RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

My guess, and only a guess, before Royal kicks anyone out of DL, they will first limit drinks to 3, period. This should free up some lounge space. This is a cost savings for Royal and easier on the general population of Diamonds then kicking them out. Less PO’d people.

If this doesn’t free up Space then it will be easy to leave drinks at 3 limit.

Look at Royals financial numbers. Nobody is leaving because of price increases and reduction of FREE perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Doesn't matter with us. We have a couple of drinks at the DL. We like to go there to socialize with people. So if the limit the drinks is okay.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

"We don't care. It doesn't matter". This is why you have $10 fast food burgers and reduction of loyalty benefits. "Doesn't impact me. I'll pay whatever. A bad day on a ship is better than a good day at work. We tip everyone we see no matter the level of service". Welcome to Las Vegas priced shows with high school set quality 'We will always be loyal no matter what."

"We don't care. It doesn't matter". This is why you have $10 fast food burgers and reduction of loyalty benefits. "Doesn't impact me. I'll pay whatever. A bad day on a ship is better than a good day at work. We tip everyone we see no matter the level of service". Welcome to Las Vegas priced shows with high school set quality 'We will always be loyal no matter what."

Why so negative?

Are you not enjoying cruising anymore?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

What makes you think "most" people get the drink packages? I usually cruise with large groups, and there are only a handful of people in each group that buy the drink packages.

WOW! Stereotype much? How exactly do you know what all diamonds "usually do?" While there may be some who are smug, and some who brag about how little they spend, there are PLENTY who don't use the diamond lounges, always book balconies or higher, purchase drinks and excursions, etc.

Try spending time at any bar on the ship any time of the day. The bars are 3 deep with passengers waiting for service from inadequate over taxed staff trying hard to keep up. Listen to the number of people asking what is covered in one package or another. Whether or not you have the drink package you are impacted by the poor choices and overcrowding.

Try spending time at any bar on the ship any time of the day. The bars are 3 deep with passengers waiting for service from inadequate over taxed staff trying hard to keep up. Listen to the number of people asking what is covered in one package or another. Whether or not you have the drink package you are impacted by the poor choices and overcrowding.

I agree.

We go on a cruise to enjoy the ship and ports not to get drunk.The last cruise we had the free drinks package and the only difference was we had a glass of prosecco at lunchtime in windjammer and my wife had a pina colada while sitting in the shade around the pool while i was in the gym.

The bars are 3 deep with passengers waiting for service from inadequate over taxed staff trying hard to keep up.

and there are other times when the bartenders are sitting around with few customers and one can get that free D drink without any wait.

I agree.

We go on a cruise to enjoy the ship and ports not to get drunk.The last cruise we had the free drinks package and the only difference was we had a glass of prosecco at lunchtime in windjammer and my wife had a pina colada while sitting in the shade around the pool while i was in the gym.

Agree.

We never do the drink package...it would be overkill for us.

We typically bring on our allowed two bottles of wine on a 7 day cruise. Comped wine already waiting on ice in our cabin on check in. A glass of wine in the cabin while getting ready for dinner, and glass on the balcony during the afternoon on sea days. And always our favorite tradition...a glass on the balcony to celebrate sail away on embarkation day.

A few drinks celebrated with like minded friends in the CL/DL before dinner. Social hour, always a good time.

Many times we have taken our wine back off the ship, since this whole set up is pretty much more than we need.

Agree.

We never do the drink package...it would be overkill for us.

We typically bring on our allowed two bottles of wine on a 7 day cruise. Comped wine already waiting on ice in our cabin on check in. A glass of wine in the cabin while getting ready for dinner, and glass on the balcony during the afternoon on sea days. Then our favorite...a glass on the balcony to celebrate sail away on embarkation day.

A few drinks celebrated with like minded friends in the CL/DL before dinner. Social hour, always a good time.

Many times we have taken our wine back off the ship, since this whole set up is pretty much more than we need.

I'm sorry we never got to open that bottle of Caymus.

To many other bottles kept showing up in the cabin. 😱😱

We have enjoyed the Celebrity elite happy hour for several cruises and find ordering more drinks not to be a problem. I sometimes tip a dollar with the first drink and they remember that.

We tip a dollar per drink for every single drink during the whole cruise. So many different waiters...we spread it around.

I'm sorry we never got to open that bottle of Caymus.

To many other bottles kept showing up in the cabin. 😱😱

There is always the next time!! Looking forward to it! :cool:

And no...there is plenty of room in the hallway for your stacks of empty

wine buckets!! ;p:D

John, I need to cruise with you.... I could take your overflow off your hands. At least the non-pink koolaid wines.

JC

Indeed Laura is very fond of her Beringer White Zin. :cool: John is good at keeping his La Casa filled with boxes in storage. ;)