I"m VERY upset with Princess :) (satire...)

rgmacm

We were sailing out of the beautiful Glacier Bay on Thurs....when SOMEONE put a nasty nasty note in our stateroom mailbox....with a HORRIBLE word at the top...

I almost hesitate to share the contents of this note here - for fear it will conger up the same awful feelings in others as it did in us....

......but........ the word was Disembarkation"!!!

I did all I could to continue to enjoy my cruise in spite of this horrible paper and the way it made me feel......but these people were relentless. The next day yet another nasty note appeared in our mailbox... This one had luggage tags on it...and get this!!! It had complete instructions on how we were expected to respond to their nasty notes/papers..

By Friday afternoon, I was absolutely beside myself!!!! How could Princess do this to us? We had been wonderful passengers...always used the antibacterial at the buffet line...always smiled and said 'hello' to crew members....We were even very careful to make sure our cabin door didn't slam shut when we went in and out. ...and THIS is how they repay us? UNBELEIVABLE!!!!

But....what could we do? This force for evil was stronger than us all. We could do nothing to halt it's relentless march forward. These awful people were going to get by with this. They were going to succeed in kicking us off the ship and there was absolutely nothing we could do to stop them. .

As I suspected, this morning they began to implement their evil, evil plan... They kicked us off the ship - no explanations...no apologies...no empathy or understanding for how they made us feel....

They just kicked us off and smiled while doing it!!!!!

We're so upset that we have decided we will NOT be cruising with Princess again in 2017!!! That'll show 'em!!! :D:D;p

Edited by rgmacm

I have enjoyed all my cruises in the past (30 or so) and nothing anyone does changes that for me on board, everrrrrrrrrrrr. Generally these days I stick to the cruise lines I prefer (RCCL, Princess and Celebrity).

BUT unlike the two of you, I am always happy to go home, there is no place like home. So disembarking is not a dirty word for me.

These days, 4 weeks is great cruising and 5 weeks is stretching it, but I love cruising. I have got 3 booked.

I appreciate the silly mock horror of your post.

But believe it or not there was a dead serious thread not too long ago from an outraged member as to why Princess did not collect one's disembarkation preference in advance through the cruise personalizer. Nothing at all in jest about their genuine feeling that Princess distributing the aforementioned notice just past the mid-cruise mark is truly bad behavior and poor policy.

So tread carefully; one man's satire is another's call to arms.

I feel for you. That dreaded word appears just about the time that I've shed myself of worldly woes and relaxed into the tranquil feeling of cruising. Then that missive appears, saying it is almost over. It is hard to take.

But (HAAA, Haaa, Haaa, haaa) we know how to get more enjoyment before that fateful letter descends on our enjoyment. We've learned to book LONGER CRUISES !!!! That way we can at least get a good tan first.

But alas, like death and taxes, debarkation must inevitably come, and we must depart again for the real world where our beds aren't turned down with chocolate treats, where we have to actually (ugh) cook our own meals, and we must sit for hours to get from one port (errr, make that destination) to another.

But wait! We just received our Princess Cruise Catalog, where we can plan our next break from reality and sameness to something new ... and another chance for them to put a letter in our cabin with that dreaded word.

We were sailing out of the beautiful Glacier Bay on Thurs....when SOMEONE put a nasty nasty note in our stateroom mailbox....with a HORRIBLE word at the top...

I almost hesitate to share the contents of this note here - for fear it will conger up the same awful feelings in others as it did in us....

......but........ the word was Disembarkation"!!!

I did all I could to continue to enjoy my cruise in spite of this horrible paper and the way it made me feel......but these people were relentless. The next day yet another nasty note appeared in our mailbox... This one had luggage tags on it...and get this!!! It had complete instructions on how we were expected to respond to their nasty notes/papers..

By Friday afternoon, I was absolutely beside myself!!!! How could Princess do this to us? We had been wonderful passengers...always used the antibacterial at the buffet line...always smiled and said 'hello' to crew members....We were even very careful to make sure our cabin door didn't slam shut when we went in and out. ...and THIS is how they repay us? UNBELEIVABLE!!!!

But....what could we do? This force for evil was stronger than us all. We could do nothing to halt it's relentless march forward. These awful people were going to get by with this. They were going to succeed in kicking us off the ship and there was absolutely nothing we could do to stop them. .

As I suspected, this morning they began to implement their evil, evil plan... They kicked us off the ship - no explanations...no apologies...no empathy or understanding for how they made us feel....

They just kicked us off and smiled while doing it!!!!!

We're so upset that we have decided we will NOT be cruising with Princess again in 2017!!! That'll show 'em!!! :D:D;p

I love your message.It is so depressing to get that notice. Thanks for lightening things up.

WCC

I feel for you. That dreaded word appears just about the time that I've shed myself of worldly woes and relaxed into the tranquil feeling of cruising. Then that missive appears, saying it is almost over. It is hard to take.

But (HAAA, Haaa, Haaa, haaa) we know how to get more enjoyment before that fateful letter descends on our enjoyment. We've learned to book LONGER CRUISES !!!! That way we can at least get a good tan first.

But alas, like death and taxes, debarkation must inevitably come, and we must depart again for the real world where our beds aren't turned down with chocolate treats, where we have to actually (ugh) cook our own meals, and we must sit for hours to get from one port (errr, make that destination) to another.

But wait! We just received our Princess Cruise Catalog, where we can plan our next break from reality and sameness to something new ... and another chance for them to put a letter in our cabin with that dreaded word.

Delightfully depressing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Best way to prolong that nasty junk mail in your mailbox is to book back to backs. Although it just prolongs the enviable, it is a very nice feeling on disembarkation day of the first cruise when you can sit back relax and watch all the cruisers scurrying off the ship, and just sigh and think about where you are going on the next leg of your cruise. As I said it's a great feeling knowing they aren't booting you off the ship, but unfortunately it only postpones things until it's your turn, and then there will be someone else on a back to back watching you leaving the ship thinking the same thing, where they are going on the next part of their cruise. It's a cruel world sometimes :rolleyes: I am also just kidding, we are pretty privileged to be able to kid about leaving a cruise ship after a nice cruise holiday.

Ah shucks I see Ron the Rev beat me to the punch by 10 minutes on his post with the same suggestion. Oh well... that's me, a buck short and a day late.

Edited by bbum
Just an update.. once again too slow on the keys

I agree that the dreaded D word is the worst thing that can happen on a cruise and for them to keep using it is disgusting. However for me the absolute worst insult is when I return to the cabin and see that dreaded brown cover on the end of the bed. It is so so depressing. :loudcry:

I have found however that on a B2B cruise when others are going through the trauma of the cursed brown cover on the bed and being summarily booted off the ship, I can smile knowing that I will still be on the ship. However my day of doom is approaching also.

Good one!!

I always get that twinge in the pit of my stomach upon receiving the dreaded "D" notice in my mailbox.

I'm NEVER ready for the adventure to end, even when I have been onboard for 30+ days. Don't get me wrong .... I love my family and my home. But there's nothing like visiting new parts of the world with Princess, and being made to feel like a real princess every day that I'm on a Princess ship.

We call it "the blanket of Doom."

LOVE that!!! blanket of doom hahaha!!!

and someone above said that there was a recent post from someone who was REALLY complaining about those papers??

I never saw that...probably because I was walking around Ketchikan....or on the Klondike highway...or something of that sort (not reading on cruisecritic) when it posted. This was not a 'play' on that post at all.....

Certainly glad all the commenters 'got' my attempts at "laughing through the pain"...

I'll try to write a full review of our cruise and land tour when we get home...right now, we're headed up to Denali.

Happy Day All!!! :) :)

I just returned home last week from a British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I solved the disembarkation blues by having a TA booked on the Norwegian Getaway next month. Don't know how I will get along after that cruise, since my next cruise isn't until March.

As the above posters said, one way to beat the feeling is the infamous B2B. Another is to take those horribly inconsiderate papers, push them aside, and march straight to the future booking office to either book another cruise immediately, or at least buy some Future Cruise Credits! :D;p:')