I don't flaunt my C&A Status

Agree, there’s no such thing as a free lunch or free drink. But, because all the lines have loyalty programs, RCCL has to have one too - the cost of these programs is built in to the cost that all cruisers bear, including new cruisers.

Since we agree that nothing is free, I’m surprised that you would advocate for things that would cost all cruisers more to pay for in the end. Bigger fare discounts come straight off the bottom line, which in turn go right back to the top line.

RCCL does have purchasing power - in particular they get their booze cheaper than you or I. When they give away something with a higher margin (like booze), we feel like we’re getting more even though it costs them much less. I realize in the end profits are profits, but the fixed cost/variable cost thing is a very real deal in the mind of most accountants. So I wouldn’t look for them to be giving away more on the fixed cost side when RCCL’s discounts for higher tiers are already higher than their competitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree they give us what we perceive is a lot with a small cost to them.Well done RC.

But you do. When you hit each status level you get a discount on a cabin with a balcony.

Per your analogy it is like getting a store loyalty perk. For example pet store diamond members get 2 free dog biscuits on your next visit. But when you get to store you would rather have free cat collar instead. Reason being you do not have a dog so have no use for biscuits. Then you go on a internet board to tell everyone that the perk of free dog biscuits is horrible and want something else. You get a lot of replies that loyalty members love that perk. They also tell you if you don't like that perk to SHOP at another store if you don't like the perk offered.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mind give him his due,we all agree he is wrong and he is keeping this thread going.

Yep you have every right to travel any line and to point out differences. So how about living up to it? Point out the differences and the loyalty programms giving better perks.

Dude, you are missing some big points.

C&A is a loyalty programm and not some cash reward or cash back programm.

RCI is after building brand loyalty and not after giving you money back.

Well actually RCI has some cash built into C&A already with the balcony discount, but anyway.

Despite your displeasure RCI seems to be doing quite well with their approach. While I can´t proove it, I´m pretty sure C&A is way more succesful the way it is in building brand loyalty, than making it a simple cash reward system.

Loyalty is an emotion and it does not build up with cash.

Those perks given right now are much less in cost than a cash reward would be. We all know nothing is free and every perk, be it cash back or a picture will be included in everybodies cruise fare.

When you ask why I don´t want to see more cashback for you, I´m happy to answer.

As others have pointed out the perks given now are not much in cost, while every cashback is at a face value cost. And as a cruiser I don´t want these added to my cruise fare, while at the same time the elimination of current perks would not lower my fare at all. In addition as a stockholder I´m happy with their business practices and again I don´t want any further cashback given.

Another very sensible reply.

And those of us who don't drink or travel Balcony or above are quite amused by the back and forth about status and such, very funny first world problems.

There is much more to the loyalty status than just drink and balcony discounts.

Free Bridge tours, specialty restaurant breakfasts, priority embarking,petit fours in cabins, welcome back partys etc to name just a few.

I haven't experienced anyone 'flaunting' their loyalty level on a cruise ship. If they did, I'd assume they had very little else going on in their life.

I always look at the letter in my cabin to see what is offered for my tier on the cruise. Most are buying incentives as BOGO or a % off as I'm on a lower tier, but if it is something I'd usually buy anyway, I'm happy to use the discount.

Destination (#1) and then good service and an overall good experience are most important to me in deciding whether to return.

I guess every single topic discussed on a cruise message board is a first world problem.

Yup, that is what happens when the topic of the internet site is multi-million dollar cruise ships and the people who spend thousands of dollars to sail on them.

There is much more to the loyalty status than just drink and balcony discounts.

Free Bridge tours, specialty restaurant breakfasts, priority embarking,petit fours in cabins, welcome back partys etc to name just a few.

I will add to that..

Free photos, free laundry, free internet, half off specialty restaurants, etc....these are all things I no longer have to pay for. Gosh...just awful. :')

I will add to that..

Free photos, free laundry, free internet, half off specialty restaurants, etc....these are all things I no longer have to pay for. Gosh...just awful. :')

I hope Oceansaway17 is reading yours and my post and agrees there is much more to the loyalty program than the free drinks he so loathes.

Well, as well as being a GOLDMEMBER in good standing with RCI, I'm also an "Executive" member at Costco. How's that for STATUS! With all the perks that comes with it.

;p

dp

WOW!!! All that and national health care, you got it made in the shade.

I hope Oceansaway17 is reading yours and my post and agrees there is much more to the loyalty program than the free drinks he so loathes.

The other thing that was funny was his comment about the "watered down drinks". Huh? He stated he does not drink...how would he know they are watered down? ;) My Gin & T is almost always too strong! We end up just doing wine most of the time! :wine-glass:

The other thing that was funny was his comment about the "watered down drinks". Huh? He stated he does not drink...how would he know they are watered down? ;) My Gin & T is almost always too strong! We end up just doing wine most of the time! :wine-glass:

BTW...I never got the impression you were ever flaunting your status/tier level. Like most of us just expressing that we enjoy and appreciate the perks that are associated with the tier level we have become by cruising with RC. If that's flaunting then I'm just as guilty. But not! :cool:

BTW...I never got the impression you were ever flaunting your status/tier level. Like most of us just expressing that we enjoy and appreciate the perks that are associated with the tier level we have become by cruising with RC. If that's flaunting then I'm just as guilty. But not! :cool:

Same here.......for sure.

I'll FLAUNT my STATUS!

Champbord Information

Crown & Anchor

Member Status:

Membership # : 123456789

Level: Gold

Completed Cruise Points: 8

What do I get for this???

Y'all think they will load a coupon for Free onion rings at Johnny Rockets on my account????

hahahahahhahahaha!

Wow, I have twice as many points as you, I should get two coupons.

I'll FLAUNT my STATUS!

Champbord Information

Crown & Anchor

Member Status:

Membership # : 123456789

Level: Gold

Completed Cruise Points: 8

What do I get for this???

Y'all think they will load a coupon for Free onion rings at Johnny Rockets on my account????

hahahahahhahahaha!

Here you go sir. Here are your onion rings worth of your Cruise Points ;p

onion-rings-and-remoulade.jpg

The dip is extra and will be charged to your Seapass card. Oh... and plus 18% Grats.

:D