I don't flaunt my C&A Status

No matter where you go, there will be the rude people who pull the "Do You Know Who I Am" attitude. Then, there are also people who have more money and status than anyone would know who are super kind and gracious. I don't judge a person by their status, possessions, clothes, etc. I judge them by how they treat others.

I hate to say this, but the tone of your post gives me the impression that you resent anyone with a higher status as if it actually means something. It doesn't. My last cruise was my first cruise as a diamond member. While I enjoyed the free cocktails in the evening, nothing else changed. I was still kind to everyone I came in contact with. I still did the same things I did before. The status is a nice little perk, but it says nothing about the person.

I Agee.

I rarely bring up status unless asked or if I have a problem and my card is not visible. Loyalty matters. If you’ve spent the money and are loyal you should be acknowledged. Not fawned over. But acknowledged.

I enjoy the free beverages and a few other amenities. But I have never said here I am, treat me better. I have never jumped line at guest services. I talk to other passengers and give them tips if they are new. Stuff I wish I had known.

Treat the staff kindly and it will get you further than any status printed on your card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I Agee.

I rarely bring up status unless asked or if I have a problem and my card is not visible. Loyalty matters. If you’ve spent the money and are loyal you should be acknowledged. Not fawned over. But acknowledged.

I enjoy the free beverages and a few other amenities. But I have never said here I am, treat me better. I have never jumped line at guest services. I talk to other passengers and give them tips if they are new. Stuff I wish I had known.

Treat the staff kindly and it will get you further than any status printed on your card.

I agree with you 100% that this is key!

But being extra nice still won't get me in the DL... ;p But that's OK. I have no problems with that. maybe I'll get there someday, but I do tend to look at other cruise lines so it might take a while.

dp

BTW...I never got the impression you were ever flaunting your status/tier level. Like most of us just expressing that we enjoy and appreciate the perks that are associated with the tier level we have become by cruising with RC. If that's flaunting then I'm just as guilty. But not! :cool:

Thanks! And we both have the same thing in common. ;) We love to cruise, and appreciate being appreciated by our brand of choice! :)

I Agee.

Perfectly said and wouldn't it be great if everyone had the same attitude.

Thanks.My niece knows all the best places in Newcastle,we tend to frequent the restaurants in Newcastle.

London is 250 miles away.

Ahh...nice! Still on our ever growing bucket list. Those longer trips have to wait until my dear little fur faced baby travels into kitty cat heaven. She is the picture on my Avatar and a great cruiser in the "land yacht" (AKA motor home). :)

Ahh...nice! Still on our ever growing bucket list. Those longer trips have to wait until my dear little fur faced baby travels into kitty cat heaven. She is the picture on my Avatar and a great cruiser in the "land yacht" (AKA motor home). :)

Cute cat.I had a black Persian cat for 12 years at my late mam and dads before i got married.

A thread of hundreds of replies of no one flaunting their status leaves a gaping hole for me on my next cruise to flaunt status for the first time as an experiment and see what happens...

So what's your game plan? This could be a very revealing experiment.

I would not do anything around staff or officers. You need to search out newbies and "play with them" Anxious to hear your thoughts.

So what's your game plan? This could be a very revealing experiment.

I would not do anything around staff or officers. You need to search out newbies and "play with them" Anxious to hear your thoughts.

Step 1:

Have shirts made that say the following:

Move over, I am Diamond / Muevete, soy un Diamante

Diamond Plus is Really Pinnacle Minus

Pinnacles are made of Tanzanite, but a Diamond is a Diamond.

Seriously though, you are right. I'll search out some newbies and adopt them for the weekend. They'll do what we do. We'll just sneak them into the DL under the auspices of the RCI mid-upper tier adopt a cruiser program. We'll introduce our Diamonds In Training prominently wherever we go and key them in to the good life with insider tips like order two appetizers in the dining room, fire doors are to stop fires not Diamonds, use the Captains Corner to berate the master of the ship over the lack of flaming baked Alaska parades (true Diamonds know that's the BEST time),and force them to watch us exchange our virtual coupons for an 8 x 10 photo of our choice (already printed in gallery) so they know the good life is coming

You may not do anything around staff or officers, but I'll Diamond my way right to driving the ship:D:D

Step 1:

Seriously though, you are right. I'll search out some newbies and adopt them for the weekend. They'll do what we do. We'll just sneak them into the DL under the auspices of the RCI mid-upper tier adopt a cruiser program. We'll introduce our Diamonds In Training prominently wherever we go and key them in to the good life with insider tips like order two appetizers in the dining room, fire doors are to stop fires not Diamonds, use the Captains Corner to berate the master of the ship over the lack of flaming baked Alaska parades (true Diamonds know that's the BEST time),and force them to watch us exchange our virtual coupons for an 8 x 10 photo of our choice (already printed in gallery) so they know the good life is coming

You may not do anything around staff or officers, but I'll Diamond my way right to driving the ship:D:D

That should be your shirt "Fire doors are to stop fires not Diamonds"

Can I flaunt my status if I'm Gold? Shirts could include

I'm just an old lump of gold, but I'm gonna be a diamond some day

Diamond in 57 sea days or 15 Years

Rise up Gold's! Tonight we storm the DL!

GOLD Status - All you have to do is ask

Proud to be GOLD - if your on the ship and reading this shirt, you're GOLD Too!

GOLD Status - I pay for my perks!

GOLD with Money > Pinnacle

Step 1:

Have shirts made that say the following:

Move over, I am Diamond / Muevete, soy un Diamante

Diamond Plus is Really Pinnacle Minus

Pinnacles are made of Tanzanite, but a Diamond is a Diamond.

Please take notes. This will make a very interesting twist on a review :cool: Looking forward to reading, This will be fun!!

That should be your shirt "Fire doors are to stop fires not Diamonds"

Can I flaunt my status if I'm Gold? Shirts could include

I'm just an old lump of gold, but I'm gonna be a diamond some day

Diamond in 57 sea days or 15 Years

Rise up Gold's! Tonight we storm the DL!

GOLD Status - All you have to do is ask

Proud to be GOLD - if your on the ship and reading this shirt, you're GOLD Too!

GOLD Status - I pay for my perks!

GOLD with Money > Pinnacle

Very witty, but don't forget that you have two more levels to obtain, Platinium and Emerald!;p Oh I remember way back when...........you got a free meal at Johnny Rockets at lowely gold, now Diamonds just get a milkshake!:loudcry: I think anyway, didn't use it last cruise.

Very witty, but don't forget that you have two more levels to obtain, Platinium and Emerald!;p Oh I remember way back when...........you got a free meal at Johnny Rockets at lowely gold, now Diamonds just get a milkshake!:loudcry: I think anyway, didn't use it last cruise.

I've been gold so long I went from getting the free meal to the free shake from one cruise to the next. Kind of like when they changed the SAT scoring and I got dumber with the same score.

Watch out Platinum only 1 more day. Then I'll be going to breakfast in my Robe and Lapel Pin. Styling and Profiling.

If I do a back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back I can go from Gold to Diamond in one hop.

I've been gold so long I went from getting the free meal to the free shake from one cruise to the next. Kind of like when they changed the SAT scoring and I got dumber with the same score.

Watch out Platinum only 1 more day. Then I'll be going to breakfast in my Robe and Lapel Pin. Styling and Profiling.

If I do a back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back I can go from Gold to Diamond in one hop.[/

Advice...........no robe!!! Don't care what level you are!! Cabin ONLY!!:o