baltimore the decking around the pool was already being ripped up and the changes to becoming "Mein Schiff 2" had begun.

bosco

That's the cruise we booked also. Besides what you mentioned, they under provisioned so as basic food items ran out they were not restocked. The stores had begun packing up their inventory early and the best crew had already transferred off the ship. The final port's sail away was anti climatic with Nothing unlike the Galaxy which had a huge fanfare from what I heard.

I will never knowingly book a Celebrity ship's final cruise again.