I think this is my last RCI cruise

coaster

I understand some frustration with prices of these items on the rise, but why not choose your future cruises on an estimate of overall cost, considering the fluctuation of the prices from week to week? One line with lower beer price may not have a competitive overall price at a given moment, right?

Not surprised at the "OK Bye" replies, but nevertheless such twaddle disappoints.

I think Royal is still the best . That's my experience.. but in general I have seen the cruise industry cut corners. No line is perfect but Royal is closest to. You do realize your in a city in the middle of the ocean right, they gotta make you revenue somehow .. lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Spend a week on Royal Caribbean with no air-conditioning and no attention to the matter. Talk about ready to jump ship. MSC is a well-kept secret not only for service, but food and entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're just feeling "meh" about a cruise line, you definitely should try others. Sometimes just comparing the different products gives you a different appreciation for each one.

My husband and I had a TERRIBLE, awful, no good, very bad cruise on NCL 20 years ago. He refused to go back. I went on NCL in April 2017 on an 11 night Med cruise with my best friend, and it was totally amazing. Hubby has now agreed to a 7 night Caribbean on NCL in 2018.

We cruise on RCCL, HAL, Princess, (now) NCL, and Celebrity. We go with the best itinerary/price combination leaning in favor of RCCL because of our Diamond Plus status.

Whatever you choose, enjoy!!!

Were you on the NCL Spirit? April/May 17 Venice to Barcelona?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is truly amazing how in just 2-3 years a can of soda has risen to 3.95 plus grat . Double what Carnival charges. Wife had a mixed drink and it was $14. Glad we do not cruise too drink. We were on the Allure in May and the Splendor in Sept.

Do you think $3.95 + grats. is bad, when we had lunch in Capri in early Sept. we were charged E6 for a smaller diet Coke can + grats. of 15%. On a good sale in Shot Rite here in NJ, I can get almost 3 cases or 36 cans.

I am just tired of Royal now. Booked cruise next month before extra charges for room service was implemented.

Drink prices are lower on HAL and the defunct Fathom line that had drink prices similar to their parent Carnival. Not interested in drink packages as I don't want to drink an excessive amount to 'get my money's worth'. Only drink beer and it would be a stretch to drink $44 worth a beer a day especially on days the ship is in port. Food is decent on Royal, but no better than the competition.

Not trying to be nasty or negative, but I don't understand how Royal charges extra for room service and a higher price for alcoholic drinks than other lines that are in the same mass market segment of the cruise industry.

Thank you for your honesty. :)

I am just tired of Royal now. Booked cruise next month before extra charges for room service was implemented.

Drink prices are lower on HAL and the defunct Fathom line that had drink prices similar to their parent Carnival. Not interested in drink packages as I don't want to drink an excessive amount to 'get my money's worth'. Only drink beer and it would be a stretch to drink $44 worth a beer a day especially on days the ship is in port. Food is decent on Royal, but no better than the competition.

Not trying to be nasty or negative, but I don't understand how Royal charges extra for room service and a higher price for alcoholic drinks than other lines that are in the same mass market segment of the cruise industry.

If drinking is a major priority...more than likely Carnival will welcome you with open arms. Then again, their food comes along for that ride. In the mean time, good luck on your future sailing.

People change lines for lots of reasons , I like switching once in a while Hal has good points, entertainment is not one of them, RCCL is my favorite but if I got a good deal I would do Hal or Princess or MSC but most likely would return to RCCL (only line I would not do again is NCL)

Spend a week on Royal Caribbean with no air-conditioning and no attention to the matter. Talk about ready to jump ship. MSC is a well-kept secret not only for service, but food and entertainment.

First MSC is no more a secret and have done both lines and although I would go back on MSC especially the new Seaside....

I would not qualify them as best in service,food and entertainment. They are a good value and getting better for sure but still not up there with the big ones.

Eric

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've always had drink packages but our March,2019, cruise on FOS we're going to skip it and buy ala carte. The idea being a little cost study since it's a 7 night with only 1 sea day. We'll then compare it with our March, 2018, which is a 7 night with drink package and 4 sea days. I'll be back in March, 2019, with the results.

All those complaining of the drink prices, have you really looked at the drink prices in your local restaurants? $12 - $15 for a drink is not unusual.

Yes, their prices are higher than you pay at the liquor store and make yourself, but that is true of ANY venue. Alcohol is a MAJOR profit center.

Also, RCI has a number of drinks under $10. Check the menus posted in other threads.

Not comparing drink price packages. The price per drink is my point. I am a beer drinker only, and Royal's package includes all types of drinks with liquor that I have no interest in.

On the $3 beer of the day, do you really switch beers everyday? As a beer drinker, seems a bit odd to me.

I've never understood the need to announce your departure. It just seems like you're begging for someone to convince you to stay. (That photo is funny, too!)

No one is shackling you to any cruise line. Go wherever you want AND THEN post about your experience there.

There is zero need to post about what you're NOT DOING. Just post about what you ARE DOING NOW.

FYI, I'm not doing a lot of things today. I'm not doing billions of things compared to the relatively few things I am doing.

I get that people are bothered by nickel and diming. For some, I'm sure that the financial implications are real. For many though, it's probably more of an emotional thing, with the room service cost being the straw that broke the camels back. I'm with Biker. If you do the math and figure the total cost impact, room service fees or paying an extra couple of dollars for a beer is a small % of the total trip cost. Figure this cost in when planning your vacation and decide if it's worth it or not. If not, look elsewhere.

Not comparing drink price packages. The price per drink is my point. I am a beer drinker only, and Royal's package includes all types of drinks with liquor that I have no interest in.

RCI used to have a Select package for wine and beer. My husband liked it for wine mostly, but they did away with it.

I get that people are bothered by nickel and diming. For some, I'm sure that the financial implications are real. For many though, it's probably more of an emotional thing, with the room service cost being the straw that broke the camels back. I'm with Biker. If you do the math and figure the total cost impact, room service fees or paying an extra couple of dollars for a beer is a small % of the total trip cost. Figure this cost in when planning your vacation and decide if it's worth it or not. If not, look elsewhere.

Agreed

aw yes I have heard that MSC is on the rise. and Carnival too.

No ac would bother me too.

I do think if someone is in a Scooter and has limited mobility it should go on their seapass card that they get free room service. Especially if they have a doctors note.

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with the OP sharing their feelings about RCI or any other cruise line on this here "social" site about CRUISING.

I'm only posting to say that, regarding the room service charges, the $7.95 per room order charge has been in effect for awhile now. I tried it in August on Harmony and it was really worth it. The food was really tasty.

Just my opinion on the room service.