Sky suite worth the $?

Erikamac

Usually we book a concierge cabin but we are doing Australia NZ this December and throwing around the idea of a suite. I just don't know if it's worth the extra on a 12 day cruise with 4 sea days. The larger bathroom and room sure does look nice but the room isn't all that much bigger for over double the $. Idk ;p

We have always felt that the extra amenities that come with a suite are worth the higher price. On Celebrity, having access to Luminae and Michael's Club keep us booking suites. It is really a personal decision. Others will disagree with me. That's why it's good to have choices - something for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Usually we book a concierge cabin but we are doing Australia NZ this December and throwing around the idea of a suite. I just don't know if it's worth the extra on a 12 day cruise with 4 sea days. The larger bathroom and room sure does look nice but the room isn't all that much bigger for over double the $. Idk ;p

If you can afford it, why not try it and then see what you think.

We "poor folks" just get a regular balcony, and are happy. :)

Yes, having a suites-only dining venue is nicer than eating in the main dining room with the masses. Service is exceptional, as is the quality of menu. Michael's Club is lovely - the pampering and personal attention can't be beat.

Remember that suites get all four perks. So the gratuities are included, the Wifi is unlimited, a $300 OBC comes with the suite, and your unlimited beverage package is premium (not Classic, as with the perk given in other categories).

So, when you compare a regular cabin vs. a suite $-wise, often it comes pretty darn close. Add the MC concierge, the suites-only embarkation check-in, and a butler thrown in to boot, yes, I go for the suite whenever my pocket book allows.

If you can afford it, why not try it and then see what you think.

We "poor folks" just get a regular balcony, and are happy. :)

Have to agree with this sentiment. We always book Concierge, but if we had the money to book a suite, we'd definitely do it. The extra space seems like a nice perk in itself on a longer cruise, and the amenities not available at any other level, make it desirable as well.

Luminae is a better dining experience than the MDR or even Blu, food and service are both a cut above. We enjoy Michael's Club, atmosphere is lovely and service is again superior, especially in that busy pre-dinner hour when it can be very crowded at the other lounges. The concierge will do most anything you need, make restaurant reservations and book shore excursions and take care of details such as replacing a deactivated room card, etc. We particularly like the S1 suites, these are the corner aft suites and are larger with a wonderful balcony overlooking the wake. Whether all this is worth the extra cost is of course a personal decision, but it definitely is for us.

Luminae is a better dining experience than the MDR or even Blu, food and service are both a cut above. We enjoy Michael's Club, atmosphere is lovely and service is again superior, especially in that busy pre-dinner hour when it can be very crowded at the other lounges. The concierge will do most anything you need, make restaurant reservations and book shore excursions and take care of details such as replacing a deactivated room card, etc. We particularly like the S1 suites, these are the corner aft suites and are larger with a wonderful balcony overlooking the wake. Whether all this is worth the extra cost is of course a personal decision, but it definitely is for us.

I agree with every word.

We love the extra space in a sky suite and we love luminae. Best part of luminae is you can still order from MDR menu-of course that means french onion soup and escargot (yeah). For cruises of 10 nights or longer or when we travel to the med etc we try and book a sky suite so we are not on top of each other. Trust me, the space IS that much bigger. you would be surprised.

One thing to keep in mind is to try and grab a suite guarantee if the cruise is not selling so great. Promotions pop up all the time. In 2015, the price drop after final payment was huge. We a CC cabin. A guarantee suite was only $300.00 more total (150 per person) so of course we upgraded immediately. I was so nervous as was approx 3 weeks before our sailing but all worked out.Within 3 days of making the change we had our new cabin assignment....an aft sky suite. we also got to keep our perks. This was quite some work as the first two celebrity reps said I would lose our perks and the last person I spoke with let us keep the perks with the suite guarantee...we were really fortunate.

Also, Sky and celebrity suites do not get the premium drink package unless booked with promo of four free perks. Signature Suite (on reflection), RS and up always get the premium drink package, unlimited dining in specialty restaurants and bar set up in cabin.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class

Happy Sailing

I'm getting a quote. We go through an international travel agency since I have a vitality rider on my life insurance and get a 50% discount on 8 nights. So I'll be able to compare and contrast once I get it back. The flights are quite pricey to Sydney as well so we'll see what wet come up with. Thanks for the feedback.

There really is no "right answer" to your question. Clearly a suite costs more....and it comes with some perks. Only you know your bank account and how much you value the perks. I think folks who travel once a year have a different view than those that take multiple trips/cruises a year....."splurging" is easier if you only do it once :)

Clearly, there is value in Luminae and the "all the perks"...the butler is a "must have for some and a who cares for others"....and so on.

We choose to slum flying to Europe....but fly business class to the far east. That's our choice...others would save the money and fly economy to Asia.

I don't think cruising in Aqua is slumming....actually on S-class we now book 1A's and dine with the peasants (who are very nice folks) and we even talk with them in the bars before/after dinner....we don't need michael's club. we try to book A1's on the M-class...blue is worth something and if you are on deck 11, you aren't right below the pool deck.

Net: do what you feel is right for YOU!

We have done verandas, Conciegre, Aqua most, and Sky Suites.

We could afford suites on every cruise but I can't stomach the prices on some cruises.

Luminae is great, the times we have been in a suite Michaels has been dead-4-6 people so we would go have a drink & then head to the Martini bar. Space is nice as is the butler & MCC.

We have a 12 night cruise booked in AQ for $6100 with the Go Best. A S2 is $13,600. For us there isn't $7500 in extra value for a S2.

We have a cruise in a S1, 14 nights with go Best for 8,500.

We have a Royal Suite booked for a 15 night repo, no perks but the RS comes with the Premium beverage package, unlimited internet & unlimited speciality dining. Price is $11,300 with the gratuties added in.

So we enjoy Suites but only when the price isn't sky high.

We just did one of those aft corner suites and we don't usually book suites but it was our 35th. It was great for a special occasion. We enjoyed our suite but have no need to do it again. I say give it a shot.

If you have the disposable income and don't mind spending it for what you've calculated to be a good enough value, when you factor in the dining and perks, then I say go for it. Only you'll know whether it's worth it or not. You won't be able to determine that unless you try it.

Remember that suites get all four perks. So the gratuities are included, the Wifi is unlimited, a $300 OBC comes with the suite, and your unlimited beverage package is premium (not Classic, as with the perk given in other categories).

Getting the 4 perks isn’t always included in suites. It depends when, where and also on the promo. I seen a price for a suite in the Tues special. I tried to book it on line and there were no perks. I called my Celebrity planner and was told that those prices don’t include the perks but they were available for an added cost that made the price more than what the suites were going for before the Tues Special.

Was also told that the 4 perks are part of a promo doesn’t always apply to all cruises.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

We went for a Sky suite on our last cruise. The extra space was nice. It started with security. A line for suites. From there, the line for Suite check in. The ship had not started boarding so we sat in the lounge chairs. Boarding started and the suite group boarded first. Directed to MC where you can leave your carry on until staterooms are available. We did prefer the Martini Bar to MC for cocktails. The bartender at MC did not know how to make my favorite! Luminae was wonderful. The service is outstanding and the food choices were great. You could also order off of the main dining room menu if you preferred one of those entrees. We really did not use the Butler service but our butler was always around and reminded us to let him know if we needed anything. Different plates of cheese/cookies/chocolate covered strawberries left in stateroom every afternoon. Reserved seating for the theater on certain nights. Disembarkation was very easy. Our luggage was in the suite area. We were ushered to a special line for suite passengers and got through customs/immigration quickly. Once outside the terminal...it all can to a screaming halt!

Is it worth double? As noted...our next cruise is not a suite but the savings covered the cruise after that one. However, it is nice to be spoiled once in a while!

Agree!

My DH loves the suite life so much he will not book anything less than a sky suite. He says he worked and saved for 40 years to enjoy our retirement and travel the world in comfort. I would say try it once and see.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Really a personal decision based on so many factors.

5 of our last 6 sailings in the last 18 months or so have been in Sky Suites or above. Would we pay double, though? No way for a S1 or S2. Luminae is nice, Michaels is OK, but for that kind of dough would book AQ, do Specialty restaurants and get even better food/service than Luminae and keep a lot in the pocket.

Yes, having a suites-only dining venue is nicer than eating in the main dining room with the masses. Service is exceptional, as is the quality of menu. Michael's Club is lovely - the pampering and personal attention can't be beat.

So, when you compare a regular cabin vs. a suite $-wise, often it comes pretty darn close. Add the MC concierge, the suites-only embarkation check-in, and a butler thrown in to boot, yes, I go for the suite whenever my pocket book allows.

THIS! When I travel solo and add up the cost of the "inclulded suite perks" to the cost of an Aqua class cabin, often, the cost is a few hundred $. Not always true, but certainly worth doing the math.

THIS! When I travel solo and add up the cost of the "inclulded suite perks" to the cost of an Aqua class cabin, often, the cost is a few hundred $. Not always true, but certainly worth doing the math.

Hi, Straughn - guess what? I travel solo, too!;)

Really a personal decision based on so many factors.

5 of our last 6 sailings in the last 18 months or so have been in Sky Suites or above. Would we pay double, though? No way for a S1 or S2. Luminae is nice, Michaels is OK, but for that kind of dough would book AQ, do Specialty restaurants and get even better food/service than Luminae and keep a lot in the pocket.

I agree with what you say here. I recently cruised in an S2 cabin. Luminae was nice, but so are the specialty restaurants and provide more variety. Michael's was dead and very lightly attended for what they referred to as events that seemed more like sale pitches for future cruises. If you have a drink package and you are good at finding quiet areas of the ship to read or relax then there's no need for Michael's. I don't see us booking another suite in the near future, but may change my mind when the newly announced suite upgrades are implemented or if X lowers the rates. At this point we prefer to book a decent cabin during an all 4 perks included special, then use our X OBC + our TA OBC to pay for every night specialty restaurants. We end up with all inclusive at a much more reasonable rate.