Semi Annual WOW Sale- January 4

slyster

It's me again, Margaret. :)

That's not stated anywhere on the terms I'm reading here: http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2017/Sales-Training/17059742_Wave_Jan_Offer_Trade_SF_Email_Template/17059742_Wave_Jan_Offer_CCE.html -- Fine print says gratuities are included for all Oasis class ships. Doesn't say anything about JS or above.

Interesting! I might try calling in to see if I can get this! Has anyone else who has an Oasis class balcony booked been able to get the free grats? We just have a normal ocean view balcony booked on Symphony next Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's me again, Margaret. :)

That's not stated anywhere on the terms I'm reading here: http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2017/Sales-Training/17059742_Wave_Jan_Offer_Trade_SF_Email_Template/17059742_Wave_Jan_Offer_CCE.html -- Fine print says gratuities are included for all Oasis class ships. Doesn't say anything about JS or above.

I saw that but on the terms I posted above it says Royal Suite Class and above. Guess it couldn't hurt to try to see if you get it. Let us know how you make out

Interesting! I might try calling in to see if I can get this! Has anyone else who has an Oasis class balcony booked been able to get the free grats? We just have a normal ocean view balcony booked on Symphony next Feb.

Yes, let us know if you call and they give you free gratuities. We also have Symphony booked for a month after you in Boardwalk balcony. On the main search page (where it lists all itineraries for your search), it has a red square saying 'Suites free gratuities'.

Hi Guys,

Trying to get my head around this sale and Royal Caribbeans policies as I am a first timer with them plus being from Ireland I cant ring their toll numbers. I booked 4 days ago and the obc increased to $275 from $100 and the fare went up by $40 . Would I be entitled to an increase? I will throw them an email regardless

So I called back because I saw my cruise and price were the same and they gave me $75 OBC. However when I looked again today the Non refundable OBC should be $275.

They said in order to get $275 OBC, I couldn’t use my C&A balcony discount but they could give me $175 OBC for a $55 price increase. I went ahead and changed it. I figure I still make out $45 to get the extra $100 OBC and I keep the balcony discount.

WOW! This is really a sale? I went on to reprice my cruise to see if I could get a better deal. Ain’t happening. Guess I must have got the good price earlier. I booked last September on the BOGO sale and my aft cabin, after discount, tax/port charges and C&A balcony discount came to $2870 but no OBC. Repriced cruise with 30% off each came to $3733. It did give me $175 OBC. Think I’ll leave well enough alone. Glad you’re all saving something.

I just called my TA and awaiting confirmation of the following reduction to my Symphony Feb. 2, '19. For a non-refundable CP balcony reduction of $388 and OBCs of $175. I had to give up the $125 OBC from my TA, but in the long run I'm coming up smelling like a rose.

Royal Suite Class only. My boardwalk balcony got shot down.

Is the so-called Semi Annual WOW Sale really a Sale? I repriced all my 2018 and 2019 cruises yesterday (taking into consideration added OBC and lost OBC), and none of them resulted in a lower net price.4f1c662391caf006e414ad1b98ed711d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is the so-called Semi Annual WOW Sale really a Sale? I repriced all my 2018 and 2019 cruises yesterday (taking into consideration added OBC and lost OBC), and none of them resulted in a lower net price.

Same here, 4 different cruises.

Never hurts to give C&A a call, and if you don't succeed, try again.

With the new promotion that started yesterday, my cruise for next month is showing $125 OBC which I did not have with previous sale, but I am passed final payment. I knew it was a long shot, but I called C&A and inquired about the OBC, and I was turned down by the first agent, stating I was passed final payment and that there was nothing they could do for me.

So today....I had to call RCL regarding my shore excursions (20% off sale) and while I was on the phone with the agent I mentioned the new OBC sale. This agent was very helpful, and looked into my reservation, repriced my cruise, which went up only $36, and put me on hold to speak to his supervisor. He came back on the line 2 minutes later granting my request for the OBC!! ***so the 20% I saved on the shore excursion, covered the $36 cruise fare increase, and I still managed to get $125 OBC...HAPPY:D

I am so glad I asked again....you just never know with RCL. Thanks to this thread, I decided to ask as many times as possible, and just may be you will get lucky.

I had to ask again too. Soooo my “sale” was getting OBC with a net savings of $120. Yesterday it was 75, and by calling today I got the extra off too.

Never hurts to give C&A a call, and if you don't succeed, try again.

With the new promotion that started yesterday, my cruise for next month is showing $125 OBC which I did not have with previous sale, but I am passed final payment. I knew it was a long shot, but I called C&A and inquired about the OBC, and I was turned down by the first agent, stating I was passed final payment and that there was nothing they could do for me.

So today....I had to call RCL regarding my shore excursions (20% off sale) and while I was on the phone with the agent I mentioned the new OBC sale. This agent was very helpful, and looked into my reservation, repriced my cruise, which went up only $36, and put me on hold to speak to his supervisor. He came back on the line 2 minutes later granting my request for the OBC!! ***so the 20% I saved on the shore excursion, covered the $36 cruise fare increase, and I still managed to get $125 OBC...HAPPY:D

I am so glad I asked again....you just never know with RCL. Thanks to this thread, I decided to ask as many times as possible, and just may be you will get lucky.

THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE. I don't consider myself a newbie, more naive than newbie. I usually book with RCCL using their 24-hour line and have had excellent service. Well, booking my last two cruises have been interesting to say the least. And reading these posts, I understand now that it's a regular occurrence with RCCL. Like Nik23 says, "If you don't succeed, try again" and also with, "you just never know".

- Called in the fall regarding the "free grats" and I was under the assumption that it applied to all passengers. The fine print is just that - FINE, so small and confusing. So when my invoice came later with the grats, it only had the first two passengers. I mentioned that their advertising is misleading. They have no problems indicating details on the BOGO (second is 50% off, not free as this term is commonly used), but the free grats is vague and should be more clear. When booking, the agent did not mention this either. So call me naive, but advertising should be more clear and concise to avoid the buyer from feeling mislead. Anyways, they gave me free grat for one of my kids as a sign of good faith. Call. Always call.

- Called the first time for a price reduction and got it! Saved $500!

- Called for pricing and availability (we're a party of 5) and was told they were full. But other reasons prompted me to call again and sure enough, there was a JS available. The agent did not have the new plans (Adventure of the Seas January refurbishment). Call. Always call.

I switched my sail dates Tuesday from this summer to next summer. Called back today and was able to get over $250 OBC added. Never hurts to make the call to check. The rep, Patrick, was awesome and very helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums