RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Don’t think Brilliance has Viking Crown. They call it StarQuest or Star Quest. Rotating bar.

I know the deck plans show a VCL but I believe it is all part of the StarQuest???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The entire complex is the Viking Crown. Star Quest, Vortex, etc. are all part of it.

The rotating bars don't always work. Kind of like the pool tables

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Which people have been saying for years, now. I think these predictions only become meaningful if these predicted changes 1 Occur and 2 Occur in the reasonably near future. For example in 100 years which of us will be around to discuss when the change occurred. Heck, half this forum may not make 10 years.:evilsmile:

JC

A broken clock is right twice a day. 😉

Thanks captain obvious.

[emoji3] agree with you JC.

I hesitated to contribute to this thread, as I disagree with the majority of opinions and think some of the suggestions are absurd - and usually people get flamed for that.

Nice to see all the Diamond Plus/Pinnacles weighing in with their opinions about reducing benefits to Diamonds.

I imagine you all would have had a different opinion about this issue when you were Diamond.

I am a Diamond, and I do enjoy access to the Diamond lounge for breakfast and the free drinks. I DO drink more than 3 drinks in happy hour.

I think some of the sanctimonious comments (from people who are above Diamond status) providing ‘solutions’ to overcrowding of the Diamond Lounge by limiting benefits to Diamonds are offensive.

I think the use of overflow areas is fine to address the overcrowding issue.

B2B first, even before the Star Class

I have witnessed pinnacles stroll on with the b2b folks. Those people felt it wasn't right that they had to wait till after the b2b folks boarded. Best part was that the royal rep said nothing and let them board with the b2b group.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have witnessed pinnacles stroll on with the b2b folks. Those people felt it wasn't right that they had to wait till after the b2b folks boarded. Best part was that the royal rep said nothing and let them board with the b2b group.

That is known as the Pinnacle creep. 😉

It's fun to watch them work their way forward over on the left side in Port Canaveral.

I boarded with the B2B folks on Serenade last April, but I was supposed to be on the ship the previous sailing anyway. Laura went solo because I wasn't cleared for travel. I did clear it with the shoreside staff

Let me first say I value the D and D+ benefits. But, in the end, is there really such a thing as a "free" lunch? Certainly the cost of the drinks and the apps served in the lounges does not end up on our accounts, but I have to believe we all pay for it, no matter what C&A status one might have or not have.

Consistency, on the other hand, is a different matter. Wouldn't it be nice.... I tend to think each ship is set up as a distinct profit center. Staff has some discretion. The accountants on board probably generate a report each day that indicates whether or not cruise is meeting targets. That may drive decisions that impact how we view product quality and services levels.

Consistency? On a 7-day cruise recently that had well over 800 D and above, DL was closed for evening cocktail period and relocated to the show lounge. CL was small interior room. We chose to go to the VCL one evening rather than the show lounge and use our vouchers. We sat at bar. Seated next to us was a fellow who was a D, right next to us. We ordered; he ordered. Bartender looked at our card and gave it right back; he took the D's card and processed it. There were other D+ and P with us, and the same happened when they ordered. Know where we were each night after that for cocktails (appetizers are not that important to us; we enjoy meet up with others)?

And I'll hazard a guess the D saw what happened as well: he was seated right next to me.

So you are saying that because your group was d+ and pinnacle the bartender didn't swipe your cards? While the person next to you was only diamond, his card was swiped for the drink?

Was he ordering a drink not on the d menu? Or maybe he had a drink package? Just curious to why the bartender would do that.

[emoji3] agree with you JC.

I hesitated to contribute to this thread, as I disagree with the majority of opinions and think some of the suggestions are absurd - and usually people get flamed for that.

Nice to see all the Diamond Plus/Pinnacles weighing in with their opinions about reducing benefits to Diamonds.

I imagine you all would have had a different opinion about this issue when you were Diamond.

I am a Diamond, and I do enjoy access to the Diamond lounge for breakfast and the free drinks. I DO drink more than 3 drinks in happy hour.

I think some of the sanctimonious comments (from people who are above Diamond status) providing ‘solutions’ to overcrowding of the Diamond Lounge by limiting benefits to Diamonds are offensive.

I think the use of overflow areas is fine to address the overcrowding issue.

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. All of the suggestions to make the lounges D+ and Pinnacle only are coming from D+ and Pinnacle members. I was excited to make it to diamond, and enjoy being able to pop into the lounge to grab a drink and a soda. I never stay long because I usually have early dinner. That said, I'm not ready to just surrender my benefits because those "above" me think I should.

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. All of the suggestions to make the lounges D+ and Pinnacle only are coming from D+ and Pinnacle members. I was excited to make it to diamond, and enjoy being able to pop into the lounge to grab a drink and a soda. I never stay long because I usually have early dinner. That said, I'm not ready to just surrender my benefits because those "above" me think I should.

I agree with you 100%!!

I worked hard to get to my lowly Diamond status and I would be really upset if they took benefits away!!

That is known as the Pinnacle creep. [emoji6]

It's fun to watch them work their way forward over on the left side in Port Canaveral.

I boarded with the B2B folks on Serenade last April, but I was supposed to be on the ship the previous sailing anyway. Laura went solo because I wasn't cleared for travel. I did clear it with the shoreside staff

That is what it is called [emoji849] pinnacle creep sounds right.

I saw this at port Canaveral also. Did not witness this at port everglades on our b2b there.

Well we all have to work hard eating and drinking on the cruise ship! [emoji6] it's tough work, but some one has to do it.

I worked hard to make the money to afford the cruises to make it to diamond. Since many of us do not live near the cruise port, we have to fly at the additional cost. So yes , for many of us to achieve diamond level, we do have to work hard.

The entire complex is the Viking Crown. Star Quest, Vortex, etc. are all part of it.

The rotating bars don't always work. Kind of like the pool tables

Yep, like the deck plans show. I actually looked for the name in something up there. Big sign for StarQuest. Signs on doors for DL and CL.

I agree that the entire deck 13 is likely the VCL as the deck plans indicate. The doors are not laid out like the deck plans indicate.

Not really a recognized level. Several new benefits, but non existent. Kind of like D++

I am aware that it seems D+ with >350 pts get invites to some events onboard that lower level D+ do not. I guess it has to do with the number of D+ onboard a particular cruise.

On Freedom President Cruise. There was a lunch on our Sea Day with officers that Suites, P, and D+ >350 were invited.

Worked hard? 😱

Yes!!! I worked very hard to save enough money, to cruise enough to reach Diamond status. I have worked hard all my life for everything I have and this is no different.

I really didn’t expect you guys to make fun of what I was trying to say. Some of the others maybe....but not you.

Yes!!! I worked very hard to save enough money, to cruise enough to reach Diamond status. I have worked hard all my life for everything I have and this is no different.

I really didn’t expect you guys to make fun of what I was trying to say. Some of the others maybe....but not you.

Not making fun of you. I believe we all have an investment in this in one form or the other.

I just remind others when they get wrapped around their Status that Royal may and does change the rules and perks. It’s not an entitlement or lifetime benefit. It’s not likely at this point Royal will add perks.

Apologies, Laura says it all the time. I just shake my head. Didn't mean to offend.

I am aware that it seems D+ with >350 pts get invites to some events onboard that lower level D+ do not. I guess it has to do with the number of D+ onboard a particular cruise.

On Freedom President Cruise. There was a lunch on our Sea Day with officers that Suites, P, and D+ >350 were invited.

340 points gets you another cabin gift, behind scenes tours, meal with officer, 150% solo surcharge. Most of that does not apply to the short cruises though.

Apologies, Laura says it all the time. I just shake my head. Didn't mean to offend.

I am sorry I took offense!!

I. grew up with literally nothing and had to rake and scrape for everything I have ever had. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would be able to cruise four or five times a year.

Guess it made me a little “thin skinned “.....I apologize to you for sounding off the way I did.

Have a great evening!!