Luminae Tables with Chair and Sofa Seat

flyingv4me

I just saw a new video of Luminae and noticed some of the tables had a chair on one side and a long sofa on the other. I guess this would facilitate changing a two top to a four (or more) top relatively easily, but just how comfortable is it sitting on the sofa side? I've found that I dislike this type of seating in restaurants in my area for several reasons. I find the sofa is either too low or angled in such a manner that it is more difficult for me to eat. It is also sometimes difficult to slide into your seat. Also, if you're sitting in the chair your view is of a wall. Not much fun if you like to see what is going on while you eat!

For anyone that has dined at these tables in Luminae, what are your thoughts? I'm sure I could ask for a table for two with chairs on both sides when I'm seated?

Thanks!

They do have a mirror on the wall above the sofa side, which is nice. I also don't care to sit on those sofas but these were tolerable with the cushion. I still prefer a regular table with chairs for everyone, but they try to accommodate your preferences.

I sat on the sofa side...DH pushed the table a little closer to me and it was fine. We only had one seating with the sofa seats. typically, we were seated at a window. Now...the battle of the blinds (on Summit) was interesting...but..that is another topic!

I find the chairs to be uncomfortable. No support too relaxed even with the "pillow" provided. I ended up putting the pillow vertically behind my back. I could never get close enough to the table.

I preferred the couch but wanted to see out the window. Ah well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have experienced Luminae on both S- and M-class ships. I am a short woman, and on both classes of ships I prefer to have a pillow for back support in the chairs. But I am fine when sitting at the banquette on both classes of ships.

We spent 14 nights on the Millennium this summer, and this was the first Luminae we've experienced which had rectangular pillows for all chairs and an additional number for the banquette. Hopefully the powers that be will be adding more pillows to Luminae as when we spent 30 nights on the Infinity this spring the maitre 'd had to search for sufficient pillows.

My wife and I were on Reflection last month and ate at Luminae all but two nights. Sat in chairs and on the bench couch. Absolutely zero problem for either of us. It's a very good experience all around. Wish we were cruising again this month!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your not supposed to be looking at the wall. You should be gazing into the eyes of the other person. 😍

I think that many may prefer the sofa seat as it accommodates them better than a chair as there is more surface area.

Personally we don't like sitting at those tables. Whenever they try to seat us at one we ask for a different location and tell them that we prefer a table with two chairs and are always accommodated.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

They have these "banquettes" in BLU as well and prefer regular seats for the reasons mentioned....the height seems off and it feels like a diner booth..

I don't know who designed any of the furniture on the ships or who they used as their model but nothing is the right size no matter how tall or short a person is. I am close to 6 ft, my wife is 5'-2. All of the chairs ( other than the dining rooms) and sofas around the ship are too deep, too high or too low. There are pillows but they don't help. Nothing is comfortable to sit in, except the stools at the bars 🤔, but even there the bar may be too high or too low for the stools.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We have experienced Luminae on both S- and M-class ships. I am a short woman, and on both classes of ships I prefer to have a pillow for back support in the chairs. But I am fine when sitting at the banquette on both classes of ships.

We spent 14 nights on the Millennium this summer, and this was the first Luminae we've experienced which had rectangular pillows for all chairs and an additional number for the banquette. Hopefully the powers that be will be adding more pillows to Luminae as when we spent 30 nights on the Infinity this spring the maitre 'd had to search for sufficient pillows.

I read, blah blah blah 14 nights Luminae, blah blah blah, Luminae ... 30 nights. 44 total days eating in Luminae in the last 5 months?. I don't know whether to cry in pity to your bodies or cry out of jealousy. My DH and I are finally back to normal, or so we think, after just 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners, 7 teas. Feeling the post cruise puffy blues.

We want to do a 14-night cruise and I told him it will kill us. I can't even get my mind around 44 nights. ;p

We've dined in Luminae and have found that the tables along the wall areas are not an issue whatsoever. We're with friends and our att

Yep... we're too busy enjoying the food and the company!

But dining "a deux" we found that they usually had a table along the window side for us. If you express your preference, they'll certainly make every effort to accommodate you.

In July we sailed the Summit and were a family of 10 traveling together.

We had the back left side of Luminae with 4 of us sitting on the banquette side. I was one of the 4 and found it very comfortable, plus the added bonus of having a great spot to keep my wristlet/clutch bag!