Dining Room Attire

Serious question. We are doing our first RCCL cruise with our family in March.

It will be our daughter’s and grandsons first cruise.

Other than formal nights, will the boys (13 and 16) be ok in collared shirts and nice shorts?

Thank you

Other than formal nights, will the boys (13 and 16) be ok in collared shirts and nice shorts?

Thank you

There's no enforcement of dress suggestions, so they can wear whatever they like.

This makes me want to rethink my next cruise on RCCL. Maybe we need to stick with Celebrity, even Chic nights aren’t as bad as you people describe. Our last sailing on Royal was Feb on the Oasis, but we were Royal suite class and could dine anywhere on the ship including Coastal Kitchen, so we ate in specialty restaurants most nights. Since then we sailed twice on Celebrity. Our next sailing on RCCL is on the Vision of the Seas and This saddens me, since they have no real suite dinning, and specialty is just added dollars. Also on Celebrity most of our suite booking have included tips, internet, premium drink package, and 300.00 OBC. Not sure RCCL is worth it on any of the non super ships. Now we need to buy a drink package, apply our D+ discount to our internet, away for tips and only a measly 100.00 OBC. Nickel Diming us to death for a lesser quality experience.

people who dress down like that with wife beaters shirts ball cap cut off short get dirty looks and sneers there is nothing like looking at a guys hairy smelling arm pit as he talks to other people at his table with arms flying in the air as he is talking nasty nasty in the MDR i have seen it more then one time

How is someone a member here since 2011 and the evolution of dress in the MDR is coming as a surprise? There is a dress code thread almost every other day on these boards. Every once in a while you have to open one of them even if it is by mistake.

Thank you

Yes. Anything that anyone else adds past that word is just filler.

This makes me want to rethink my next cruise on RCCL. Maybe we need to stick with Celebrity, even Chic nights aren’t as bad as you people describe. Our last sailing on Royal was Feb on the Oasis, but we were Royal suite class and could dine anywhere on the ship including Coastal Kitchen, so we ate in specialty restaurants most nights. Since then we sailed twice on Celebrity. Our next sailing on RCCL is on the Vision of the Seas and This saddens me, since they have no real suite dinning, and specialty is just added dollars. Also on Celebrity most of our suite booking have included tips, internet, premium drink package, and 300.00 OBC. Not sure RCCL is worth it on any of the non super ships. Now we need to buy a drink package, apply our D+ discount to our internet, away for tips and only a measly 100.00 OBC. Nickel Diming us to death for a lesser quality experience.

We were on the Vision for 26 days and never had a bad experience in the MDR. We also enjoyed all the specialty restaurants, numerous times. Izumi was fantastic. If you are D+, Diamond and Concierge lounges have cocktails from 4:30 to 8:00 pm.

As far as your fare being all inclusive, that depends on bookings.

We love RCCL and have sailed them worldwide.

At least give it a try before forming an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once upon a time there was an attire thread where one poster proudly and loudly said their entire family goes to dinner on the last night in their pajamas to allow them to pre-pack for the trip home. Now THAT was some inappropriate dining room attire.

This makes me want to rethink my next cruise on RCCL. Maybe we need to stick with Celebrity, even Chic nights aren’t as bad as you people describe. Our last sailing on Royal was Feb on the Oasis, but we were Royal suite class and could dine anywhere on the ship including Coastal Kitchen, so we ate in specialty restaurants most nights. Since then we sailed twice on Celebrity. Our next sailing on RCCL is on the Vision of the Seas and This saddens me, since they have no real suite dinning, and specialty is just added dollars. Also on Celebrity most of our suite booking have included tips, internet, premium drink package, and 300.00 OBC. Not sure RCCL is worth it on any of the non super ships. Now we need to buy a drink package, apply our D+ discount to our internet, away for tips and only a measly 100.00 OBC. �� Nickel Diming us to death for a lesser quality experience. ��

Just looking at the additional includes means nothing without looking at the whole price. Once line gives a bunch of extras, but charges more, others include less, but the price is less. In the end, book what you think brings value.

Once upon a time there was an attire thread where one poster proudly and loudly said their entire family goes to dinner on the last night in their pajamas to allow them to pre-pack for the trip home. Now THAT was some inappropriate dining room attire.

Why didn't I think of that? My kids would have loved a pajamas at dinner night. Ok, not really, but why does everyone else care? Maybe it bothers me less because our table was just my family. If other people bother you, request a table for just your family.