Kids Allowed in Luminae?

Tennant

We are considering upgrading to a suite for our upcoming Reflection sailing. We will be sailing with our 10 mth old son. Are babies/kids allowed in Luminae? Oddly enough (not really) I have gotten two different answers from Celebrity. One person said yes and one said no. I think they would be given he will be a suite passenger himself but thought I would double check here! Thanks!

We are considering upgrading to a suite for our upcoming Reflection sailing. We will be sailing with our 10 mth old son. Are babies/kids allowed in Luminae? Oddly enough (not really) I have gotten two different answers from Celebrity. One person said yes and one said no. I think they would be given he will be a suite passenger himself but thought I would double check here! Thanks!

We were on the Eclipse in September and there was a little one in a high chair in Luminae with parents dining around 8-8.30pm loving all the attention!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We took our grand daughters aged aged 4 and 2 to Bermuda last summer. Of course 10 months is a little early for regular food but everyone was very nice and helpful. No problems.

We chattered to a couple with a baby in Michael’s Club on the Solstice. They told us they had real worries pre cruise that after paying for a suite and Luminae they could end up dining in the buffet if their baby couldn’t cope with the length of the mealtime.

They arranged with the M’D to pre order their evening meals after breakfast each day so that when they arrived in the evening their service could be speeded up a bit, in particular no wait for starters...They knew their little one would be happy for a while being fussed in his high chair but didn’t want to push his patience too far! Whilst service is excellent in Luminae it can be quite slow at peak times so this could be worth considering. One evening as we were entering (about 7.30) they were leaving Luminae with the waiter carrying their tray of desert back to the suite as although the baby wasn’t crying he had obviously become restless.

Luminae staff really will go out of their way to accommodate your family and really appreciate parents who are sensitive to the needs of their own child and the dining experience of others.

The couple had also used the baby sitting service one night too so they could enjoy Murano’s at a leisurely pace. This may be something else you want to consider.

Sincere best wishes for a great family cruise!

We ate in Luminae on Equinox last fall about the same time every night as a younger couple with a very young baby, I'd guess under 6 months old. The baby basically slept in the stroller the entire time, except for one of the parents picking her up on occasion. There were no issues and nearly everyone wanted to just peek in and see. I did notice that they seemed to go through their courses faster than most people - which made sense.

We ate in Luminae on Equinox last fall about the same time every night as a younger couple with a very young baby, I'd guess under 6 months old. The baby basically slept in the stroller the entire time, except for one of the parents picking her up on occasion. There were no issues and nearly everyone wanted to just peek in and see. I did notice that they seemed to go through their courses faster than most people - which made sense.

Baby had to be at least six months to sail. EM

We were on the Equinox in mid-September. One family had their daughter (2 years old) in Luminae every night and she was very well behaved. Good parenting skills like finger food and early dining are appreciated by other cruisers.

It was funny to see the family on shore in Falmouth, Jamaica. The Margaritaville Restaurant has a play area with a pirate ship. The little girl did NOT want to leave the pirate ship!! She was howling "No, No" and it was good to see she was just like any 2 year old child.

Your 10 month old will be welcome in Luminae if you have good parenting skills - which you obviously do since you inquired so politely.

Same experience for us. Actually it was a family cruising to celebrate a b day. One couple had a one year old - possibly his b day. They were given the same table every night for 4 people. Sometimes it was just the parents, sometimes others would join them.

Before seating us at a table next to the table designated for this couple...the Maitre D told us that a couple with a small child might be seated at the next table. It was not a problem for us. The couple did arrive and we never heard a sound from the child that was peacefully sleeping.

The crew handled this very well...giving us the opportunity to go to a different table and also, establishing an area where the stroller would not be in the way of passengers or staff but very accessible for the parents.

Thanks so much for all the responses. We are very concerned about other passengers being interrupted by our little guy. He is well behaved but we accept that we need to done early and quicker than usual. And one of us may need to make a quick departure if he is having an off day. We ate traveling for our 10th anniversary and have cruised 15 times so we really want to cruise as a family but accept that we will have to make a few adjustments!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and one more question! Is it very quiet in luminae? We did think our guy might like the noise and hussel and bussel of the MDR. I'm guessing luminae is fairly small?

It is smaller and somewhat quiet however if you go at a busier time, there is quite a bit of movement in the room.

Oh and one more question! Is it very quiet in luminae? We did think our guy might like the noise and hussel and bussel of the MDR. I'm guessing luminae is fairly small?

Why not try MDR select dining one night?...Simply ask your butler to sort it for you. Just because you are in a suite doesn’t mean you have to spend all your time in Luminae.

Remember also if you have had a busy day and your little one crashes early you can always get the MDR menu served in your room.

The buffet on X is good also and faster food! You also have the advantage that if your little ones patience comes to an end you can always leave taking a couple of heaped plates with you!

Enjoy!

On our last cruise, the Reflection, we found Luminae to be busy and noisy.

There were also a few non parented 3-4 years old who ran around the dining room at will. This was dangerous to them and to others with hot beverages and meal ready to fall on them. Your young one won’t be a problem in Luminae but may be disturbed by the commotion. I would ask for a quiet, out of the way, table. Michaels Club may not be as good as it can be quite noisy with drunken adults and the tables are close together. If most of the Suite guests have drink packages you won’t have a problem as there are other venues for free drinks.

Why not try MDR select dining one night?...Simply ask your butler to sort it for you. Just because you are in a suite doesn’t mean you have to spend all your time in Luminae.

Remember also if you have had a busy day and your little one crashes early you can always get the MDR menu served in your room.

The buffet on X is good also and faster food! You also have the advantage that if your little ones patience comes to an end you can always leave taking a couple of heaped plates with you!

Enjoy!

Also, in the evening the buffet is not as busy as it is for lunch and breakfast, it can be quite relaxing but still have people moving around.

Michaels Club may not be as good as it can be quite noisy with drunken adults and the tables are close together. If most of the Suite guests have drink packages you won’t have a problem as there are other venues for free drinks.

Oh, come on now! Michael's Club quite noisy with drunken adults? I have been in several MC's on different X ships and have never seen it noisy with drunks. It is usually empty except at the afternoon tea time or right before dinner. Drunks? Never!

On our last cruise, the Reflection, we found Luminae to be busy and noisy.

There were also a few non parented 3-4 years old who ran around the dining room at will. This was dangerous to them and to others with hot beverages and meal ready to fall on them. Your young one won’t be a problem in Luminae but may be disturbed by the commotion. I would ask for a quiet, out of the way, table. Michaels Club may not be as good as it can be quite noisy with drunken adults and the tables are close together. If most of the Suite guests have drink packages you won’t have a problem as there are other venues for free drinks.

As others have said our experience in Luminae has been of polite, well behaved children. We have only ever experienced one child being inappropriately dealt with (or rather not dealt with) by parents (and grandparents) in Luminae. The very bored toddler was screaming his head off in his high chair whilst all four adults carried on eating and drinking. It was politely but firmly dealt with by the M’D going over and saying “Which of you wants their dinner kept warm while you take the little one for a walk?”....

We have experienced Michael’s six times now on four different ships....never seen a drunken guest yet....several ‘merry’ ones some of whom were our party! Whilst your little one would be welcome in Michael’s I do think he could get bored quite quickly. He may really enjoy afternoon tea there, however, with its dinky bite sized sandwiches and cakes!

Oh, come on now! Michael's Club quite noisy with drunken adults? I have been in several MC's on different X ships and have never seen it noisy with drunks. It is usually empty except at the afternoon tea time or right before dinner. Drunks? Never!

I smiled too! Drunks in MC!!! :rolleyes:

We saw babies/toddlers in Luminae on one cruise (it was a short Carib cruise so expected to see some little ones onboard). They always seated them up front in the restaurant (an M-Class ship) and assigned a waiter to them who was great with children (we were told he was the best kid's waiter on the ship).

The parents did a pretty good job with taking kids out when they were antsy, if the waiter couldn't keep them occupied and happy. They often seemed to try to seat those without children in the middle or back of the restaurant where we had elegant dining experiences. A win-win for all.

As for Michael's, I did see one guy at the bar who may have had a bit too much to drink, who started to get loud and was pestering the bartender. I saw the MC concierge catch the bartender's eye and the bartender very skillfully toned things down without making a big deal of it and it all ended on a good note. They seem to run a tight ship in there (so to speak).

OP, have a wonderful family cruise!!