guarantee stateroom- can I change stateroom number?

mcatmcat

Hello [emoji3]

I have an interior guarantee stateroom NR Independence Caribbean March my stateroom was assigned 3 months before sailing. For the price I paid I’m extremely happy for it, I’m traveling with my family and I’m controlling their reservation. Mine stateroom is in the front of the ship but theirs in the back I can switch with them but they get dizzy easily

Is there anyway I can call royal to be offered another location? I know my rights on this reservation which basically are none but I was wondering if people get a better room or location if they call and ask

Thank you everyone !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done many guaranties, 20+ and always have been able to change to another same category cabin that has been available when we have wanted to do so. We always book under NA terms and conditions when booking an guaranty.

I typically look at RCI UK or other certain online websites to see better cabin availability information than RCI NA website. This way I know which cabin that is available is best for us..

Edited by robtulipe

You can switch cabins, if both have the right number of beds. Simply do it after you "check in"...they will make the change for you. And yes, you can call and ask if there is another cabin OF THE SAME CATEGORY they could move one of you to.

Don't get a guarantee room if you are not going to be happy with what you are given.

It misses the entire point.....

What is the point?

If RCI allows you to switch cabins from one randomly assigned by a computer, which is what I have been told by RCI happens with guaranty assignments, to a same category cabin more preferable to you why not switch?

What is the point?

If RCI allows you to switch cabins from one randomly assigned by a computer, which is what I have been told by RCI happens with guaranty assignments, to a same category cabin more preferable to you why not switch?

Then the next room you like even less.

And want to change again, and again.

Many will never be satisfied.

Just pick your own room in the first place instead of trying to save a buck.....

Just pick your own room in the first place instead of trying to save a buck.....

I think you would look and see what is available and choose. Not just wait to be assigned again.

I have been able to change within the same category and sometimes upgrade if price drops have come along.

However, we were on Freedom in September and we weren't allowed to change

As stated above you pick the cabin you want within the assigned category that the guaranty was assigned.

Sometimes a guaranty booking is the only option when booking a class of cabins and once a cabin is assigned there are other cabins available in the category given.

There are many reasons why guaranty bookings are beneficial for the cruise line including being able to sell higher category cabins to fill a sailing without actually lowering the price of that actual category.

Edited by robtulipe

They may be able to give you a cabin in the same category, but different location.

It doesn't hurt to call and ask.

You can switch cabins, if both have the right number of beds. Simply do it after you "check in"...they will make the change for you. And yes, you can call and ask if there is another cabin OF THE SAME CATEGORY they could move one of you to.

No and no.

Do not call and ask if there are any other rooms you can switch to. In most cases the answer will be no.

Look on Royals UK site https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/

and find available rooms in the exact same category, find a room that you are happy with and call Royal and just say I would like to change my room to xxx. Do not mention that you had a guarantee.

OOH I just did a search for this, and I like how the site is laid out.

Works very will for looking at inventory and since the RCI cabin re-categorization, it sometimes shows even more than the RCI UK site (which is limited to 50 cabins per category).

OOH I just did a search for this, and I like how the site is laid out. Thank you.

The joy of Cc.

Not sure what you done but if you click the yellow tab, 'Availability & Booking' it gives you more detail.

Happy days and Happy New Year

Works very will for looking at inventory and since the RCI cabin re-categorization, it sometimes shows even more than the RCI UK site (which is limited to 50 cabins per category).

I don't seem to have any luck with their price tracking. I am getting alerts of price drops (Euros of course) but then when I check RCL's site the price is the same as it has been

Don't get a guarantee room if you are not going to be happy with what you are given.

It misses the entire point.....

That was not the question. Why the snarky response?

Op - if there are rooms available in the same category, and you booked under NA booking rules, you should be able to switch.

I don't seem to have any luck with their price tracking. I am getting alerts of price drops (Euros of course) but then when I check RCL's site the price is the same as it has been

It is an indirect proxy for US pricing - the other markets don't seem to move as much (in pricing) as the US market (all those fake sales). Also, unlike the US market, final payment is at a different time (56 days out) and other factors which skew prices moves differently.

How does paying with Euros affect the prices?. Is it the same as Uk as we are Abta registered?.

We loose out that way, that's why we sometimes use a Us Ta.

Abta just means if the company goes bust, they will get us home.

currently as a courtesy in US bookings they will let you go back into the pool for same catrgory.

I won’t be surprised, hint hint, when guarantees are assigned at arrival only as the cruise line will want to maximize time to sell selected rooms at higher prices.

I didn’t think Matt was being snarky; I think he has it right. Pay for what you want because the flexibility is a courtesy not a rule

I won’t be surprised, hint hint, when guarantees are assigned at arrival only as the cruise line will want to maximize time to sell selected rooms at higher prices.

More likely, they will harmonize the rules with other markets where the policy is that you can't move after the initial assignment.