Is passport required for Australian Coastal cruise?

Hi Lananles,

My memory is that it wasn't needed even if your cruise includes Willis Island.

I have only cruised PO and Princess for local cruises. I don't know about the rest of the cruise lines.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Not required.

Govt issued photo ID. Is enough.

Hi Mr Gut,

Just returned from a Norwegian Cruise ( Southern Australian Cruise )

At check in I had Govt issued photo ID (Drivers License) and Aust Passport.

They preferred the Passport over the Drivers Licence.

Do not know how people got on if they did not own a Passport?

Regards Zac

Hi Mr Gut,

Just returned from a Norwegian Cruise ( Southern Australian Cruise )

At check in I had Govt issued photo ID (Drivers License) and Aust Passport.

They preferred the Passport over the Drivers Licence.

Do not know how people got on if they did not own a Passport?

Regards Zac

Most of my domestic cruises I didn’t even have a passport. Was booked on NCL, had to cancel, but was told no worries with just a D/L.

One cruise lest my wallet behind they accepted my prison issued photo ID.

I think a passport may be easier for check in staff as they can just swipe it, Gbenjo would be the one to answer that.

I remember my Iberia cruise in 1970, Sydney - PNG - Fiji - Sydney. No passport required, as I did not have one. Those days have gone.

Met the 'boss on Iberia in 1970, but that's another story.

Our experience on RCI for a domestic cruise to the Barrier Reef visiting Willis Island was that my husband used his photo issued drivers licence and my daughter and I used our passports. No problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My friend only cruises on Australian Coastal cruises, because she doesn't have a Passport.

Yes, time to get a passport and explore the world. One must get bored of Australian coastal cruises.:rolleyes: But then some do not like travelling in those new fangled flying machines.:o

Yes, time to get a passport and explore the world. One must get bored of Australian coastal cruises.:rolleyes: But then some do not like travelling in those new fangled flying machines.:o

I do not judge anyone for their travel choice (or lack of travel choice) as everyone is different. I know many people who do the same thing every holiday for the last 20-30 years. It is what they like and know ad they are comfortable with that. Personally, I do get bored with the same places over and over, hence if the cruise itinerary is the same, doing a different excursions and exploring a different ship is warranted

And some, those there flying things can kill.

Coastal cruises do not " require" a passport however it does make the check in process a bit smoother as the passport only requires swiping whereas a govt. issued ID usually needs to be manually re- entered into the system. I find it interesting that some travel agents enter a passport number ( I assume it is the guests ) when they take the commission....oops sorry ..booking...but do not tell people to bring it to the terminal on sailing day...... but then again there are lots of things travel agents do not tell their clients.

Coastal cruises do not " require" a passport however it does make the check in process a bit smoother as the passport only requires swiping whereas a govt. issued ID usually needs to be manually re- entered into the system. I find it interesting that some travel agents enter a passport number ( I assume it is the guests ) when they take the commission....oops sorry ..booking...but do not tell people to bring it to the terminal on sailing day...... but then again there are lots of things travel agents do not tell their clients.��

Yeah a lot of things I wasn’t told about check in, had to learn the hard way....

You know what they call motorcyclists.

Temporary Australians.

Having picked up many of them off the road, I have always called them 'Temporary Australians' and I rode one of those iron horses 8 hours every day for 14 years in the 'suit of blue.' Before the powers that be said 'enough...Les.' and banished me to 4 wheels and a desk. Used up my nine lives too.:halo:

Having picked up many of them off the road, I have always called them 'Temporary Australians' and I rode one of those iron horses 8 hours every day for 14 years in the 'suit of blue.' Before the powers that be said 'enough...Les.' and banished me to 4 wheels and a desk. Used up my nine lives too.:halo:

I hope you haven't used all nine or you would be a ghost writer.