How do feel if you are the only few who had paid more for your cruise

Hop77

Hi,

I have booked my cruise vacation before final payment. After final payment, guarantee stateroom was opened for selection which was way much cheaper than what I had paid. I took the highest priced balcony. No option to upgrade as suite are fully sold. I don't need any OBC as I had fully paid for everything, wifi and gratuities. FYI, I don't mind random room assignment as I am not fussy if I can save that $$.

I consoled myself saying I get to choose the best balcony of all rooms but I just don't feel too happy if people around me is paying so much lesser.

I consoled myself saying I get to choose the best balcony of all rooms but I just don't feel too happy if people around me is paying so much lesser.

I book with a US travel agent. Prices are lower than in my own country, and conditions are more flexible.

To be honest, that’s life.

I book when I see a price I can live with, then while I am able to refare watch prices like a hawk for better deals, then when I can no longer change my deal, stop looking.

Hi,

I have booked my cruise vacation before final payment. After final payment, guarantee stateroom was opened for selection which was way much cheaper than what I had paid......

Just think, some of the cruisers around you could be paying a higher price for their stateroom. Enjoy your cruise.

Keep checking with RCCL to see if any Jr. Suites become available (for a low cost or no cost upgrade). A few years back, I called RCCL about 30 days prior to a Radiance 10 day cruise to upgrade from a Jr. Suite to a Grand Suite for a net total $40 additional cruise fare. I saw the availability and price on the RCCL web site (and I was on the phone within minutes). There was no availability of Grand Suites for at least 6 months prior to my upgrade.

Just think, some of the cruisers around you could be paying a higher price for their stateroom. Enjoy your cruise.

Keep checking with RCCL to see if any Jr. Suites become available (for a low cost or no cost upgrade). A few years back, I called RCCL about 30 days prior to a Radiance 10 day cruise to upgrade from a Jr. Suite to a Grand Suite for a net total $40 additional cruise fare. I saw the availability and price on the RCCL web site (and I was on the phone within minutes). There was no availability of Grand Suites for at least 6 months prior to my upgrade.

Thanks. Exactly what I am doing everyday for now. Do you book on the US website?

Thanks. Exactly what I am doing everyday for now. Do you book on the US website?

You are welcome. Yes, I book on the US website. Travel agents often book blocks of staterooms. If they are unsold, they release then back to RCCL. This is what I was told when I got that $40 upgrade.

Do you ask those sitting around you on an airline how much each has paid for their seat...;):)

I am from SEA where price for air ticket usually goes rock high as date gets closer. The earlier you book, the cheapest it is. So from being excited about the cruise to a certain degree of sadness. This is my first RC cruise so was not very experience with the price culture.

I am from SEA where price for air ticket usually goes rock high as date gets closer. The earlier you book, the cheapest it is. So from being excited about the cruise to a certain degree of sadness. This is my first RC cruise so was not very experience with the price culture.

Seattle? Or does sea mean something else.

Don’t let it bother you. You KNOW, to the strongest degree one can, where your stateroom is. You had a price you were happy with, you have had it booked, no worries. People booking now and booking guarantee don’t have that peace.

Seattle? Or does sea mean something else.

Don’t let it bother you. You KNOW, to the strongest degree one can, where your stateroom is. You had a price you were happy with, you have had it booked, no worries. People booking now and booking guarantee don’t have that peace.

Oops. SEA = South East Asia. I am from Singapore.

I am trying to think beyond the price tag and be happy. :*

No different to when I buy a tin of beans at the supermarket and find it is half price the following week. I feel a little disappointed but accept that prices and offers will fluctuate.

As far as cruises are concerned, I have a good idea of prices and what is a good or fair price. I only book if I am happy with the price quoted. If I believe that the price will fall further and I am willing to take a chance, I will wait.

Doesn't most things in life work this way?

Guarantee rooms tend to be a little cheaper because the rooms aren't as good.

Not in our experience. Have been allocated great rooms.

Guaranteed rooms are cheaper because they do not include the “free” drinks packages or what ever promo they are running!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not in our experience. Have been allocated great rooms.

Guaranteed rooms are cheaper because they do not include the “free” drinks packages or what ever promo they are running!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are talking about the neighborhood balconies, you still get those, since it is the room category that determines that.

Just remember that on every cruise you take there are likely people that paid far more than you and others that pay far less. You always have to book at the value that is best for you. Value comes in many forms. It could be price, perks, or piece of mind. While some wait until the last minute to book, there is always the chance that it sells out and there are no cabins available. At least you got the sailing, cabin, and location you wanted. There is definitely value in that.

By the way, you can also use on board credit to purchase shore excursions. If they offer that rather than upgrading there are definitely uses for it! Or you could splurge on some specialty dining that you otherwise would have skipped.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure if you are responding to the right thread. This one has nothing to do with OBC. To the OP - prices fluctuate all the time and one cannot predict where they are going. Ours usually go up. You can take a gamble and book late or play it safe and book early. I go through this constantly when booking airfare - but once I do book (after final payment for a cruise), I never look again. At least for a cruise you might hope to upgrade but bottom line is you were happy with the price when you booked.

Or you wait for a good price and the ship gets fully sold out and never re-opens months and weeks and days out (I kept checking). I would've walked off a ship this morning if I wasn't being ridiculous. Instead I cleaned my house this weekend and am working today :(

Comparison is the the thief of joy. If you are happy with your cabin don't worry about what anyone else paid and enjoy your cruise!

Only one person on any ship actually paid the absolutely lowest price. Everyone else can worry themselves - or act like a grown-up.

There are many times on these threads when it seems that people are more interested in price than quality of experience.

I feel very sorry for them.

Comparison is the the thief of joy. If you are happy with your cabin don't worry about what anyone else paid and enjoy your cruise!

Fully agree, I've booked early and also late and always seem to pick a price that goes down. Being from the UK there is no adjustment either.

I can't help looking to check out of curiosity but take the view now its booked, I'm going and I was happy when I booked.