Ice

flamingogal75

First cruise and I have a several questions so please bear with me. I won't lump them into one. We are sailing on the Regal Princess, and I generally get some ice water before I retire. I believe there is a little fridge in the room, but these usually don't have a freezer. Is there an ice machine on each deck? Would it be by the laundry room?

There is no ice machine available for passengers. But the answer is even easier than going to an ice machine. When you first meet your room steward, ask him/her to fill your ice bucket every day. To keep the ice longer, you can put the ice bucket in the fridge in your room.

I have another ice question.... because, while we have cruised Princess several times (Husband is Platinum) I just do not remember.

On our last cruise, our cabin was near the International Cafe, where they use the mid-sized block cubed ice in order to make the drinks. I just LOVED this! Didn't even have to ask our great room stewardess... Always a cold fresh ice-bucket of these great ice-cubes.

Were we just lucky, getting better ice from the IC??? Is the ice usually not those good ice cubes?

Thanks!

PS: Flamingo, drink GOOD (clean) water!!! You are worth it!!! : )

We do order the Bottled Spring Water... And, will have the Beverage Package for the first time on our next cruise.

You will love cruising. It is different than most hotels, in that with the very small cabins... the room stewards (good ones!) are in and out ALL day.... It is like they know you left... your room will be freshened up, used towels removed, bed made, turned down, etc....

Easy to get used to!!! You will be spoiled!!!

Thank you for the advice! I'm not picky when it comes to water, just that I like it with ice. If I can drink the local water while we are in Vegas, I'm sure the water on the ship will be just fine.:)

The water from the faucet is perfectly fine. It's cleaner than tap water on land OR the water you buy in bottles.

Yes, this is true... Your steward should be very good about your ice bucket... But, they are very busy, and for anything else, at all, you should call the room-service number. One time we wanted wine-glasses for our room, and mentioned this to our steward when they stopped by upon embarkation. Even for that... yep, call room delivery.

Yes, this is true... Your steward should be very good about your ice bucket... But, they are very busy, and for anything else, at all, you should call the room-service number. One time we wanted wine-glasses for our room, and mentioned this to our steward when they stopped by upon embarkation. Even for that... yep, call room delivery.

Room service will usually bring water glasses - wine glasses are hard to get - I usually grab two from vines when I get our morning coffee in the IC - or - if I take a glass to dinner I ask the server to bring us fresh glasses before we leave

We always ask room service for two wine glasses which we keep for the entire cruise rinsing them out after each use and storing them with the bar equipment. We also have on occasion run out of ice and ordered some from room service. Our steward does fill the ice bucket and puts it in the refrigerator to keep the ice longer. If you need ice, dial room service and it will be delivered fairly quickly. I like the idea of also ordering a couple cookies. Yummy.

The water out of the tap is indeed pure. It is heavily regulated and constantly tested for purity. The water is delivered to your cabin in their water lines instead of underground water lines that have been there for decades like at home. The ship has to keep testing data and is monitored by the USCG. We only use bottled water when onshore in foreign countries.

If you ask your room steward to bring ice twice a day and use the tap water, you're all set for ice water day and night without spending a nickel. (Except the tip you might want to leave your steward at the end of the cruise.)

Jim

First cruise and I have a several questions so please bear with me. I won't lump them into one. We are sailing on the Regal Princess, and I generally get some ice water before I retire. I believe there is a little fridge in the room, but these usually don't have a freezer. Is there an ice machine on each deck? Would it be by the laundry room?

Even on Princess, someone will bring you ice (even when you don't ask for it).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lido deck or your room steward.

I have another ice question.... because, while we have cruised Princess several times (Husband is Platinum) I just do not remember.

On our last cruise, our cabin was near the International Cafe, where they use the mid-sized block cubed ice in order to make the drinks. I just LOVED this! Didn't even have to ask our great room stewardess... Always a cold fresh ice-bucket of these great ice-cubes.

Were we just lucky, getting better ice from the IC??? Is the ice usually not those good ice cubes?

On our recent cruises (Caribbean Princess), the regular ice dispensers had the nugget type of ice--my preferred kind. The servers would put out the cubed ice in bins when the ice dispensers were not keeping up with demand. I'd search out another dispenser when that happened. I'm sure you could get the cubes by asking for them if they were not already out.

The water out of the tap is indeed pure. It is heavily regulated and constantly tested for purity. The water is delivered to your cabin in their water lines instead of underground water lines that have been there for decades like at home. The ship has to keep testing data and is monitored by the USCG. We only use bottled water when onshore in foreign countries.

That would be USPH, not USCG.

I have never seen an ice machine on each deck or by the laundry room. Just ask your cabin steward and he will give you all you want.

Tony

Some ships have an ice machine on each floor - I found one on the Regal or Royal stashed away in one of their staff only rooms - not to be used by guests

Some ships have an ice machine on each floor - I found one on the Regal or Royal stashed away in one of their staff only rooms - not to be used by guests

Lot of good that info does since people aren't allowed to use them.

I'll bet they have ice machines in the crew mess hall also. LOL :D

There is no ice machine available for passengers. But the answer is even easier than going to an ice machine. When you first meet your room steward, ask him/her to fill your ice bucket every day. To keep the ice longer, you can put the ice bucket in the fridge in your room.

No ice machine available for passengers? What about the ones scattered about the buffet? That's where I get mine if I run out.