So....what's the deal with those veggie burgers???

cvpends

On the current live from Ruby thread, I discovered that I am not the only one horrified by the Princess veggie burgers. As a long-time vegetarian and somewhat of an expert of veggie burgers, I truly don't think those veggie burgers that are offered by Princess are a matter of personal taste. IMHO, I believe that there is something systemically wrong with them. So here are my questions for you:

1) Do you think I am wrong? Do you like the Princess veggie burger?

2) If you agree that I am correct that the Princess veggie burger should be banned from the world of food, what should we do to help Princess see the light?

1) Do you think I am wrong? Do you like the Princess veggie burger? You're not wrong, they're horrible. They should be called "potato" burgers, that's the main ingredient.

2) If you agree that I am correct that the Princess veggie burger should be banned from the world of food, what should we do to help Princess see the light?

About the only thing you can do is 1) don't order them and 2) comment on the post cruise survey.

I have never tried the veggie burgers on Princess, however, I do recall that when we were cruising with friends several years ago one of them ordered the veggie burger and described it as "different than any veggie burger she had ever eaten". And I don't think she meant that in a good way. :o

A few years ago we traveled with a picky vegetarian and she loved the veggie burgers and ate one almost every night for dinner. Our head waiter said that he ate them all the time too! My husband ordered one once for lunch; he couldn't eat it and had to order a second meal. So very subjective.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the current live from Ruby thread, I discovered that I am not the only one horrified by the Princess veggie burgers. As a long-time vegetarian and somewhat of an expert of veggie burgers, I truly don't think those veggie burgers that are offered by Princess are a matter of personal taste. IMHO, I believe that there is something systemically wrong with them. So here are my questions for you:

1) Do you think I am wrong? Do you like the Princess veggie burger?

All I know is Mrs Gut liked them last time she had one. May have changed since then.

Try it.

You might live longer. And not die of a heart attack from eating red meat. :D

Instead I will die from something else. It is unavoidable. My dog won't even eat veggie burgers and he ears everything. They are like eating sawdust with glue to hold them together.

Instead I will die from something else.
On the other hand, if many people lived a healthier life they might live long enough to die of something else. For us, the Morning Star Farms Veggie Burgers we get at Costco are the standard we compare veggie burgers to. Princess veggie burgers come in last.

I don't think I have ever had a veggie burger.

Do they taste like a Johnsonville brat with kraut, onion, ketchup and a little mustard?

Try it. Princess veggies burgers are like the cardboard wrapper your brats come packaged in. You need to have at least a couple pints of beer with your veggie burger, to wash it down so you don’t choke to death.

BTW, have you ever checked the ingredients in Johnsonville brats? Made from Processed Mystery Meats. ;) And, check out the % of sodium. Well, maybe you’ll die from clogged arteries. Or, maybe you’ll die from cancer due to the junk contained in sausages. Or, maybe you’ll die from a stroke or aneurism due to High Blood Pressure. ;). But at least, you’ll die happy, having enjoyed what you liked to eat. Yes?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Actually prostate cancer is my likely end which has increased my near-term intake of mystery meats and craft beer resulting in overall happiness. (y)(y)(y)

Already beat Prostate cancer according to my Urologist. Guess it is time to look for the next so called reason to die. Been avoiding it for over 66 years. Have survived wars and heart attacks also. Oh well I guess I will continue to live the way I like.

There are many reasons to be a vegetarian. For me it is my love of animals. For others it is health. For yet others it is religion. But that isn't the point of this thread. And neither is the point of this thread anything to do with anyone else's right to eat meat. That is your own choice, and I honor your choice just as I expect you to honor mine.

This thread is specifically about the quality and taste of the Princess veggie burgers. I am interested to find that there are people who can tolerate them. No one could possibly tolerate the one I tried. The one I tried was in Trident Grill and was a soft, barely cooked, one-inch-thick pile of grayish-brown disgusting tasting mush. It still gives me nightmare years later. So that makes me wonder why some can. Are there different veggie burgers in the dining room as opposed to in Trident Grill? Maybe the MDR ones are different (and hopefully better?) Has anyone done a comparison? Are there cooks in the fleet that can properly prepare a Princess veggie burger to make it tolerable?

And no one has answered my question about whether there is something we can do to effect a change. I would personally love to have a decent veggie burger when I cruise on Princess, as I can on many other cruise lines. Just as many meat eaters enjoy a burger for lunch, so do I. I just want mine to be vegetarian. Any ideas?