Msc seaside cabin photos only!

sidari

Not entirely sure what MSC suddenly has against cabin seating? Why not include the simple cube underneath the desk, rather than having a single chair?

I do think the rest of the room looks nice and as I expected, but I'll be honest that I'm disappointed about the finish of the bathroom, and if anything perplexed about the difference in size of the tv between the accessible interior and the standard YC interior.

You cannot be too close to a 60 in TV without seeing the pixels. Probably makes sense in the HC interior since it is wider. Hopefully the TV on the standard YC interior is on a swivel since there is no couch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I truly hope that with all the negativity that you can find some positives and enjoy your vacation - otherwise, sadly to say, I am glad i will not be on your sailing.....
My negativity is because of multiple factors including false advertising via text and renderings versus reality concerning the conditions of the YC inside cabin that I have paid for. I am a hard working guy who trys to get away twice a year and for the first time decided to splurge on the YC because I wanted a piece of the good life for the first time at a reasonable cost. Unlike you and your partner, I can't afford owners suites accommodations. I truly am hoping that the pros outweigh the cons, but I sure wish there were umbrellas up on the YC deck since we will be on board while in multiple ports. But the bar menus look real appealing, so that's a positive.

SNJ ... I think you may like the cabin and I can only guess that there is still time when in Miami for any missing items to be added which may have been in the hold or shipped across earlier.

I understand where you are coming from re wanting things that were promised but would a marble floor in the bathroom break the cruise ?

I understand where you are coming from re wanting things that were promised but would a marble floor in the bathroom break the cruise ?

I would say of course not, but it’s just a matter of delivering on what you advertise. Especially important for a relatively unknown cruise line in North America that is trying to gain market share, and has some pretty lofty and established competitors. Also it’s a matter of credibility. Lose that and you have nothing.

All that being said, it’s still possible the YC Interior bathroom floors might be some kind of marble. You can’t tell in those pics. I still find it odd they would put the marble in a YC wheelchair accessible interior cabin but not the standard ones. They are all the same cabin grade with the same amenities.

. But the bar menus look real appealing, so that's a positive.

I didn’t mean to come across so harsh but:

- there maybe changes that happen on the Miami sailings that were not on the Transatlantic

- there very well could be marble floors as we didn’t see the floor

- what is 30-40 sq feet. Most people on inside cabins just book them knowing they are primarily using it to sleep - and spend the majority of the day outside

- the price of a YC interior is a remarkable price point - enjoy, as this has never been seen before this year

- the YC is a remarkable product and i cant see u would be disappointed at all - enjoy it.

- BTW i booked 2 years ago and got a great price with and amazing ship board credit - something i will never see again

In closing. The ship isn’t even in Miami yet. Give them a chance - they do read these boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by marcoigna

- the price of a YC interior is a remarkable price point - enjoy, as this has never been seen before this year

- the YC is a remarkable product and i cant see u would be disappointed at all - enjoy it.

- BTW i booked 2 years ago and got a great price with and amazing ship board credit - something i will never see again

In closing. The ship isn’t even in Miami yet. Give them a chance - they do read these boards.

This is exactly how I see it. A very cheap way to experience all the exclusivity of the Yacht Club. For me, that alone is worth the price, and I got a nice obc as well.

Regardless of MSC calling it a suite and posting the wrong rendering, I pretty much knew it would be nothing more than a slightly glorified inside cabin. I'm fine with that. Could it be designed better? Perhaps but I really can't say for sure until I experience it for a week.

But damn it I wanted that marble bathroom!!!!!!!!! ;p

My negativity is because of multiple factors including false advertising via text and renderings versus reality concerning the conditions of the YC inside cabin that I have paid for. I am a hard working guy who trys to get away twice a year and for the first time decided to splurge on the YC because I wanted a piece of the good life for the first time at a reasonable cost. Unlike you and your partner, I can't afford owners suites accommodations. I truly am hoping that the pros outweigh the cons, but I sure wish there were umbrellas up on the YC deck since we will be on board while in multiple ports. But the bar menus look real appealing, so that's a positive.

Very well stated.

I know that the YC interior cabins are a great value and that is why I booked it almost two years ago, getting a discount from an agent that was over the 5% that MSC provides as well as getting 400 in OBC from MSC directly. This was all part of their marketing campaign to promote their first US based ship that was purposely built to cruise the Caribbean. I seriously contemplated cancelling because of the delay of the construction of Ocean Cay. The dedicated YC area and the fact that it would have a 2000 person amphitheater for entertainment were ground breaking ideas that were major factors in causing me to to hop on board in the first place.

If the sun gets to be too much of a problem up on the One deck, I'll just go to the bar and have a libation or two. I've seen posts from a crazy Canadian who sometimes frequents bars on ships. ;)

I know that the YC interior cabins are a great value and that is why I booked it almost two years ago, getting a discount from an agent that was over the 5% that MSC provides as well as getting 400 in OBC from MSC directly. This was all part of their marketing campaign to promote their first US based ship that was purposely built to cruise the Caribbean. I seriously contemplated cancelling because of the delay of the construction of Ocean Cay. The dedicated YC area and the fact that it would have a 2000 person amphitheater for entertainment were ground breaking ideas that were major factors in causing me to to hop on board in the first place.

If the sun gets to be too much of a problem up on the One deck, I'll just go to the bar and have a libation or two. I've seen posts from a crazy Canadian who sometimes frequents bars on ships. ;)

We got an awesome deal two years ago also from our TA. We had the rear balcony and switched to grand suite a short time later when it became available. Just really disappointed in readying it’s a small balcony

We also have a grand suite; I didn't realize people were finding the balcony small. On the video it looks quite generous. Am I missing something?

The only photos and videos are of the 2 bedroom middle grand suites up front. Nothing from the corner front grand suites

Looking at the ship photos of those Outside GS the balcony does look small, although there is a divider that appears to block off dead space, it may be worth asking to get it opened even though it is within the steel hull.

Looking at the ship photos of those Outside GS the balcony does look small, although there is a divider that appears to block off dead space, it may be worth asking to get it opened even though it is within the steel hull.

You would think that would be common sense for them to realize that that dead space could be of valuable use to the occupants of that particular suite and open it up completely. That may be the difference of being able to fit a lounger or not. Who is responsible for this, the Hotel Director?

Every GS on paper, deck plans and published information have more space than the standard balcony cabin, yet from the few side photos we have seen, the GS balconies appear to be small and smaller than represented by MSC.

As with other cabins on Seaside, people paid premium to get a specific cabin that was represented by MSC to have certain dimensions and things and so on, that now don't appear to be there. What kind of QA and walk-thru was done on some of these cabins comparing them to what was advertised (and still is).

I agree that Divina's YC is much nicer; with upgraded materials, woods, brass, fabrics throughout. The HC YC Inside Suite has the 60 inch TV, yet not these YC Inside Suites? Also, where is the couch and two chairs shown in the official diagram. Where is the second person going to sit? Your right, there is no marble in the bathroom, or the rain like shower head, etc.

Is it labeled as a Yacht Club Interior Suite, or as Yacht Club Interior Cabin? If it is called a suite, I agree with you. If it is NOT called a suite, then it not a suite. I don't know, I am asking.

And you would not want a 60 inch TV in that cabin, it would be nearly unwatchable.

I am still willing to wait and see if rooms will get more furnishings; many rooms seem to not be 100% fully furnished which is a problem that occurs when you have a hard "must sail by" date.

Is it labeled as a Yacht Club Interior Suite, or as Yacht Club Interior Cabin? If it is called a suite, I agree with you. If it is NOT called a suite, then it not a suite. I don't know, I am asking.

It’s labeled a suite, but then most of the cabins that MSC calls a suite are not suites at all. Many are standard cabins with just a larger balcony. I don’t consider that a suite.

It’s a very overused term when it comes to MSC, and a few other lines as well.