I don't flaunt my C&A Status

I was on the Oasis about a year ago. We were at muster drill, muster drill and this man was already complaining about some nonsense. He said "the staff here don't understand they work for me god damn it." Not matter what the status some people are just jerks.

Unless he was the captain or undercover boss.

I was on the Oasis about a year ago. We were at muster drill, muster drill and this man was already complaining about some nonsense. He said "the staff here don't understand they work for me god damn it." Not matter what the status some people are just jerks.

I would guess "The Big Bossman" never read the cruise contract

a. Compliance Obligation Generally. Passenger shall at all times comply with theprovisions of this Agreement, all applicable laws, and rules, policies and regulationsof the Carrier, the Vessel and the Transport (as the same may be changed fromtime to time with or without notice).

Having problems with WiFi. Please forgive me if this has been posted before.

We will be Diamond after completing our Nov 11 cruise. Can we use the Diamond Lounge to wait for disembarking?

Not likely. They don't recognize your new status until the next cruise.

We will be Diamond after completing our Nov 11 cruise. Can we use the Diamond Lounge to wait for disembarking?

Wait, really? That's surprising. If you qualify for a new status during a cruise on Carnival, your sign & sail card reflects it and you get the perks on Day 1.

Wait, really? That's surprising. If you qualify for a new status during a cruise on Carnival, your sign & sail card reflects it and you get the perks on Day 1.

Not policy on RCI. You get credit when your cruise is completed. I'm sure that saves tons of exception requests for Guest Services or the Loyalty Ambassadors....

My Father and I are almost Diamond and when we sail we are some of the nicest people around who loves to socialize.

To me it does not matter if we are Gold or Emerald just that we are having a fun time and socializing with the right people.

I have never used status to get us better service. I figure the agent at the front desk or MDR can see our status on our SeaPass Card.

Whenver there is a problem I hand over the SeaPass card and they say"Thank You for being a loyal guest let me see what I can do".

I have seen these people rush up to the front of the line yelling and flashing their SeaPass Card saying" Were Diamond Were Diamond+ and we need you to fix this now. I don't care about the line.

I would never fathom to do this. The cruiseline knows who is a good customer. If we have an issue we bring it up to the front desk who notates the account and we then allow them to rectify the situation.

We also leave feedback wih corporate an they have helped us. You see its the way you give feedback.

Once I got the chance to speak with the Head of Guest Relations about the smoking policy not being enforced. He agreed with me and took it upon himself to get it resolved.

If you don't speak up how can they read your mind if you are having a problem?

The same goes for flying in First Class. I am gracious to the flight attendants and they have commented how nice the man in seat 1A is and offered me better service. Wherever i go I try to be gracious and understading.

What are your views on this? It doesn't get you extra brownie points to cut in front of line unless you have a life threatening emergency and flaunt your status. I am sure the front desk agents talk durirng their breaks about these kind of entitled guests.

You just did we don’t need to know your status

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...and I'll bet your sister and her new husband won't/don't "flaunt" how he became Diamond either. ;)

Nope, he is definitely one that would never flaunt...or even realize what a Diamond is for that matter. ;)

He just follows my sister's lead....good boy! ;p:D

Your points that will reflect your Diamond status will not be posted until 8-10 days after your completed cruise.

I just look at it this way: It makes the next cruise you will be on that much

sweeter and more anticipated. :) Enjoy your new perks level!

I believe I answered iuki's question correctly when I said possibily. Iuki said "after" and not "during" leading me to believe that they knew their statis would change at their NEXT cruise and asking if the lounge would be available to them on that cruise for disembarking not the Nov. 11th one.

He just sounds very young in his posts. He travels with his dad. I had him on ignore for a while, because he is a little embarrassing for a northern Californian. But I think travelplus is harmless, and there is really no need to respond to him if you look at his past posts. :D:):D

Travelling with parents doesn't equate young ;) Hubby and I and our nearly 11yo son cruise with my inlaws and hubby's aunt. We are 45 :D

Yep we are 2 days short of switching to Emerald. Our next cruise is 12 nights on Anthem Dec 2. We will be sailing as Platinum

No, since the completion of your 11 November cruise you are still emerald and will not be officially diamond. Completion of future cruises, yes. "Island Lady" said it well in her post #542.

No, since the completion of your 11 November cruise you are still emerald and will not be officially diamond. Completion of future cruises, yes. "Island Lady" said it well in her post #542.

Thanks!! It indeed makes that next cruise more exciting! Like waiting to open your Christmas presents on Christmas day! ;):D

Different cruise line...different rules.

Sure, I can definitely see that now.

It just seems like it wouldn't cost Royal THAT much more to grant one's new status during the qualifying cruise, and it would (to borrow a hackneyed phrase) "enhance the customer experience." :)

But hey, it's apparently not that big a deal to most. It will be a while before my next upgrade on Royal and at least I'll know not to expect it too early.

I'm just glad they credit my account for a charter booking...then again, for the price WE pay.... :eek: