RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

OMG...did they ever finally finish that scrubber progject? Bucky talked to one of the contractors one night on deck who was off duty. He said it was supposed to be a six month project...obviously that went way, way over the planned six months! :eek:

Last year I spoke to a couple guys working on the Liberty scrubbers. They were onboard figuring out how to convert the oversized pumps that had been installed to a lower pressure. Evidently the engineering was faulty.

At least the hot heads don't last long here on CC. I am sure the mods are watching that troublemaker. Posting on CC is privilege...not a right. Behave and be welcomed...or....:confused::o

Totally agree,it is nice to exchange views especially with yourself John&lala bigeck and other nice posters but some on here seem intent to be confrontational.

You have entirely missed the point.

Thanks...I am good at that. :D:cool:

I bring a few "prohibited" water bottles on board also. But if security questions me, I would never lie about it..and have in fact happily showed them my 6-8 bottles for inspection. They happily gave them back to me and waved me on.

Go figure, eh?

Now what was that point again? ;) :DSorry...just messing with you. I will go hang my head in the corner now.

Edited by island lady

Totally agree,it is nice to exchange views especially with yourself John&lala bigeck and other nice posters but some on here seem intent to be confrontational.

That's why they don't last long. ;)

This is supposed to be fun! :D

It was for the first time on our June 2017 cruise on Freedom out of Barcelona.

Nice try.

Until June on Freedom in Barcelona i used to just carry it on with a pack of water but in June they had a desk port side with security sign saying no beer so i went back to duty free put the beer in hand luggage and walked past security up the gangway and onto the ship.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54249439&highlight=beer#post54249439

Oh you naughty boy you....LOL! Busted! :D:cool: The difference is you would never lie about it

to security when asked about it. :)

He absolutely lied about his beer.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54249439&highlight=beer#post54249439

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53387001&highlight=beer#post53387001

Or this post

This was still in the terminal at the top of the escalator,they had a RC board saying no beer.He checked the shop carrier bag where i had 6 cans of beer and he pointed to the sign.

We just went back downstairs saying we were taking them back to shop then put the cans in a hand case and went back up and walked straight past him and up the gangway to the ship no more checks except card when we got on ship.

Thanks...I am good at that. :D:cool:

I bring a few "prohibited" water bottles on board also. But if security questions me, I would never lie about it..and have in fact happily showed them my 6-8 bottles for inspection. They happily gave them back to me and waved me on.

Go figure, eh?

Now what was that point again? ;) :DSorry...just messing with you. I will go hang my head in the corner now.

I'm surprised on that thread someone never mentioned the mouthwash video on you tube

I'm surprised on that thread someone never mentioned the mouthwash video on you tube

Oh...I bet that was hilarious! Someone have link? :confused:

Guess I could google it. Will check it out...thanks! :D

OMG!! I just tried to google it...and found dozens of them. Yuck!! Listerine flavored booze. No thanks! Gross!

On our last few cruises the concierge's have not moved from their desks and mixed with guests and they certainly seem scared to say anything in this case.

A couple of years ago the DL lady concierge was brilliant and spent most of the time talking to guests.

We had a great relationship with her and took her to dinner on the last night after cocktail hours.

We have noticed that with some of the concierges over the last couple years. A few of them spend a lot of time on their computers. Most are out and about mingling. In one lounge the bartender had to leave from time to time to get supplies. When he was gone people had to wait for his return to got a drink. One passenger started to pour his own drink and that was the only time I ever saw that concierge get out from behind his desk. Fortunately most of the concierges are not like that.

Oh...I bet that was hilarious! Someone have link? :confused:

Guess I could google it. Will check it out...thanks! :D

OMG!! I just tried to google it...and found dozens of them. Yuck!! Listerine flavored booze. No thanks! Gross!

A lot to choose from.

I think it's funny the extremes they go to.

As in Monty Python? :D

Monty was the nickname of our city football club goalkeeper.

My mam and dad continued keeping cats and dogs until they they both died November 2nd 2011(mam) March 5th 2012(dad).

Their cat was called lewis and one of their neighbours asked for him so we let him stay with them.

CC would be terribly boring if we only have you and Island Lady holding your private talks.

Exchange phone numbers. [emoji33]

Confrontation posts keep it interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ah, that is your justification.

Pot, meet kettle.

Don't understand where you are going? I have never critised anyone for bringing onboard what is allowed and beer was until then.

I always get them in the duty free at Barcelona and carry them in the duty free bag.

At the top of the elevator there was a board saying no beer which they had just started.I was waived on with the Perrier.

CC would be terribly boring if we only have you and Island Lady holding your private talks.

Exchange phone numbers. [emoji33]

Confrontation posts keep it interesting.

Confrontation is fine. We all have different views to spend money and how we cruise.

It's when they get totally out of hand and obnoxious and think they're way is correct.

I would like to see Royal enforce the laws they implemented, whether it be dress code or stuff that a lot of folk think they can do what they please.

Confrontation is fine. We all have different views to spend money and how we cruise.

It's when they get totally out of hand and obnoxious and think they're way is correct.

I would like to see Royal enforce the laws they implemented, whether it be dress code or stuff that a lot of folk think they can do what they please.

Royal would need to make dress codes more than a suggestion before enforcing. If they start forcing people to wear Suits and Ties to MDR or Dinner, they will lose lots of cruisers.

Confrontation....

Exactly! If someone is constantly going to post about bringing on something that is on the prohibited list, like beer or water, it is hypocritical to then harass someone else for bringing on something they shouldn't.

Royal would need to make dress codes more than a suggestion before enforcing. If they start forcing people to wear Suits and Ties to MDR or Dinner, they will lose lots of cruisers.

Confrontation....

I meant confrontation on here.

I don't think they would or should enforce jackets and ties in the Mdr.

I think they should enforce the people that come scruffy to the Mdr and a swimsuit in the Dl is a bit much. Or less