Screwed by Norwegian Again

CaptainBligh

Everyday I receive at least two emails ftom Norwegian Cruise lines regarding some offer to book a new sailing with Norwegian.

So here I am on a sailing out of Miami to Cuba, on a four-day sailing, Norwegian Sky. As a Platinum Plus Norwegian cruise member (with 50+ cruises) I usually have included amenities. Amenities like a free specially dining, free laundry, a bottle of "champagne," etc. READ THE FINE PRINT. WHY? None of those latitude amenities apply on a cruise of less than 5-days. Latitude amenities are only available for cruises of 5-days or more.

So much for Norwegian and their emails hounding you to book another sailing. Every time I turn around Norwegian is finding a new way to screw their most loyal cruisers.

When I questioned the Cruise Rewards associate where this was on the NCL website he had to highlight the fine print on the bottom of the Latitudes page. Question - when you book a cruise that is less than 5-days why isn't it clear that latitude amenities do not apply? Another hidden way that NCL screws passengers!

Topical customer service quote, "It's not me. It's Norwegian policy."

After an exchange with the Cruise Rewards associate he was quick to try to sell me another Cruise Rewards certificate for another sailing. I told him I was not interested. (Note: The Cruise Rewards associates are rated [and get commissions] on the number of Cruise Rewards certificates they sell.)

Sorry, don't think they screwed you unless they didn't deliver the amenities they were supposed to deliver. In this case, you just didn't read the fine print so you aren't entitled to any amenities. Your number of sailings is irrelevant to the amenities you think you are entitled to, in fact, with that number of cruises under your belt, you should know better by now that you always read the fine print.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sorry I know it's disappointing that there is nothing for 5 or less but as a platinum plus we know this and accept that if we book a short one we get nothing. I don't need the laundry, a backstage tour or dinner with an officer. Now you know I'm sure you will make other choices, you do still get cruise points towards the ambassador level.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good to know because we are looking to take a 3-day cruise to level up to platinum. I would have assumed that Latitude Rewards follow us. No discount on excursions, I guess.

As far as I know you still earn Latitudes Rewards points on cruises shorter than 5 days, the Latitudes amenities just don't apply on those shorter cruises..

You're gonna get all the fake internet lawyers out but I understand. On RCI my diamond benefits are available on the 3 and 4 night cruises. I can see where losing a valuable perk, like free specialty dinner, can rub you the wrong way. Would be preferable for NCL to cover 3 and 4 night sailings as well.

I'm surprised with over 50 cruises you were not aware of this, as it has been this way every since I can remember.

Maybe if you write a letter to the CEO and let him know what a good customer you were, he might extend these benefits to you if you ever take another 4 day cruise or maybe he will send you a check for the cost of those benefits you didn't get.

It can be very challenging to keep all the discount policies straight as each line is different. Add in companies that have different policies depending on the region the ship is sailing. I actually made a spreadsheet. Even then, the 'rules' change often. I can relate to the frustration, although I don't personally consider it 'getting screwed'.

Not a happy camper (or cruiser).

Okay, you don't like this rule. Title should probably say "I don't like part of the Latitudes Program" or something like that. They did not "screw anybody". It is just the way the program is set up.

Not sure how much the poster stops by here, but this is the third post in three years. That's okay, some just read. Then again, the first post in 2014 was " Another Way for NCL to Nickel and Dime" Gotta laugh.

We just made platinum on our last cruise and our first cruise as platinum is a 4 day to Cuba...lol, "them's the breaks." We knew this going in - as a matter of fact we were looking hard at RCCL's Cuba itinerary, and part of the reason we were willing to switch brands was that we weren't getting any platinum benefits. That, and the fact that Tampa is an easier drive and Key West is a more appealing port - BUT... NCL won me back with the Sun's new Cuba itinerary from Port Canaveral...so NCL kept us for this one! But we're still not getting platinum benefits, and that's okay - we knew that when we booked.

So here I am on a sailing out of Miami to Cuba, on a four-day sailing, Norwegian Sky. As a Platinum Plus Norwegian cruise member (with 50+ cruises) I usually have included amenities. Amenities like a free specially dining, free laundry, a bottle of "champagne," etc. None of those latitude amenities apply on a cruise of less than 5-days. Latitude amenities are only available for cruises of 5-days or more.

So what I don't understand is that if you are a Platinum Plus member, why would you not know that Platinum and cruise next benefits do not apply to the Sky trips? These are not new rules. They have been around forever.

We are platinum plus members and just got off the Sky. We were well aware that (1) you don't get perks and (2) you don't get platinum benefits.

Ok....so they didn't read the fine print!!! How many more people want to continue to hit them with a nasty snarky comment??? Yikes people! Chill out!

That's those fake internet lawyers at it. You'd think they might like the same exact benefit OP would like to have. But they won't ask for it because a rule is a rule and not letting the company know. They actually think it is better if people went away of the tiniest thing they don't like rather than voice an opinion. Like I said, I understand OP's gripe. "Screwed" may be a bit much, but saying "I wish the benefits covered shorter sailings" is legitimate.

Ok....so they didn't read the fine print!!! How many more people want to continue to hit them with a nasty snarky comment??? Yikes people! Chill out!

When someone rants of a forum, there's no guarantee that the replies will be a collective forum group hug with a dose of "...yes, I feel your pain..." or "...that meanie corporation did you wrong...".

When someone complains or rants about something that they could have easily read and blames someone else (NCL) or accuses someone else of wrong doing ("screwed"), the replies are less snarky than the original rant.