I think this is my last RCI cruise

coaster

aw yes I have heard that MSC is on the rise. and Carnival too.

No ac would bother me too.

I do think if someone is in a Scooter and has limited mobility it should go on their seapass card that they get free room service. Especially if they have a doctors note.

While I am sorry that somebody has limited mobility, why does that mean that a company needs to spend extra on that person? If the person with limited mobility makes the choice to cruise, then they make the choice of they want to stay in the room and pay for room service. I could see it if somebody got hurt onboard or through some fault of the company.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

X as in celebrity ? they are not adult only. Took my then 10 and 8 year old grands on one... unless it is specified as adult only(?), they are all family friendly on X.

True Adults Only Ships

Your safest bet if you're looking for adult cruises is to sail on a ship that doesn't allow any children onboard at all. Yes, adults only cruises do exist, but there aren't too many. P&O Cruises, a British line, keeps three ships -- Arcadia, Adonia and Oriana -- as adults only. You must be 50-plus to sail with Grand Circle Small Ship Cruises or U.K.-based Saga Holidays (though travel companions can be as young as 40). Voyages to Antiquity cruises are deemed "unsuitable for children under the age of 12," and children younger than 16 are dissuaded from cruising. You might also find lifestyle-based full-ship charters that are kid free (such as cruises for nudists or gay couples).

And then there is Viking Ocean. While not completely Adults Only they do nothing to encourage bringing children along and reserve the right to limit the number of minors under 18.

Also they don’t charge for room service and beer and wine is included at dinner and lunch times (in the bars as well as the dining venues). Their drink package is around $20 per day - it’s cheaper the longer the voyage is.

There are all sorts of options ... if you want to pay for them [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

While I am sorry that somebody has limited mobility, why does that mean that a company needs to spend extra on that person? If the person with limited mobility makes the choice to cruise, then they make the choice of they want to stay in the room and pay for room service. I could see it if somebody got hurt onboard or through some fault of the company.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

I guess you think the cruise lines shouldn’t spend the money on accessible cabins also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tampa only gets older Carnival ships which are more colorful than I like. Vista seems like a good option though. Not as tacky as other Carnival ships from the videos I have seem.

To your original post... sorry you feel that, but I think maybe a change of scenery may be helpful to you. I swore never again on NCL... (tales of assault, and lack luster security TWICE, but that is a story for another time.) but I find myself curious about their newer ships. I am not loyal to any one line, as I think the loyalty should come from the company, to continue to earn our cash... not vice versa.

Paradise out of Tampa is a nice trip. I happen to like the Fantasy class, as I have never felt crowded, service is good, and there is no theme park feel to it. Yes, the ship is old but I am looking forward to sailing her again.

Whatever you try next... good luck.

If you're just feeling "meh" about a cruise line, you definitely should try others. Sometimes just comparing the different products gives you a different appreciation for each one.

My husband and I had a TERRIBLE, awful, no good, very bad cruise on NCL 20 years ago. He refused to go back. I went on NCL in April 2017 on an 11 night Med cruise with my best friend, and it was totally amazing. Hubby has now agreed to a 7 night Caribbean on NCL in 2018.

We cruise on RCCL, HAL, Princess, (now) NCL, and Celebrity. We go with the best itinerary/price combination leaning in favor of RCCL because of our Diamond Plus status.

Whatever you choose, enjoy!!!

Suggest you give MSC a try as their status match gives diamond plus a black card in their Voyagers club, the highest, we have booked Magnifica next year for this reason

I read the Royal posts religiously. That being said, one person opinion generally has no effect on me. Likes, dislikes, there is a reason that there are Fords, Chevys, etc. I read this original post and closed it out. Then I came back to it. To the O.P.’er, I will not flame, criticize you or anything of the sort. Your opinion is valid for your case. I just have one question. Why choose this forum (a place where people obviously like Royal) to tell the Cruise Critic world that you are done with their product? Choice is personal. I’m sure you don’t care to hear my religious, political views. They are not germane to this forum. You leaving Royal is okay with me. I wish you well and oh yes...if you find the perfect line, at your price and your liking, let me know. For now, I’ll do what pleases me.

Jeeze, this is a tough crowd. My last cruise was in may on the Anthem. I bought the drink package. All was good. Lately I have been going thru my TA on cruises that include drinks. And yes, the price of the ticket is higher than without the drink package. We loved RCI, but due to the great deals out there, we have found that sometimes other lines are a better deal money wise. For us it's not always the destination, but the journey. Being onboard the ship is a vacation in itself. We checked out RCI in december and found some fairly decent prices, but when we went to NCL, we found and booked a 7 day balcony for $899, free drink package, $50 loyalty, $100 OBC and $25 military discount. We did have to pay a $100 surcharge for the drink package. All in all I think its what you feel is best for you and not anyone else.

I read the Royal posts religiously. That being said, one person opinion generally has no effect on me. Likes, dislikes, there is a reason that there are Fords, Chevys, etc. I read this original post and closed it out. Then I came back to it. To the O.P.’er, I will not flame, criticize you or anything of the sort. Your opinion is valid for your case. I just have one question. Why choose this forum (a place where people obviously like Royal) to tell the Cruise Critic world that you are done with their product?

I think the opposite. This seems like a highly appropriate

place to say one is calling it quits with the line. An online community is a sort of community, and if one doesn't wish to simply vanish, that seems natural.

I've never understood the need to announce your departure. It just seems like you're begging for someone to convince you to stay. (That photo is funny, too!)

No one is shackling you to any cruise line. Go wherever you want AND THEN post about your experience there.

There is zero need to post about what you're NOT DOING. Just post about what you ARE DOING NOW.

FYI, I'm not doing a lot of things today. I'm not doing billions of things compared to the relatively few things I am doing.

If you write post B to say that post A has no reason to exist, I'm not sure if your post B has any more reason to exist than A. That is, IF you are correct.

(My C is reasonable because it doesn't deny A or B...;))

I read the Royal posts religiously. That being said, one person opinion generally has no effect on me. Likes, dislikes, there is a reason that there are Fords, Chevys, etc. I read this original post and closed it out. Then I came back to it. To the O.P.’er, I will not flame, criticize you or anything of the sort. Your opinion is valid for your case. I just have one question. Why choose this forum (a place where people obviously like Royal) to tell the Cruise Critic world that you are done with their product? Choice is personal. I’m sure you don’t care to hear my religious, political views. They are not germane to this forum. You leaving Royal is okay with me. I wish you well and oh yes...if you find the perfect line, at your price and your liking, let me know. For now, I’ll do what pleases me.

I actually appreciate hearing what people don't like about RCI and how it compares to other lines. You are correct, one person's opinions don't have a big impact. But many people's opinions can. The times that I pretty much write off someone else's opinion is when they try to make their opinions mine. For example, awhile ago there was a thread titled something like... "I'm leaving Royal and you should too." Well, don't tell what I should do. Tell me why you are leaving and I'll judge for myself if your concern is relevant to me.

I am just tired of Royal now. Booked cruise next month before extra charges for room service was implemented.

Drink prices are lower on HAL and the defunct Fathom line that had drink prices similar to their parent Carnival. Not interested in drink packages as I don't want to drink an excessive amount to 'get my money's worth'. Only drink beer and it would be a stretch to drink $44 worth a beer a day especially on days the ship is in port. Food is decent on Royal, but no better than the competition.

Not trying to be nasty or negative, but I don't understand how Royal charges extra for room service and a higher price for alcoholic drinks than other lines that are in the same mass market segment of the cruise industry.

I can understand your frustration. I have little brand loyalty in my life so I tend to shop around and book by price and intinerary. Cocktails are overpriced on all cruise lines. DH and I took NCL to Alaska and got buckets of beer and for a cruise, I remember thinking it was reasonably priced. I take the good on cruise lines and ignore what I can't change. Things are constantly changing so I'm not surprised that free room service is going by the wayside.

If you write post B to say that post A has no reason to exist, I'm not sure if your post B has any more reason to exist than A. That is, IF you are correct.

(My C is reasonable because it doesn't deny A or B...;))

Mine is a general commentary on these type of threads where people ANNOUNCE what they do not wish to do.

"I will not be eating a grilled cheese sandwich today, nor will I ever eat them again!" doesn't provide anyone any real info.

However, since post A already existed, any post after it is thus validated. Your weird logic that your post about my post being more valid is just odd.

Many things I wish for. Like a beer for $6.50. It's expensive on the ship, so I wish it was cheaper. But than I go to a local watering whole, and Pay $6.00 - $7.00 for a beer.

I agree it is high, but yet I keep spending the money. In the pub, it is not just the beer, but the rent, equipment, staff, AC, lights....and so on that I just paid for. So I guess on the ship, it is the same thing. If you lower the price of the services, than the price must be made up someplace, like in the cruise fair. That's what NCL does. Free booze, but yet the cost of the trip is more.

So we can complain, but in the end, it is still a choice.

Not trying to be nasty or negative, but I don't understand how Royal charges extra for room service and a higher price for alcoholic drinks than other lines that are in the same mass market segment of the cruise industry.

The same reason certain restaurants can and do charge more for drinks, and why some hotels cost more than others... They may be in the same market, but they are not the same product.

What are we supposed to say? You posted an OP full of statements. No questions at all. Your title was basically that you're leaving Royal Caribbean. Bye sounds like a perfectly valid response to a stranger coming into somewhere you really like and rattling off a paragraph about why they don't like it and won't be coming back.

Like, um, okay, bye?

That was a bit harsh. I think he was looking for feedback and probably does not have as much sticker shock after the details from the other posters.