Another amazing Oceanview Lunch on Eclipse

cruisestitch

sorry if I missed it, but is this buffet for anyone?, ie, people like me who cruise in inside cabins?. Looks amazing. I cruised Celebrity many years ago, but am looking again at them for my next cruise, which could be a bit of a time, but am researching for when I am ready. So, question, this regular buffet open to all guests or for those in suites or elite status? Thanks for these wonderful photos and making me hungry.:)

It's for all passengers from inside to top suites, non captains club members to Zenith.

In my opinion, and this is my 36th Celebrity cruise across all their ships, this ship has some of the best buffets I have ever seen. I hate to leave her. We'll be back in March and I am very much looking forward to the food among other things. Have had great food in Blu as well. A bit less impressed with Qsine and Murano compared to other ships we have been on, but overall this ship is one of Celebrity's highest rated (I think it is actually #1 but not sure??) for good reason.

• 5 months later...

Having trouble writing this as I am having a Diabetic Crisis. They do offer very good sugar free desserts as well as ice cream in the MDR. So looking forward to the embarkation buffet.

Sue

My prior X cruises were so long ago that I can't remember the buffet. I can compare my recent Equinox trip to an RCCL trip the year before and I enjoyed the Celeb buffet much more. The food quality was a bit better, and the layout of the buffet and the ability to get around the buffet was much much better. Celeb's buffet is smaller, and when it was crowded, it was really crowded (like first sea day lunch and embarkation when no one knows what to get), but RCCL had several choke points where people would queue up and make it difficult to even see the offerings every day at every meal. RCCL's was huge, but you kind of just gave up and got food whether that was truly what you wanted. After the first sea day, the Celeb buffet sorted itself out, and it was easy to make a loop of the stations and decide what to try today - and the pizza, excellent pizza for a buffet.

Nice pics.

We usually avoid the buffet at lunch time, but if our September cruise on Eclipse offers anything like what you showed, we will have to take a second look.

Our last 2 cruises they had the “carved meats” day at lunch on a sea day near the end of the cruise. Had a wonderful Octoberfest lunch in the OV, including fresh baked pretzels. Also had a great “pie day”. With lots of meat pies and also dessert pies. We have found that, at least on the Reflection & the Eclipse, the OV at lunch has had some very tasty special lunches.

I just spent 3 weeks on the Connie in the Med. There was a carving station every day at lunch (when we were on the ship--often off on tours). I suspect it was there every day. What was more amazing was the dinners in the Oceanview. Carving station again, but local foods brought on in port, such as mussels. Themed nights, depending on what country we were in. Innovative salads, some of the best I've ever had. We pretty much abandoned the MDR after discovering this. The MDR food is same old, same old. If you've cruised Celebrity often, it gets boring.

I just spent 3 weeks on the Connie in the Med. There was a carving station every day at lunch (when we were on the ship--often off on tours). I suspect it was there every day. What was more amazing was the dinners in the Oceanview. Carving station again, but local foods brought on in port, such as mussels. Themed nights, depending on what country we were in. Innovative salads, some of the best I've ever had. We pretty much abandoned the MDR after discovering this. The MDR food is same old, same old. If you've cruised Celebrity often, it gets boring.

You don’t know how happy you have made me! We are doing a B2B in 10 days time with the first cruise in Concierge, then Aqua. We will certainly be in Oceanview the first week!

Many thanks

Wendy

You don’t know how happy you have made me! We are doing a B2B in 10 days time with the first cruise in Concierge, then Aqua. We will certainly be in Oceanview the first week!

Many thanks

Wendy

It was a big surprise to me. We just stumbled on it having returned from an all-day tour and being too tired to shower and get dressed up for dinner. We just kept coming back. Hope you have as good an experience. Enjoy your cruises!