I don't flaunt my C&A Status

It's pretty simple. If you don't like the way the perks are handled at various levels achieved...don't use them. ;) Me, I appreciate and use them to save a lot of money...yes...I said money! Less out of my pocket for the things I enjoy. :cool:

And if the whole set up is something you don't like...you don't have to cruise.

There are other vacation venues. ;)

It is just an opinion do Calm down. My you must need a drink right NOW. You certainly are defensive.

But it would be interesting to see how much money you do give back to RCI when cashing in those perks.

You may not brag (which is the original OP subject) but you appear to think the perks are the next best thing to bread.

Some of us would like something different and that is my point. I have every right to travel any line and I do. But I am not afraid to point out differences either.

I hear ya. My point is the perks can lead to a variety of attitudes and actions

For me the cruiselines has created this and now see the comments.

Those who do not drink would prefer just a good price on next cruise and skip the so called perks that really in the end benefits the cruise line not the traveller.

We drink very little but in the UK RC have dropped a free drinks package onto us and stuck the prices up to pay for it.

It's pretty simple. If you don't like the way the perks are handled at various levels achieved...don't use them. ;) Me, I appreciate and use them to save a lot of money...yes...I said money! Less out of my pocket for the things I enjoy. :cool:

And if the whole set up is something you don't like...you don't have to cruise.

There are other vacation venues. ;)

I heard theres some good monastery tours.

It is just an opinion do Calm down. My you must need a drink right NOW. You certainly are defensive.

But it would be interesting to see how much money you do give back to RCI when cashing in those perks.

You may not brag (which is the original OP subject) but you appear to think the perks are the next best thing to bread.

Some of us would like something different and that is my point. I have every right to travel any line and I do. But I am not afraid to point out differences either.

So you want to do away with perks WE enjoy and make up your own??:')

They are better than bread.

Just as well you don't go into the DL you will be talking us all into going to AA lol.

You sound like our church priest, although come to think of it he likes a beer.

Can you explain your premise on giving money back please. Bella doesn't understand.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

52ff1ec056c2635a1016399e5eeae110.jpg

Who besides you?

I love the perks we receive but I’m always uncomfortable when people refer to the levels as “status” since, IMO, it insinuates a higher level of importance. We’ve spent a lot of money to receive D+ perks so basically we’ve bought these perks, not earned or achieved them. And there is certainly not anything “special” about us, I don’t consider my “status” to be any higher than the first time cruiser.

I just get to drink for free!

Sherri:)

I agree that perks are just something that we buy and pay for. However, I am not at all sure that Royal Caribbean agrees. Just observe the way they applaud the person with the most points at any top tier event. That person too only has all those points because he or she paid for them. For that matter, cruisers in "Star Class" are also there because they paid to be there.

Nevertheless, for the cruise line, the issue is not so much the amount we pay for cruises but brand loyalty. I too am Diamond Plus but I would be Pinnacle if all my cruises had been with Royal instead of having been split among 6 different cruise lines. For the cruise line, the real purpose of C&A tiers is to encourage cruisers to stick with Royal Caribbean rather than experiencing several different cruise lines.

I agree that perks are just something that we buy and pay for. However, I am not at all sure that Royal Caribbean agrees. Just observe the way they applaud the person with the most points at any top tier event. That person too only has all those points because he or she paid for them. For that matter, cruisers in "Star Class" are also there because they paid to be there.

Nevertheless, for the cruise line, the issue is not so much the amount we pay for cruises but brand loyalty. I too am Diamond Plus but I would be Pinnacle if all my cruises had been with Royal instead of having been split among 6 different cruise lines. For the cruise line, the real purpose of C&A tiers is to encourage cruisers to stick with Royal Caribbean rather than experiencing several different cruise lines.

Very valid point and RC do it better than most.

The more I read this thread, the more the perception becomes that there are some stuck up, conceited, arrogant, and condescending people in some of these upper C&A tiers.

I've achieved some status in my brand loyalties. Mostly in the hotel and airline industry.

However, I try very hard to not forget where I came from. I've stayed in that run down roadside motel. I've sat in the back of the plane and sometimes even the bus. I've cruised in that interior cabin with 5 people.

I get the impression that some people were either born into these upper tiers, or feel entitled to these upper tiers. These are probably some of the same people who complain about millennials.

Recognizing brand loyalty is one thing. Creating class separation is another.

The more I read this thread, the more the perception becomes that there are some stuck up, conceited, arrogant, and condescending people in some of these upper C&A tiers.

I've achieved some status in my brand loyalties. Mostly in the hotel and airline industry.

However, I try very hard to not forget where I came from. I've stayed in that run down roadside motel. I've sat in the back of the plane and sometimes even the bus. I've cruised in that interior cabin with 5 people.

I get the impression that some people were either born into these upper tiers, or feel entitled to these upper tiers. These are probably some of the same people who complain about millennials.

I totally agree with you. I accept the status I have earned though loyalty programs with gratitude and I enjoy them , but I don’t flaunt them, why would I need to.

Can you explain your premise on giving money back please. Bella doesn't understand.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

52ff1ec056c2635a1016399e5eeae110.jpg

Really using a doggie which is cute so let me try.

Hey doggie here is a coupon for 2 free dog biscuits at you favorite store. So off you go with your master.

Master leaves the store with over 50 dollars of stuff coz he is some loving the perk.

It is just what the store was hoping you would.

Touche!! Best reply yet.

And some of the folks on CC boards have been on a long time and they know each other.

They dont like differing opinions on Crown points.

Touche!! Best reply yet.

And some of the folks on CC boards have been on a long time and they know each other.

They dont like differing opinions on Crown points.

All most of us are saying is we enjoy the perks like the DL,CL,SL,free drinks etc,if people think that is flaunting i think they have an inferiority complex when really in 6x14 night cruises in a cheaper inside cabin they can join us.

The only time I've seen or heard people flaunting their status was in the Concierge Lounge. We are diamond plus and generally although we play nice with the Pinnacles....sometimes...very occasionally.... we will overhear some of them flagrantly flaunting! My husband and I just smile and take it all with a grain of salt...and another cocktail.

This thread has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

There is some confusion about people flaunting their status vs the people who enjoy and appreciate the perks given them for continuing to cruise with Royal.

I like others like the little things Royal does for repeat cruisers. I also understand they are not giving away the store. Remember the 3 expensive drinks to us that are given to us free each night do not cost Royal the same dollars that they charge. Even the cans of cokes and bottles of water are inexpensive gifts.

On the mega ships there are a lot of staterooms to fill and most of the rooms are balconies. It's good marketing to offer discounts to their repeat customers to encouraging them to make their next cruise on a Royal ship. After all there is a lot of competition in the industry for a limited number of cruise lovers.

Agree, there’s no such thing as a free lunch or free drink. But, because all the lines have loyalty programs, RCCL has to have one too - the cost of these programs is built in to the cost that all cruisers bear, including new cruisers.

Since we agree that nothing is free, I’m surprised that you would advocate for things that would cost all cruisers more to pay for in the end. Bigger fare discounts come straight off the bottom line, which in turn go right back to the top line.

RCCL does have purchasing power - in particular they get their booze cheaper than you or I. When they give away something with a higher margin (like booze), we feel like we’re getting more even though it costs them much less. I realize in the end profits are profits, but the fixed cost/variable cost thing is a very real deal in the mind of most accountants. So I wouldn’t look for them to be giving away more on the fixed cost side when RCCL’s discounts for higher tiers are already higher than their competitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree they give us what we perceive is a lot with a small cost to them.Well done RC.