Alfredo's for dinner; your experience?

LMaxwell

Has anyone skipped the MDR or other specialty dining and gone to Alfredo's for dinner? What was your impression? Substantial enough for dinner, or just pizza and salad? I have had pizza for lunch and don't recall what else was available on the menus.

Has anyone skipped the MDR or other specialty dining and gone to Alfredo's for dinner? What was your impression? Substantial enough for dinner, or just pizza and salad? I have had pizza for lunch and don't recall what else was available on the menus.

Ate twice at Alfredo’s on the Regal in April 2017. Definitely substantial enough for dinner. Had the Hawaiian pizza. Was good but second time we went ask for more pineapple and cheese. They obliged and I thought it was a very good pizza. Relaxing atmosphere, the string quartet was playing in the Piazza so altogether a pleasant experience. Will be on the Regal in 2 weeks and will definitely go to Alfredo’s one night or maybe two. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Royal and Regal have expanded menus, if one of these is your ship. Enough to eat? yes. Enjoyable? Gourmet, not really. I liked it, but pizza is one of my favorite foods. Here was the menu in 2015:

http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/2015/02/alfredos-menu-for-royal-and-regal.html

And, lest we forget, the good folks will custom make your pizza. We probably have tried most, if not all of the offerings outside of that sissy vegetarian stuff. Well, the wife may have and will have vegetarian. While we haven't tried it for dinner, there is no reason not to do it. There is plenty of variety for an informal night. The other non-Royal class ships with Alfredo's serve only pizza.

Take long cruises and sample things in small portions. Over time you will experience everything.

Enjoy the cruise.

If you are on a ship such as Grand Princess that has Alfredo's but no salads, you can stop at the international cafe for salad then progress to Alfredo's for your pizza and wine, then go back to the IC for dessert.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips and menu. Yes, looks good for a change. Hadn't thought of incorporating something from IC, but that's a good idea. I find that as often as not anymore I skip dessert after dinner, needing to walk around and go to the buffet for coffee and dessert later. Alfredos could be a nice "break"

Loved it so much we went a second night.

My DH and I ate lunch the Alfredos a number of times during our 25 days on the Royal Princess in October/November. We really like their pizzas and appetizers. One evening when our group of 6 didn't want to go to the MDR or buffet we all went to Alfredos. The other 2 couples enjoyed it too. Don't miss the agnolotti (pasta) if you are on the Royal (and Regal, I presume). It is delicious!

The agnolotti were my favorite menu item, followed closely by the vegetarian antipasto. We ate lunch there three times earlier this month on our pre-Christmas cruise. We did not try it in the evening, but there is enough variety to make a larger meal.

We went a number of times whenwe were on the Royal for 25 days in Oct/Nov. I always had the same things. - Delish

Insalata Mista all’ Alfredo (Vegetarian)

mixed green salad with Chef Alfredo’s balsamic herb and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette

Agnolotti Gratinati alla Piemontese - gratinated pasta pockets filled with veal beef and parmesan cheese tossed in creamy veal sauce and sage

Jean and I will be on the Regal for 14 days commencing Jan 21. We will do boarding lunch on one of the cruises. We have done this previously on the Royal and found it uncrowded and pleasant with entertainment and watching all new cruisers enjoy the piazza for the first time.

With antipasta, soup, salad, main, and dessert, there is definately enough for an evening meal on those rare nights that the MDR menu looks less than appealing, but then that is our favorite time to go to Sabatinis.

Enjoy, Jim

If you are on a ship such as Grand Princess that has Alfredo's but no salads, you can stop at the international cafe for salad then progress to Alfredo's for your pizza and wine, then go back to the IC for dessert.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

What a great idea!!

I guess I'm not helping, but IMO, Alfredo's is one of those "secrets" about Princess. At least it is on the Royal class of ships. We love the food and the atmosphere is pretty unique on the ship.

It is also a great secret on the Sun Class ships (except for the Sun Princes where it was turned into Share). I actually prefer the menu on the Sun Class ships. Different than Royal Class.