Celebrity - Lost at Sea

Fouremco

Celebrity and its web team have lost their way once again.

Imagine my surprise when I tripped across this page advertising cruises to Vancouver, British Columbia, but showing a photo of Blue Rocks, Nova Scotia. Sure, they're both in Canada, but some 6,000km apart and on two different oceans. Hopefully the IT crew never gets the opportunity to get close to any ship's bridge!

1127lzq.jpg

This is not unusual due to the fact that geography is not important to a lot of people. Also, this is just about advertising and nothing about factual information...that's what it's all about nowadays!

Edited by Lastdance

This is not unusual due to the fact that geography is not important to a lot of people. Also, this is just about advertising and nothing about factual information...

Yet I doubt that a Celebrity ad for a Hawaiain cruise would use a photo of Bar Harbour. Just sloppy work.

I think a lot of people think it is OK to use a generic picture when they have no idea where it is, and they just assume that readers don't eaither. Boy are they mistaken. There is a face book ad for some travel agency that is touting drops on Trans-Pacific cruises that has a picture of St. Lucia in it.

I'm sure having a picture out of place is the least of the problems with the Celebrity website. Yesterday I tried to access and print luggage tags from the consumer check-in page and it kept re-directing me to the page with information about luggage tags not the actual PDF luggage tags.

I had to go in through the TA Portal and access them that way. Many many problems with the web site. Keeps me in business. :)

Yet I doubt that a Celebrity ad for a Hawaiain cruise would use a photo of Bar Harbour. Just sloppy work.

I understand your discomfort, the same would happen to me if on the tour to the Mayan ruins they put a picture of Giza.

I think a lot of people think it is OK to use a generic picture when they have no idea where it is, and they just assume that readers don't eaither. Boy are they mistaken. There is a face book ad for some travel agency that is touting drops on Trans-Pacific cruises that has a picture of St. Lucia in it.

I'm sure having a picture out of place is the least of the problems with the Celebrity website. Yesterday I tried to access and print luggage tags from the consumer check-in page and it kept re-directing me to the page with information about luggage tags not the actual PDF luggage tags.

I had to go in through the TA Portal and access them that way. Many many problems with the web site. Keeps me in business. :)

I just realized that the "Trans Pacific Price Drop" ad running on Facebook with the picture of St. Lucia, is from CruiseCritic or at least one of their sponsors since it bears the CruiseCritic logo.

Stock photography is certainly nothing new in website design. I wouldn’t get too concerned with it.

There's certainly a place for stock photographs, but if you are advertising Fords, you don't show photographs of Chevies. :halo:

Actually, I suspect that this is deliberate marketing, to get the idea of blending borders. There are photos at the top of the daily bulletins that follow this theme...the Caribbean beach right next to the Roman coliseum.

Although I could defend and genuinely liked their "Marco Polo" campaign, this crosses a line!:loudcry:

Celebrity and its web team have lost their way once again.

Imagine my surprise when I tripped across this page advertising cruises to Vancouver, British Columbia, but showing a photo of Blue Rocks, Nova Scotia. Sure, they're both in Canada, but some 6,000km apart and on two different oceans. Hopefully the IT crew never gets the opportunity to get close to any ship's bridge!

1127lzq.jpg

This is unacceptable. Doesn't anyone check for accuracy?

Trying to remember whether it was the Royal Caribbean website or the Celebrity Website that last year for several months featured a lovely aerial photo of a Mediterranean port clearly showing a cruise ship from a different cruise line entering / leaving port. Very sloppy, unprofessional, and showing a remarkable lack of attention to detail.

Not surprised. As a former teacher, we are pressured not to worry about incomplete or incorrect work. As long as they got part of the answer or better yet, if they were a star athlete, that's all that mattered. "School isn't the real world. We'll do it right when we get paid to do it."

Who cares!!!!

DON

Clearly not Celebrity. It's only one more indication of the lack of pride that Celebrity shore-based staff seem to have in their work. Another example: I received an email today advertising Celebrity's "Season of Savings Sale". Among the conditions was the statement that "Cruise must be booked September 6 to October 2, 2017. " Really? Was this an old ad that was sent out again in error or did they cut and paste the conditions from an old ad and forget to correct the dates. Either way, sloppy work.

Who cares!!!!

DON

It might seem trivial items to some, but - especially given the shaky performance of the Celebrity Web site for so many persons -- a seemly small detail adds to the degradation of the trust factor of clients/potential clients. If they can't get the small stuff right ...

Don't you think you may be giving them more credit than they deserve?

Face it peeps, Celebrity saves money when they use cheap stock photos and off shores their web site to techies that don't understand western hemisphere geography. What difference, at this point, does it make?

Edited by ChucktownSteve