Grandeur the worst bed mattress I have ever seen.

Which foam pads did you get?

Here is an example. We usually go to the departure city a few days early and the first one we went to a Walmart in Fort Lauderdale. The second one in Florida I ordered online from Walmart and had it shipped to our hotel, that was easier.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lucid-4-Premium-Ventilated-Memory-Foam-Mattress-Topper-Multiple-Sizes/47903794

We were also able to find them in Southampton.

I can't believe RC would allow such a thing. That must have been awful. I have slept very well on my cruises so far execpt the last one in October on Celebrity Equinox. It didn't look nearly as bad as that one. They changed it out, but that one was just as bad. We then got pool towels and tried to fill in the hollowed out area. It helped some and then the steward added some extras. 11 days with a back ache was not fun. The executives need to sleep on one of them and see how they like it.

869b9cee79979139095bfd64e66a25ca.jpg

This bed looks to have had a whole lot of “you stay on your side of the bed action” than most.

Your goal by the end of the cruise should be to meet your travel companion in the middle and flatten out that hill/mound/hump. If that person is your mom, sister, brother etc please ignore and if not see if you can accomplish.;):'):D

Seems like even the broke down beds were pretty comfortable when they had the foam pads on the beds. Since they eliminated them, I haven’t had a decent night’s sleep on my last three cruises.

They don't have the foam things anymore but they will pad the mattress if you ask. Not sure what they use but it works great.

I can't believe RC would allow such a thing. That must have been awful. I have slept very well on my cruises so far execpt the last one in October on Celebrity Equinox. It didn't look nearly as bad as that one. They changed it out, but that one was just as bad. We then got pool towels and tried to fill in the hollowed out area. It helped some and then the steward added some extras. 11 days with a back ache was not fun. The executives need to sleep on one of them and see how they like it.

Yep, it's more common than you think. The bed on Brilliance, I called a doggie bed....the entire middle of the bed was a hole!

I don’t know why RCI went with very firm mattresses for their new replacements. I would think that most people prefer a medium to medium firm mattress, especially those with lower back pain as a very firm mattress lacks the proper support unless the person is a stomach sleeper. Of course, I would have to think that even a firm mattress is better than sags and lumps (I’m still talking mattresses here, no mattress will help the sleeper’s sags and lumps).

As to the socks, what do you think they stuff the mattresses with?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll be on Grandeur in March for 12 nights. Just ordered a Klymit Static V inflatible sleep pad on the recommendation of folks here on CC. On sale for today on Amazon for $37. I figured it's worth $3 dollars a day to not have a backache on my vacation. Plus I can use it whenever I travel! Hopefully, it'll do the trick.

I'll be on Grandeur in March for 12 nights. Just ordered a Klymit Static V inflatible sleep pad on the recommendation of folks here on CC. On sale for today on Amazon for $37. I figured it's worth $3 dollars a day to not have a backache on my vacation. Plus I can use it whenever I travel! Hopefully, it'll do the trick.
Was that a lightning deal? It is $71 now :(

Sent from my K88 using Forums mobile app

I've got one of these. I take it everywhere I travel overnight because it's so small and better safe than sorry. I wouldn't say it's an awesome night of sleep, but it's a lot better than nothing/pain.

I ordered two of those today from Amazon for $32 each. I’ve been meaning to for a while and your post prompted me to go ahead and get them. Hopefully, this will make my upcoming B2B on the Vision more pleasant.

Update just when I figured out how to sleep on the edge of the Bed with 2 pillows in the hole. I get this in my room tonight.

947a09eb7ce5d7db405123f698f6b509.jpg

I had to laugh at some of the key words here.

Wonderful time. [emoji848]

Enhance your vacation experience. 🤨

Diligently in improving. [emoji23]

I think my Travel agent said something to them.

Let’s see how this go’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just received an email from Special needs. They said no more foam mattress pads, instead they will put 2 regular mattress pads. I simply can't sleep on their beds so I did order the blow up one. Princess and Holland America folks brag about how comfortable their beds are, I don't know why RCI can't do the same for their passengers. That and the new deposit policy is beginning to get me thinking about other cruise lines even tho my upcoming cruise on Liberty will make me Diamond Plus.